• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removal of inactive cities

WolfSinger

Based on the thread where they listed the center cities - I'm about 32 rings from the center of US2 - I disabled the move function when it was first announced as I and a couple of decent trading partners contacted each other and we decided to stay put. Have seen a few cities vanish in my area to be replaced with coin mines - which are typically replaced within a few days. Looks like I made the correct decision to stay put

Black watch

I'm up to 30 coin cities around me now. I have gotten a bunch of small cities in, but they are too small and far away to help me at the moment. I've been supporting as many of those as I can. Several have come and gone but more have arrived. That said... I'm still seeing an increase in empties.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We were told a few hours ago the system had been shut down atm for bug fixes.
There are a few mayor bugs in the systeem they can't see to fix quickly enough so to avoid more harm it's down.

It must have been a short shutdown, or it was not shut down on all the servers, as I had three more gold mines tonight, for a total now of 33. And still no new cities in any of those spots.

Deleted User - 1178646

It must have been a short shutdown, or it was not shut down on all the servers, as I had three more gold mines tonight, for a total now of 33. And still no new cities in any of those spots.

That last part no new moved players might be the trick.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@CrazyWizard regarding that bug issue you mentioned, this may be total coincidence, but in the week since I started this thread, I am up to 34 gold mines and no new neighbors at all in those spots, but more specifically, the two nights I visited everyone in my discovered area, there was not a single new gold mine the next night. And every night I only visited my active neighbors, some more inactive players got removed. Is there any chance us visiting the inactive players is somehow interfering with the new removal code? I know it made no difference in the older version, but maybe now we are triggering the bug by visiting?

DeletedUser2768

They're definitely quicker about removal. I started a new account about two weeks ago, and the world I was randomly started on just got deleted today. I was expecting it to go around the 28th of this month.

sam767

Last year I was moved from an area on the north site with a fair number of gold pits and I could see the end of the world to the south side where I was on the end of the world. It looks like they moved a few more senior players down there with the goal of filling in with new players. There were 3 players south of me. And I think they are inactive. When Elvenstats starts behaving again, I'll take a look. I deem a city as inactive when I visit (on the app) and their builders hut is NEVER an option. And of course, no visits or trades.

A couple of months later, new players started appearing in our region. Most of them have gone inactive. In the app, I see a number of cities with just a never upgraded MH. No BH and no culture.

I am on the Southwest corner of the world. In that direction there is one city next to me then nothing. Due south I am scouted out to Ring 14/15 which is the end of the world in that direction. South east, there are a few cities way out there. I have a great trading FS and I perfectly happy being surrounded by gold mines. Dead cities are sad because it is 2 clicks to get the gold and you have to use the app.

I am not letting Inno move me again.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

I deem a city as inactive when I visit (on the app) and their builders hut is NEVER an option.
Inactive BH won't be unusual for the late game. Once you build your city for a chapter or for the end game, the build changes could be rather infrequent. Also, in the active FS they can quickly max it out when you set B as your priority. I know that my BH has been maxed out for the vast majority of time in the last few months.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have noticed an odd pattern this week with city removal. My gold mine total slowly climbed til it reached 34, and then for three straight days I had the same 34 gold mines and no new neighbors filling any of those spots. And now the past two days, each time a new player was put in one of those spots, another spot became a gold mine, to keep me a the same 34 mines. I know other players have said they have many more mines than 34, so it is not some limit, but I wonder if this weird pattern will continue or if it is just coincidence? Also, only brand new cities are appearing, no older cities being moved in, so I am far enough out in the 168th ring, that there are still plenty of empty spots closer in for active players to be moved to.

Socrates28

I was moved to the edge of the map (everything to my west and south were gold mines) on US5 early last year and complained about it and wondered why an active trader would be banished there. More than half of my map was goldmines at that time and stayed that way. Ring 200+ at the time from what I can tell.
When the notice came out that the "Move" system was changed I turned the option on again.
I noticed cities being vacated and they were active cities and hoped that I would move as well.
They did and I am now in ring 40 +/- and very happy that I am there. The move option is now off. ;)
I am noticing cities being removed and replaced almost every day. I seems to be working on this server.
Keep up the good work INNO.

DeletedUser13313

For the most part, the city moving has been great.. except for the fact that cities that have any connection to me haven't been moved. There are at least 7 cities on my map that have belonged to either my current fellowship or my first fellowship. They are all very inactive. Has this happened to anyone else? The blue circle joined my first fellowship after I left, so the connection to him is pretty weak.. Inno, you don't have to keep familiar faces around.
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 2.40.03 AM.png

Deleted User - 1178646

For the most part, the city moving has been great.. except for the fact that cities that have any connection to me haven't been moved. There are at least 7 cities on my map that have belonged to either my current fellowship or my first fellowship. They are all very inactive. Has this happened to anyone else? The blue circle joined my first fellowship after I left, so the connection to him is pretty weak.. Inno, you don't have to keep familiar faces around.
View attachment 7513

On beta there was explained that depending on what kind of player you are the "removal" of your city takes between 2 days and 60 days.
It looks like those days are counted from the moment the new system became active and that period hasnt been not even close to that long, it's only active now for a few weeks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I meant to update here sooner than this, but I kept forgetting. lol

Anyway, over a week ago, the removal of inactive cities stopped and all 30+ goldmines got filled in with brand new accounts, as far as I can tell, and no older cities were moved into my area at all. So there are no mines and a bunch of baby cities, most of which have probably already quit playing. Now I guess I wait for them to be deleted too and see what happens next. If I did not have a decent group of active neighbors, I would maybe consider seeing if the game would move me closer to the middle.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I had about 15 gold mines and then the next day, whoosh, they were all gone and replaced with tiny cities. Within days, I couldn't even get anything out of some of them. I hate when new players decide to upgrade their MH without any other building I can hit, and then just stop playing. It's annoying to go in and find nothing. The gold mines were much better than that. I miss them.

DeletedUser20539

Based on the thread where they listed the center cities - I'm about 32 rings from the center of US2 - I disabled the move function when it was first announced as I and a couple of decent trading partners contacted each other and we decided to stay put. Have seen a few cities vanish in my area to be replaced with coin mines - which are typically replaced within a few days. Looks like I made the correct decision to stay put
Wolf singer, I have to tell you I am a wolf lover and really love your :elf: Signature a lot! :human: