• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
When the first FA was announced many moons ago, it was stated that badges would be able to carry over. That never happened. INNO decided a clean slate would be better. Now every now and then there is a glitch, and you get some badges you didn't earn at the beginning of an event.

The badges carrying over was implemented on Beta and then removed before the first live, but the removal was not complete. The completed badges did not carry over, but the progress toward the badge did. So uncollected badges could be collected the next FA. At some point after the FA changed to the quest palette format, the progress was wiped clean so that it would not carry over from one FA to the next.

DeletedUser18830

This new format FA is identical to the last one with sixteen Adventure Items - except it needs one-and-a-half times MORE Items for each waypoint!!!

Stage Three needs 400+ Blacksmith Badges and I wonder how many will be able to make that many?

Even the strongest fellowships can only make so many 24 hour productions per day - so now one is forced to sit back and wait a day for another batch to be ready...

This is going to leave a great many fellowships in the dust as the newer ones especially will be completely unable to complete even one set of way points.

It would seem that the developers have completely forgotten about new people playing the game, and are concentrating only on the People playing in the last few chapters who can make zillions of everything quickly and easily!

This is the wrong way to think! The developers need to keep in mind the new players, and the new fellowships that are still weak! If they decide that this game is too hard for them, they are going to quit!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23267

The last stage of this fellowship adventure is very badge heavy. Does anyone know when this adventure is scheduled to start in the non beta worlds?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The last stage of this fellowship adventure is very badge heavy. Does anyone know when this adventure is scheduled to start in the non beta worlds?

It is probably part of the update the game is getting tomorrow, so most likely next Monday or Thursday, since those are the days almost everything starts on the live servers. We should get the 2-3 day advance notice in-game, though, so there will be time when that happens to put out all the baby buildings and start those 1-day and 2-day productions.

DeletedUser12171

Stage Three needs 400+ Blacksmith Badges and I wonder how many will be able to make that many?

Even the strongest fellowships can only make so many 24 hour productions per day - so now one is forced to sit back and wait a day for another batch to be ready...

This is going to leave a great many fellowships in the dust as the newer ones especially will be completely unable to complete even one set of way points.

You don't need 400 bs badges to finish 3rd stage.

You may need 400 bs badges if you want to be number 1. But that's the point. If you are competing for number 1, then it's the best FS that takes it.

neeronie

I have to express my disappointment with the choice of the format for the upcoming Fellowship Event. The difficulty level will most likely make impossible for smaller and newer Fellowship to make it past the first two stages. We are planning like crazy to do just that, although the Blacksmith, Statues, and Necklaces requirements are going to a killer, I fear. The least number of Blacksmiths is 90 but that path has 90 necklaces and 45 Statues. The 90 Blacksmith requires the equivalent of 450 workshops working 1 day add to that the 45 tier 1 working for 2 days and 90 tier 1 work 1. That is not fun to contemplate but I must.

Kekune

Potentially big news: they're considering changing the star rating for cross tier trades. If you've got an account on beta, go weigh in!

Marindor's announcement:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Potentially big news: they're considering changing the star rating for cross tier trades. If you've got an account on beta, go weigh in!

Marindor's announcement:

Well that's enough to get me in to say a quick howdy ;)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Today's upgrade in Beta

• A ranking list has been added for the Spire Multiplayer feature:

SpireMulti01.png

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Proposal: Trader star rating changes

In Beta, player feedback is being asked for a new System to make cross-tier trades fairer.
The 4:1 ration may be changed to 2:1 or even 1,5

Read about it here:

neeronie

It is probably part of the update the game is getting tomorrow, so most likely next Monday or Thursday, since those are the days almost everything starts on the live servers. We should get the 2-3 day advance notice in-game, though, so there will be time when that happens to put out all the baby buildings and start those 1-day and 2-day productions.
I do like the notion of advanced notice. I have encouraged my fellows to start early however, because the new non-boosted and workshop buildings will require more population which means upgrade current or build more residences for most players. Also, the space problem must be solved and that is where ElvenStats.com and ElvenArchitect comes in handy.

neeronie

I do like the notion of advanced notice. I have encouraged my fellows to start early however, because the new non-boosted and workshop buildings will require more population which means upgrade current or build more residences for most players. Also, the space problem must be solved and that is where ElvenStats.com and ElvenArchitect comes in handy.

T6583

Marindor's announcement:
I’m actually looking forward to this. I hope that it gets positive feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.