• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.10

DeletedUser1858

I've just started in the Fairy part. Now I can't get any relics/regions because I don't have any orcs. As far as I can tell, I can't get orcs until I complete the Fairy part. While I understand they want to make money, it's rather nasty to throw this on us like this. I like this game, I play every day. I don't hang out on the Forums because I do have a job in real life. I'm not sure how much longer I'll play since I can't get expansions, and therefore can't upgrade my Armory, etc. Not a very well thought out expansion, in my opinion.

DeletedUser2753

Katwijk, I don't understand your two responses:
I've been at the end of Chapter VII for a couple of weeks now, so there was not need for a larger city.
Fewer than 5% of the players have finished the Fairy Chapter VII. "The rest of us" apparently means the small pack of folks who enjoy rushing to the end of the game ..... and then waiting for new content.

Are you saying your one of the small pack who enjoy rushing to the end of the game? This does not correspond with all your pontificating, so please illuminate me.

DeletedUser1349

been doing a orc tutorial for my fellowships. the video we all got ingame message said 1-2 armories and lots of mushroom farms. for fairies i used 5/5 and that worked fine. dwarves 12/6 worked well. soooo, what say ye beta pros? how many of each armories, shroom farms and orc rally points should we plan on building? thankx!

oh and we have orc roads (not swamp trails, those are cheap) already showing in our build menu. seriously? 440 hardshrooms/59 powershrooms/4 debris each? that is outrageous!

DeletedUser828

How about not screwing us in the game who have cities that have not finished the Dwarven chapter by not letting us negotiate?? Seriously we can no longer negotiate how do you expect us to gain expansions? I've put enough money into this game I'm not negotiating for cash. Stop putting the screws to us !

DeletedUser2753

First I would like to say many of the Mods here are very good and professional, and I have found Support to be great, but if they ever had a Talk with the Designers & Developers section on the forum Innogames and the Elvenar team would get an ear full, and with this release I can imagine what that earful would be made of.

DeletedUser43

For that one person with zero empathy, I think you know who you are, what do you say to a player like Princess Sabella? It is rotten as can be to punish a player the way they just have.

A few months ago they couldn't wait to force people to clear more expansions. They put up blockades you couldn't even get through in the form of chests.

The same player who wrote this:

• The Treasure Chest's are a HUGE incentive for new players to get out into the world and discover nearby cities.
  • The Advanced Scouting Chests not only set the expectation for exploration, they ENFORCE the thresholds.
I've listed a half-dozen arrows that are ALL targeting the retention of new players who DO NOT YET have a support network.

What other techniques can you think of that would improve our retention rate?

Wrote this:

If you expect to win a Marathon, don't sprint for the first VII miles.

Any other suggestions for everyone? Stand still? Come here go away? Get more neighbors so we can expand the world map except don't?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2263

I just went to one of my open provinences that I just finished scouting and it says I NEED orcs to negotiate any battles...well, I haven't even unlocked fairys yet, and in fact I am only about half way (or less) through Dwarves on my timeline. This is just not cool. I cannot win most battles this far out, and I have 4 armories as high as I can get them this point on my timeline. I understand that it helps bring more of a challenge for players that are sitting at the Orc chapter door, however, for players still in Dwarves...this will cause people to stop playing if they are frozen like this for two whole chapters. :( Sorry if this has already been cried about.

DeletedUser61

Are you saying your one of the small pack who enjoy rushing to the end of the game?
I don't think pushing the envelope nor riding the bleeding edge are all that interesting. I very much prefer use the "Just Enough, Just In Time" Kanban model, so I'm all about what benefits are actually NEEDED, and what's the most cost effective way to meet those needs.

I think that having more than you need of ANYTHING, but especially piles of goods or hundreds of sectors, is a mortal sin. A cap on Negotiation has been a long time coming but I'm delighted that chapter VIII finally has a soft cap on negotiation in that Orcs are required to guard negotiated sectors once you have twice as many sectors as you need for the Chapter VIII Advanced Scouting chest.

You'll enjoy reading http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm
  • Achievers like to maximize their score and push the game to its limits. So they have to be pretty decent with spreadsheets and other optimization tools.
  • Explorers (me and probably you) like to understand HOW things work, but once an Explorer knows how something works, they're not all that interested in working it.
  • Socialites think that being an Achiever would be way too much work, they don't have a clue about the Explorers, and they soon get tired of the Control Freaks.
  • Killers (or Control Freaks in our case) like to dominate other players. They're all about helping and making sure that folks understand how to play the game "right".
As the author indicates, most of us are a blend of types, but the categories are a very useful tool for thinking about game balance.

The really important concept is that you NEED all four classes of players in order to have a healthy gaming environment, but the optimal balance depends on the structure of the each game.

DeletedUser43

I think that having more than you need of ANYTHING, but especially piles of goods or hundreds of sectors, is a mortal sin.

Wow. So now Elvenar players are mortal sinners?

Does your arrogance have no end?

I'm delighted that chapter VIII finally has a soft cap on negotiation

I must be an eternal optimist because I still can't imagine that anyone would see all these unhappy players and be delighted. I can't fathom such a thing.

DeletedUser627

A cap on Negotiation has been a long time coming but I'm delighted that chapter VIII finally has a soft cap on negotiation in that Orcs are required to guard negotiated sectors once you have twice as many sectors as you need for the Chapter VIII Advanced Scouting chest.

But what kind of cap? Can't players still pay for the negotiations with diamonds - even without orcs? If so, this isn't game balancing - it's just a cap limiting the progress of players who don't want to pay for province encounters.

DeletedUser61

Can't players still pay for the negotiations with diamonds
They've always been able to do so, as illustrated at https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle#Basics

I don't know if we'll be able to buy Orcs with Diamonds, I don't pay much attention to that portion of the game, but I'm pleased that folks with a modest budget will be able to put together a well balanced city that scores well.

Diamonds pay the bills, of course, but my guess is that the folks who only have a modest budget will play the game for a lot longer, and will generate more revenue, than the folks who rush through the game and then move on.

DeletedUser3040

I fight instead of negotiating (unless I've been drinking :), so the orcs wouldn't bother me much. But I haven't seen them yet anyway, in either Fey or Khel. I just got to fairies in both. Any idea why not?

DeletedUser61

Any idea why not?
If you've been fighting, for the most part, it's unlikely that you're more than 10 Rings away from your city (174 Relic sectors) and the Orcs aren't needed until you've reached Ring 11.