• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removal of inactive cities

Deleted User - 1178646

Movement as far as I know always takes place outside the tournaments, for obvious reasons.

Deletion / Put in storage can be done at any moment as the player ain't active in the tournaments. so there are no strange variables.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've got nine consistent visitors I didn't have before, and there's a significant flow of new tiny cities in my outer rings. I rarely end up with mines for more than a day or two, probably because I'm already in the centre 100 rings or so.

DeletedUser20539

Looks like the next wave of movement/deletion is under way. I have gone from zero gold mines to 21 mines in my discovered area in the last couple of days.
Same for me Enevhar. But, I'm hoping there be more active cities pop up who are in a FS. Last time they cleaned house I got about 4 or 5 new participating neighbors. (I have 289 total!)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Where is this setting at? I am not familiar with it. I have some pretty good neighbors, so I would like to make sure I am not moved.

If you only play on the mobile app, there is no way to disable getting moved. But if you play the browser version, click on the little cog wheel in the bottom right of the screen. This will bring up several different options for the game. Just make sure whatever you change of boxes you check of uncheck, you click Save after you are done. Also, some of those options you can change will require the game to be reloaded for them to take effect, like if you switch between Flash and HTML5.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you only play on the mobile app, there is no way to disable getting moved. But if you play the browser version, click on the little cog wheel in the bottom right of the screen. This will bring up several different options for the game. Just make sure whatever you change of boxes you check of uncheck, you click Save after you are done. Also, some of those options you can change will require the game to be reloaded for them to take effect, like if you switch between Flash and HTML5.
Thanks for letting me know about this. I have never had a city moved. I did not even realize it was something that could possibly happen.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have noticed an odd pattern this week with city removal. My gold mine total slowly climbed til it reached 34, and then for three straight days I had the same 34 gold mines and no new neighbors filling any of those spots. And now the past two days, each time a new player was put in one of those spots, another spot became a gold mine, to keep me a the same 34 mines. I know other players have said they have many more mines than 34, so it is not some limit, but I wonder if this weird pattern will continue or if it is just coincidence? Also, only brand new cities are appearing, no older cities being moved in, so I am far enough out in the 168th ring, that there are still plenty of empty spots closer in for active players to be moved to.
I was just wondering, how does a player find out how far from the center they are? If you or anyone else can tell me, I'd appreciate it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was just wondering, how does a player find out how far from the center they are? If you or anyone else can tell me, I'd appreciate it.
The simplest, if tedious, is look up the centre city on your world in the post sami quoted, then scroll toward your blue arrow and count.
I have noticed an odd pattern this week with city removal. My gold mine total slowly climbed til it reached 34, and then for three straight days I had the same 34 gold mines and no new neighbors filling any of those spots. And now the past two days, each time a new player was put in one of those spots, another spot became a gold mine, to keep me a the same 34 mines. I know other players have said they have many more mines than 34, so it is not some limit, but I wonder if this weird pattern will continue or if it is just coincidence? Also, only brand new cities are appearing, no older cities being moved in, so I am far enough out in the 168th ring, that there are still plenty of empty spots closer in for active players to be moved to.
That seems to work with an initial removal of a large number of cities at the start of the process, then loops from the centre out, sequentially moving cities from further out closer to the centre until the outside is reached, then repeat the process.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The simplest, if tedious, is look up the centre city on your world in the post sami quoted, then scroll toward your blue arrow and count.
That seems to work with an initial removal of a large number of cities at the start of the process, then loops from the centre out, sequentially moving cities from further out closer to the centre until the outside is reached, then repeat the process.
Thank you! Tedious, true, but if it works that's what counts. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
However it doesn't work on mobile version.
Correct. As with so many things, the only way to accomplish this on mobile would be random luck, or asking one of your FS members who uses browser to pinpoint you, which would be harder, since they don't get an arrow telling them which way to go (unless they are also physically very close to you on the map).

* technically, it might be possible by asking multiple FS members to pinpoint themselves in relation to yourself and centre then using some triangulation to locate your relative position, but I can't imagine it being worth the effort.

Deleted User - 4646370

* technically, it might be possible by asking multiple FS members to pinpoint themselves in relation to yourself and centre then using some triangulation to locate your relative position, but I can't imagine it being worth the effort.
Or you can try to redetermine the center by going to the edge :p (even though the edge isn't neat ; there's no abrupt end between players and no players at all)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Or you can try to redetermine the center by going to the edge :p (even though the edge isn't neat, there's no abrupt end between players and no players at all)
Maye I missed a reference. Does knowing how far you are from empty land actually tell you your ring position?

Deleted User - 4646370

Maye I missed a reference. Does knowing how far you are from empty land actually tell you your ring position?
Assuming the cities are in a big hexagon, you can determine the side of it by looking at an edge. Then when you reach a vertex you can go in the hexagon to reach the center after [side of the hexagon] steps.

Deleted User - 4646370

Of course. That's why I put a disclaimer
(even though the edge isn't neat ; there's no abrupt end between players and no players at all)
But it can give an appproximation. I wonder how center city was determined...