• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unbeliever

Ahh, it's good to see you lurking around. People have tried to replace you but it's just not the same. Nobody fills your shorts quite like you do.
...after this weekend, my own shorts will probably be soggier and even maybe floating off in to the lake!:eek:

(re: BIG storm coming that's going to dump 90-100mm of rain onto semi-frozen ground = likely flash flooding nightmare... but at least we're going to miss the 10-12hrs of freezing rain!)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Fellowship Adventures starts Monday 13th January in the Live Worlds!
Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/r8pd72s

82804553_10215652320961697_1911345547202002944_n.jpg

The Unbeliever

I hope they don't add prizes to this ranking. I still find it useless as in theorie it could become a who gets the max score first game.
*If* they were to do something like say, introduce a "Fellowship Leveling" system, it would be great to add in 'Fellowship Exp' to the Spire & FA events...

And by 'Fellowship Leveling' system, it would be something like;
- gives additional KP's per day (collected from MH once per 24hr - no. of KP increases at certain Lv milestones)
- reduce supply costs to train troops by X% (reduction increases at certain Lv milestones)
- reduce time to open Spire gates by X% (reduction increases at certain Lv milestones)
- reduce tournament cool down time by X% (as above)
- reduce build times by X% (as above)

Would give a lot more weight to joining and developing good fellowships beyond just those who want 10 chests every week in the tournies...
The % reductions don't event need to be huge or anything - even topping out at say 20% reduction by say a max Fellowship Lv.75 would be solidly worthwhile, and if done properly, you'd probably realistically expect to take 4-5 years to max out a Fellowship Lv.

...of course, the Elvenar team being who they are, they'll probably just take the stupidly lazy road of just throwing some exclusive buildings to the top 5 Fellowships and thus kill off 99% of the interest in the system right off the bat. :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sure, why not put one more knife in the idea of solo players and Fellowships for the sake of fellowship. If they've decided that nothing really matters except the fellowships that are committed to doing whatever it takes to be number one anyway, why not reward the top handful even more? it's not like they already get all kinds of extra benefits which aren't available to the vast majority of players. Oh, wait......

DeletedUser2959

Giving to one is not the same as taking from another. I don't see how this hurts anyone. I'm open to discussion though.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Sure, why not put one more knife in the idea of solo players and Fellowships for the sake of fellowship. If they've decided that nothing really matters except the fellowships that are committed to doing whatever it takes to be number one anyway, why not reward the top handful even more? it's not like they already get all kinds of extra benefits which aren't available to the vast majority of players. Oh, wait......

I'm sincerely and really interested in knowing what the "all kinds of extra benefits" top FS gets that others' don't. It is seeming to me, and I'm not alone, that Elvenar is less & less interested in keeping top players happy so please do tell :confused::confused:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm sincerely and really interested in knowing what the "all kinds of extra benefits" top FS gets that others' don't. It is seeming to me, and I'm not alone, that Elvenar is less & less interested in keeping top players happy so please do tell :confused::confused:
The dozens of extras that come in getting ten (or close to ten) chests every week, the dozens of extras that come with getting most of your members past the first gate in the spire every week, the Stability of not having to struggle with getting people to take your trades every day, Regular help from 24 people besides your active neighbours, all of the prizes for completing all three stages of the Fellowship adventures each time, instead of maybe one or two and not placing in the top 50 for an extra building or instant, motivated players not having to chose between sticking with you and dumping your FS to move on to one that gets more chest and more FA points and further in the spire every time.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Elvarian Carnival event just started in Beta!

Our Note has all the information you need: https://tinyurl.com/varaehy
You are welcome to share it with friends!

82781114_10215736445224751_6596946209036828672_n.jpg

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

The dozens of extras that come in getting ten (or close to ten) chests every week, the dozens of extras that come with getting most of your members past the first gate in the spire every week, the Stability of not having to struggle with getting people to take your trades every day, Regular help from 24 people besides your active neighbours, all of the prizes for completing all three stages of the Fellowship adventures each time, instead of maybe one or two and not placing in the top 50 for an extra building or instant, motivated players not having to chose between sticking with you and dumping your FS to move on to one that gets more chest and more FA points and further in the spire every time.
Well, this is exactly why I'd love to see Elvenar port over the FoE Fellowship/Guild exp system - now EVERYONE is earning at least something based on their participation level...

Sure, the top end Fellowships will naturally climb that hill the fastest, but with a Fellowship Leveling system, the many, many smaller fellowships will finally earn something equally worthwhile as well!
While it may take much longer for a less active/smaller fellowship to hit the mid to high levels, even just throwing them the basic bone of 2-5% reductions for thing like;
- Tourney round time
- troop training costs
- build times
- +1kp per day
etc... Gives added encouragement to go a little bit further beyond what they may currently do.
(ie: say a 'small' fellowship of 20'ish Ch6 and under cities normally only hit 3 chests per week in the tourny - if the troops suddenly become a bit cheaper to produce, then it makes it more enticing to try 1 additional round and thus, could mean that suddenly the fellowship is able to get 4 chests/week now!)

As it is though, no one cares about pushing their cities to do something that will give absolutely 0 actual benefit. (ie: why bother pushing through the Spire if it cripples your city and the 'fellowship reward' gives nothing beyond a cosmetic "how far did you get vs. everyone else?!")

mikeledo

I see in the Carnival Event it is upgrading the building to level 16 or higher. This means folks with magic buildings in chapter 15 won't be able to upgrade their buildings and have it count, so there is zero incentive to buy and use diamonds and give INNO money. All they have to do is change the 6 to a 5 and cash in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I see in the Carnival Event it is upgrading the building to level 16 or higher. This means folks with magic buildings in chapter 15 won't be able to upgrade their buildings and have it count, so there is zero incentive to buy and use diamonds and give INNO money. All they have to do is change the 6 to a 5 and cash in.
Unlike all the other players after three months in chapter 15, who are sitting on all kinds of residences and workshops just waiting to be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.