• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Since we somehow got to talking about the proposed Trader changes in the "The Elvenar!" thread and not here, there is an update on the Beta forums. It looks like their next update, not sure if tomorrow or next Thursday, will include the changes on what is a fair trade. It will now be 2.25:1.5:1.0 and will be part of the Live servers with update 1.97 a couple of weeks later. So we will get this change at the same time the Carnival/Valentine event starts, or maybe a week or two into the event.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Personally I am more interested in when the visit update for browsers will happen than the trading change. I expect my trader will still be flooded with trades that I can't filter away to search for those I want. They should just add a filter, one of the existing tick boxes could have done it as the current ones are mutually exclusive anyway.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If your members are wanting to see the coming trade ratio changes details for themselves, I've made a short link to the Beta forum post: bit.ly/evxtier

The wholesaler change is really going to bug people in the upcoming event. Trade with the wholesaler x times is included as a possibility until you reach the bonus quests.

EDIT: I should have looked back at the thread. Wholesaler is postponed, presumably till after the event.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
The quest, "Research a Tech OR Upgrade a building to level 16 or higher" is the event killer. This quest prevents anyone for several days, possibly a week if starting a new guest race chapter, with buildings already max leveled and no portal goods made yet. Portal profits might also not be the trick out of this predicament, to get through to unlocking research. This particular pairing is extremely detrimental to players starting Any new chapter and just placed a new portal.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Wow! I can't even count the number of times we have (on Beta and live forums) said that this type of quest is a show stopper for a fair amount of players and needs to be changed. They can't quite seem to remember why certain quests are complained about over and over. They must have different people creating the quests every event. It is the only way I can think that they could manage to add at least one quest in each event that totally makes it impossible for certian players to continue the event!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Wow! I can't even count the number of times we have (on Beta and live forums) said that this type of quest is a show stopper for a fair amount of players and needs to be changed. They can't quite seem to remember why certain quests are complained about over and over. They must have different people creating the quests every event. It is the only way I can think that they could manage to add at least one quest in each event that totally makes it impossible for certian players to continue the event!

I actually miss the upgrade quest. I don't mind not having it for a couple of events, but it is one that you can prepare for in almost all cases (the beginning of the dwarf chapter may be the hardest if you have the research or upgrade to level 16). Many later chapters can rebuild buildings, like armories, to qualify.

Deleted User - 3932582

Yeah, given stupidly high orc requirements for chapter 15 upgrades, armories are the last things I would be deleting, even if temporarily. Would probably dump a T1 if needs to be, even though that would impact goods production quests. So this quest would certainly be doable, but will be pretty annoying.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah, given stupidly high orc requirements for chapter 15 upgrades, armories are the last things I would be deleting, even if temporarily. Would probably dump a T1 if needs to be, even though that would impact goods production quests. So this quest would certainly be doable, but will be pretty annoying.
Teleport out a T1 and level a couple of extra armouries to 15 in the next weekish. I always have a couple of empty expansions for storage, so I;m just bring up several armouries from scratch.

DeletedUser2870

*lol*...I'm going to delete an armory once the upgrades on the other 2 are done. The amount of orcs needed will force me to wait until then as I will be needing every one I can get to get to those upgrads, but after that it's bye-bye and I will continue with 2.
The trainingsize will be high enough thanks to a high-level Shrooms and a mid-level Bulwark. And to get more orcs I'll maybe put up some more orcnests. My 4 orc nests take up only slightly more space than 1 armory at this point, and produce significantly more orcs, without the hassle of having to reset them exactly every 12 hours to make the most of them.
1 lvl 34 armory creates 1300 orcs/12 hours on 28 squares. 4 orcnests crafted in chapter 15 produce 4x440=1760 orcs/12 hours on 32 squares. I think I'll craft another 2 when they come along in the MA again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yeah, given stupidly high orc requirements for chapter 15 upgrades, armories are the last things I would be deleting, even if temporarily.

This sounds almost circular. Too busy upgrading buildings to level 16 or higher to be able to upgrade a building to level 16 or higher. You do know that you have plenty of time before the next chapter is released.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think that people who are driven to complete the chapters asap must find the game more aggravating then me. I'm not the most patient person in the world, but I have no trouble delaying in Elvenar for convenience. I stopped after researching the Council Hall and Academy so I could focus on the winter event and AWs for a couple of months. I'll probably sit tight until Carnival is finished.

juniperknome

these random quests need to be done a quest is removed from the quest line ounce it is finished. 2-3 in a row was changed but that didn't prevent the day long quests showing every other quest. Now we have some that has no short option. I can see already a few might get those 3-4 times out of 5-6 quests so a few might get locked out after the random quests show up

Deleted User - 3932582

This sounds almost circular. Too busy upgrading buildings to level 16 or higher to be able to upgrade a building to level 16 or higher. You do know that you have plenty of time before the next chapter is released.
I am not busy upgrading - quite the opposite. I can't upgrade for long periods of time because I am waiting for orcs production. And sure, from the above viewpoint's perspective time component can be completely ignored. After all, even when the next chapter is released, nothing else changes. You can still do whatever, and the next chapter is still going to be there. Which is true. But not necessarily how everyone plays it; certainly not me.

In the meantime, it takes about a week's worth of orc production to do one level of upgrades to Barracks and Mercenary Camp. And every day that I haven't upgraded these military buildings is a day I do less than I could have in tournaments. And between that and the Spire these are the things for me to do in-between chapters.

KarlD

I was reading comments about FA a few pages back and I think everyone agrees that the prizes are lame especially relative to the effort involved. It's been my experience that FA has the paradoxical affect of being the single most destructive event that Elvenar has while it's supposed to be a team building exercise. On many occasions I've seen people quit a fs because they didn't want to do FA even though it was completely optional. Perhaps they didn't want to feel left out or feel guilty about not participating while there was so much chatter and activity among members supporting it. Then there were people who had multiple cities in the same world who were accused of being double agents spying for another fs. It seems to me that because the prizes are so lame people must find value in other ways such as the relative ranking compared to other fs's. I virtually never hear about how we rank relative to other fs in tourney or Spire, but folks are very aware of how we rank in FA. It's an odd thing seeing folks put their city on hold for a week largely for the glory of being higher ranked on the leaderboard and how this heightened competitiveness affects people.

Status
Not open for further replies.