• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.10

DeletedUser

I just logged on and do not have the Orc/gobblin section on my research tree, what gives? Since this is the first time I have logged in today I am pretty sure I do not need a reset but I will try it just gust for the sake of doing so.

Update: Even though it was the first time I logged in today... the hard reset did work. It makes no sense but hey at least it is working for me now.

DeletedUser

Tomorrow or about 14 hours from now round 3 of the tournament will start and I expect that during your 3rd or maybe 4th round the upgrade will come. I have heard that if your scouting complete on ring 10 or greater you will need Orcs to complete a province and get stalled. ( please someone confirm this or not).

Update: I was behind a day and for some stupid reason I thought we had 24 hours... OOPS, Now orcs are required to negotiate

Having just fought my 8th tournament to 2 stars and counting my losses, I then went to a silk province scouted on ring 10 and fought the first 1 of 8 and for far less then 1/2 the losses in my last tournament. I received 1 relic and a KP for one fight versus 2 relics and 2 KPs for one fight.
So all beware that It might be better to cater/fight for a province then loose alot in the next round. You must do your own math and judge if you should finish as many provinces above ring 9 as possible. Each of us has a different situation, so I can not say what to do one way or the other, but do feel we all should be aware of what will happen in the next 24 hours and make strategic decisions.

I'm sorry it's already here, buddy (_ _")
I feel sorry for the folks that are still at dwarven age with provinces on ring 10th and up...
Now they're going nowhere.
Choices for them:
- Tournament
- Fight
- Diamonds

P/S: the chest reward on research tree are usually spells
I didn't check mine yet

DeletedUser

I have a lot of fellowship mates that are complaining about visits. Every time they visit someone the buildings are now all piled in a corner and you cannot click anything. Typically I use a reset in this situation coupled with the standard "clear cash and cookies' We have even tried uninstalling flash player and reinstalling. It is happening on several servers in several worlds.... can you guys look into this please?

DeletedUser115

Hi Irishna -

This is indeed a confirmed and reported bug. Can you please try going out of the city that you are experiencing visual issues with and then returning to see if it still causes the issue?

DeletedUser

My question is about the orcs when you get your armory to 20 it says it makes 380 orcs is that a hour/day/week or is then how many you can the make at 1 time in barracks or do you even use the barracks (we are busy making other troops)

DeletedUser

Can you please try going out of the city that you are experiencing visual issues with and then returning to see if it still causes the issue?

So far this is everything several of us have tried:
  1. Leaving the city we are visiting and going back to the world view then re-entreing the city. This option did not work.
  2. Leaving the city we are visiting and going to our city. Then revisiting the world and likewise the city we tried to visit. This works for only 1 city visit at a time.
  3. Refreshing our browsers. (Tried several browsers). This again works for only 1 city visit at a time.
  4. Clearing browser cash and cookies. Works for only 1 city visit at a time.
  5. Uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling. Problem still not resolved.
This is a wide spread issue crossing several servers and worlds. We have tried everyting and best we can do is obtain one city visit at a time using these methods. I hope this helps.

DeletedUser627

I'm sorry it's already here, buddy (_ _")
I feel sorry for the folks that are still at dwarven age with provinces on ring 10th and up...
Now they're going nowhere.
Choices for them:
- Tournament
- Fight
- Diamonds

P/S: the chest reward on research tree are usually spells
I didn't check mine yet

I now have to get through half of Dwarven and all of Fairy without any earned Expansions.

This is just about the most blatant pressure yet to spend diamonds.

DeletedUser627

Looking through the Wiki images of the new Orc garbitecture, we need a new game name. Perhaps Clutternar? Dungnar? Uglynar? DeadElvenar? Take a gander at the L19 magical manufactories images in the Wiki- remember that we're stuck with these for the foreseeable future and pass the Pepto Bismol.

DeletedUser2447

Dear Humans and Elves (and Dwarves and Fairies),

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that come with the update to version 1.10.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I do not play beta so I can't comment on the buildings yet. Looks like fun. Thanks, Love this game. Just not sure why they changed the production tab and squashed the time right underneath the quantity (see attached) and why they have brought orcs into the provinces when we can't produce them yet?

Attachments

• production tab.png
    production tab.png
    162.2 KB · Views: 79

DeletedUser43

why they have brought orcs into the provinces when we can't produce them yet?

One working theory is because they don't want you having access to those province expansions unless you buy them with diamonds.

Although, if you know how to fight you can still get them. So, it doesn't make much sense to me what they are doing. I think it is pretty awful to everyone who is playing now.

DeletedUser

My question is about the orcs when you get your armory to 20 it says it makes 380 orcs is that a hour/day/week or is then how many you can the make at 1 time in barracks or do you even use the barracks (we are busy making other troops)
As far as I read for the wiki and the research description, I think it means to produce 380 orcs a day, click to collect, just like the bulwark.

I now have to get through half of Dwarven and all of Fairy without any earned Expansions.

I know right.
At first glance it looks like it's there to encourage fighting aspect of the game. But, too bad, it's just another way to milk the cow.

Looking through the Wiki images of the new Orc garbitecture, we need a new game name. Perhaps Clutternar? Dungnar? Uglynar? DeadElvenar? Take a gander at the L19 magical manufactories images in the Wiki- remember that we're stuck with these for the foreseeable future and pass the Pepto Bismol.

I've just gone through them.
In general, only houses and armory change in size. Other upgrades remain the same.

Human MainHall is still pathetically insignificant with uglier colors.
Elven MH level 20 is just another version of level 12 in another color theme....
Armory from both races evolve from admirable to detestable.
So do residences.
Workshop is acceptable but worse than fairy.
Gem factory is a failure.
Elixir is ok but not anywhere near "to be outstanding" thanks to the ochre color of the mushroom.
So far, I only like the dust factory.

p/s: I forgot the portal
It's look cool although the mushroom farm....ew

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

The 9 Rings that don't require Orcs to guard negotiated sectors contain 2/3*6*9^2=324 Relic sectors. Only 160 Relic sectors are required to open the Advanced Scouting chest for chapter VIII, so you don't even need half of them.
  • I have 162 more sectors that I can acquire before I'd need any Orcs, but by then I'll probably have a more capable military anyway.
  • In my view the Orcs were added as a soft cap on Negotiation, similar to the soft cap that was already in place for Fighting.
  • I also have 10 expansions that I can place, as needed for the growth of my city.
  • I've been at the end of Chapter VII for a couple of weeks now, so there was not need for a larger city.
  • I have several Ancient Wonders, and have been leveled several of them during the past month.
  • I have 3 Armories that are already at level 19.
So I'm very comfortable with the way the game is now balanced. How you pace your acquisition of sectors, and how you use the related expansions, is just one of the many strategic choices that you'll be making during the development of your city.

DeletedUser43

How you pace your acquisition of sectors, and how you use the related expansions, is just one of the many strategic choices that you'll be making during the development of your city.

LOL. Choices?

No, I mean really, roflmao!

So IF you are Katwijk, who most likely works for Inno, then your game won't be affected. The rest of us are harmed.

DeletedUser61

If you expect to win a Marathon, don't sprint for the first VII miles.

Fewer than 5% of the players have finished the Fairy Chapter VII. "The rest of us" apparently means the small pack of folks who enjoy rushing to the end of the game ..... and then waiting for new content.

DeletedUser43

Actually no. If you are through the fairy chapter then it isn't that big of a deal to need orcs in those provinces. You'll get there in a week or so. Plus, we all watch the beta forums carefully and knew this was coming....which is why we tried to warn people. It is the people who aren't even TO the fairy chapter yet who are totally SOL. The folks who are way back in the dwarven section but who have kept up with scouting all this time. Or the people who just go to the fairy chapter and have a long way to go to get through it.

Those of us small pack of folks who DID rush through the game, got past this horror show before Inno introduced it.

DeletedUser3040

Hi Irishna -

This is indeed a confirmed and reported bug. Can you please try going out of the city that you are experiencing visual issues with and then returning to see if it still causes the issue?
I was experiencing that problem in nearly every city I visited after the update today, even upon exiting and reentering. But I found out that it fixes the issue if I zoom in.

DeletedUser1016

Wait until you see the cost of culture for all the upgrades! Approximately: Main Hall [MH] 500 culture for one level [lvl 20]; Barracks - 600 culture for one level; and for the Armories - 800 for one level! I've got three armories, so leveling them just one in order to make orcs is going to cost 2400 in culture... ! The real rub here is that Inno has NOT kept pace with what they offer as Orc/Goblin cultural buildings....

These are huge costs of culture, but all they offer as their top cultural building is the Campfire BBQ worth 2900 culture [5x4] - it's worth a bit more per square over my Ponds of Recreation [worth 3700 each - 5x6], but that means folks visiting will only polish 2900 instead of my 3700...This is a real dilemma because with each visiting race I've always upgraded to the highest cultural building to keep pace. It was easy to decide to upgrade because the benefit was obvious, but building a smaller building with less overall value is a tough sell? Well, I've got a lot of time to decide since the research for the BBQ is at the end of the chapter...bummer...

OH...I see here, if I want better cultural buildings I can just buy them with diamonds...."smart move Inno" way to make money! I guess this is their way of thinning the herd of none spenders [me].

Looking through the Wiki images of the new Orc garbitecture, we need a new game name. Perhaps Clutternar? Dungnar? Uglynar? DeadElvenar?

I like "Bait & Switch" Dungnar...;)