• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Meggi

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming tournament changes.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
[/QUOTE]
Dear Elvenar Team,
since you are not giving us any feedback back, I am making a proposition for all the players if interested..we know how to organize our selves, we can do another protest of not participating in diamond buying for a while..we done it before, would you like us to do so?

Meggi

ElegantZara,

Eve Online...the answer is Eve Online. I don't plan to quit though, but since I don't have to spend 30 - 40 minutes doing around 60 provinces of 4 battles each for 6 rounds, I got time to spare. I'm just going to do my 20 provinces to get the 5k points needed for Emerald Elites to get all the chests. I'm not going to let INNO suck me dry trying to push anymore.

Plus, I gave manual fighting a shot, and that only made me angrier. I think it was when I sent in 5 Wardens to kill 5 mages only to be blocked by obstacles in the map layout from getting in close enough within range, but the enemy mages with a range of 5 were able to strike me the following turn (Oh and nice move with the offer to buy troops there INNO...Touché). Even if I positioned my troops for minimal damage, every hit is a big loss of units for provinces 35-40. Okay, I accepted INNO was making it harder, but with maxed out expansions and over 600+ AW levels, the losses are very costly, so having terrain that ensures I'd have to take these losses regardless of planning and skill is really devious. Unhappily, I simply accepted tournaments were going to suck for all of us.

However, after the tournament is done, I see jmroach30 with a score of 17,280 followed by Alistaire at 16470. This shows me INNO failed in trying to limit how many provinces everyone was supposed to achieve. Instead, they simply nerfed advanced player cities and shifted the ability to get 600+ KPs to players that are clearly less developed in expansions and AW's. Using jmroach30 as an example, this player's city clearly has a very small number of AW's levels but with a 28th level needles and 16th level sanctuary, they are rockin' the new tournament system. Look these scores were typically obtained by Maggi, clusseau, and members of my FS (Maggi and clusseau didn't even make it into the top 3 nor did they even break 15K). After only the second week, with a steel tournament that was much harder than the marble tourney emphasizing HM enemies, it is clear that the new norm is not preventing players from getting 600+ KPs a week. Rather, it is simply shifting that kind of ability to a different set of players with less developed cities (I want to make clear, I'm not trying to bash these players getting these scores, but this is a good example of why these changes are so messed up that frankly accepting it is pretty much impossible for me).

I don't like the idea of different standards for different players, and certainly, growing should not be punitive. I don't know why INNO would have FA's anymore since punishing players for having more expansions or even considering filling the extra space with a bunch of level 1 workstations or manufactories, would effectively be a nonstarter. Furthermore, spending money on provinces that were and are increasingly more expensive is just crazy. Heck, why even pay for events to win prizes that can't match up with the extra manufactories and armories needed to negotiate during these new tournaments on said extra expansions that increase tournament losses? There were already debates about whether some AW's were even worth developing because of the space they used up, but in the infinite wisdom of the developers at INNO, they felt it was a good idea to allow every level of a questionable AW to add the player's tournament squad size and negotiation expense. I just can't fathom the logic here.

As stated before, if it was to somehow limit players from getting 600+ KPs during tournaments, y'all failed. Nope, this is clearly a straight-up nerf that ruined fun for those who donated the most time and money toward Elvenar. BTW, who cares if players were getting 600+ KPs a week. It was fun...isn't that what games are about? Fun? Now before someone calls me out about how this was not INNO's intent for players to have fun with gaining so many KPs, I remember when Street Fighter II came out. An unintended consequence of that game's mechanics Capcom did not expect was the combo feature. However, instead of fixing that, they saw the fun it added and they nurtured that aspect of the game, Additionally, they made a heck of a lot of money developing Steet Fighter II into a global sensation with tournaments gathering players from all over the world. It seems INNO decided to ruin the fun by going in another direction, except they didn't ruin the fun for all, they just shifted it to a new set of players by rubbing salt in the eyes of those who bought diamonds for years and gave up their time to support Elvenar. Not kool INNO, not kool by a mile (1.6 KM for the rest of the world).

So...I conclude with this, you should have listened to the community and used required SS's for your base measurement. If you, INNO, really wanted to rank tournaments, required SS's would have put everyone on even footing per chapter and allowed players to aspire toward getting better scores as they developed. You, INNO, could have put those required SS's at the beginning of chapters and worked on the single battle system per province. Furthermore, you could have kept your new percentage increases for each additional province. However, you should have allowed AW's and expansions to be an advantage for advancement in tournaments instead of some biased system that ruins the fun for more developed cities. Your system sucks because its ranking system is skewed toward punishing development, which kills fun!

Okay, I should stop now. My opinion could be wrong, but this is my personal truth. I hope these observations are an objective truth shared by more since this way I will know I'm not crazy. Am I wrong? Maybe...I don't think so though.
Eli, going to go and check Eve online my self, maybe its time to go places where the loyal players actually get rewarded for it...

DeletedUser19418

Everyone thank you, I'm glad it's not just me seeing this. Here is the screenshot so it's not gone when the new tournament starts. It's always good to have a reference to look upon.

Attachments

• tourney stats.png
    tourney stats.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 122

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm not at the end game; I'm only about 2/3 through S and D. But I had my best week ever last week, by far, and managed to crank out 6000. I celebrated my 1st anniversary this week on Elvenar, so I was a happy camper that I topped it off with that score. My previous best was around 4300. So yes, I'm a fan. I have to admit that I decimated my troops and will have to build up this time. But even though I catered a few of the harder provinces, I didn't hurt myself on supplies too much. So overall, I'm happy. But I think that I may just take a break from research after S and D, and concentrate on building up my goods and playing tourney/spire. The spire is a killer now, with all the orcs/mana needed. I just want a break from research. Then again, if I dump all that KP into my wonders, I can't help but wonder how that will affect my tourney score. I'm going to keep track from now on to see.

GlamDoll

The spire is a killer now, with all the orcs/mana needed

I gained a few AW levels & placed a few province & premium expansions. Guess what? Mana & orcs shot to the moon! Along with the amounts of all the other resources. Needless to say, I am in the process of tryin to figure out how to have as many factories, etc now.

:/

GlamDoll

Except putting in more factories will push the cost even higher ;)
@.@ I was unaware of that. Thank you. I don't know what to do now. lol

This game.

Edit: Sweet, at least I can keep building my city. `.~ TY Mykan.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Everyone thank you, I'm glad it's not just me seeing this. Here is the screenshot so it's not gone when the new tournament starts. It's always good to have a reference to look upon.
I apologize but what exactly am I supposed to be seeing in the image.

Why would I care or be upset that a chapter 16 player got 17k in the tournament?

Last edited:

Clusseau

Im accustomed to a First Page finish in Tournaments.
And, in the tournament standings posted by Eliphas Solomon, 6 of the 9 here are total strangers.

1603146885702.png

Inno thinks this is Good? - This is what they Seek?
Now- after achieving a certain level with your city, The tournament can be no longer a tool to improve it?
And So, the Tournament is no longer a motive to improve your city?
Tournament will no longer be a measure of success?

May i Recommend Farmville?
In that game, achievement isn't Punished- which puts it at least a rung ahead of Elvenar.

Additionally, the one feature i was eager for- single battle provinces:
Now the chance to do some hand battles, and NOT Spend all afternoon?
Negative on that!! Even a stray shot from a dying enemy can cost 5-10 squads, or even a lot more!

So now- battles have already become an endless drudge of Scouting, Setting, rethinking, resetting.... all to avoid even the most minor enemy strike. When INNO convinces me that they are not Working on this, (or when i get tired of waiting), i will drop this game like a can of stale beer.

Clusseau

I apologize but what exactly am I supposed to be seeing in the image.

Why would I care or be upset that a chapter 16 player got 17k in the tournament?

Nobody cares (much) that such a player now can get 17K in the tournament. The REAL RUB for players such as myself-
If We had Done No City Improvements at all for the the last 1-2yrs, we'd have 20K this week.

And, if the new champion, now scoring 17K, works hard at city improvements,
his score will be down to 13K in No Time!

Iyapo1

@clusseau

You got 17k during the marble tournament.

The marble tournament bankrupted you? And you are finding your new high?

You think the "unknowns" did not bankrupt themselves on this tournament? Are they repeating wins from marble week?

Edit: phrased badly, it was rude sounding so I corrected it.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

@ElegantZara

The drop was a lot more than that. The question is, is the drop balanced.

Number 1 should still be number 1 when the dust settles. The dust has not settled yet. Not everyone has gone all out yet. Are the new "champs" repeat performers?

DeletedUser19418

@clusseau

You got 17k during the marble tournament.

The marble tournament bankrupted you? And you are finding your new high?

You think the "unknowns" did not bankrupt themselves on this tournament? Are they repeating wins from marble week?

Edit: phrased badly, it was rude sounding so I corrected it.

To be fair, clusseau was scoring 19 and 20k frequently enough, so a drop to 17k on what was a very easy tournament as marble now emphasizes Heavy Melee units can be understood if you avoided being struck first. HM combined with Mages or archers is a lot less of a detriment than Steel week that emphasized Mages that had Heavy Ranged and Light Ranged units hitting especially hard. Furthermore, even if there were Mages only, I already stated how you could not even get a first strike with the Wardens because of the obstacles preventing them from hitting range 5 mages. When range-5 mages can hit you first, you're gonna hurt if your tournament SS is much higher than someone with a less developed city. Between the bias system put together by INNO, and the map layout for battles, only those who could avoid the most extreme squad sizes would stand a chance because no amount of skill can avoid what came at us. Plus, if you negotiate, the costs will be cheaper for battles that will cost you to many troops.

I expect this Steel Tournament to be brutal since the Mist Walkers will get the first strike against heavy ranged. Let's not forget Mages will most likely be in the mix, so that will pretty much be a blood bath.

Deleted User - 1178646

Nobody cares (much) that such a player now can get 17K in the tournament. The REAL RUB for players such as myself-
If We had Done No City Improvements at all for the the last 1-2yrs, we'd have 20K this week.

And, if the new champion, now scoring 17K, works hard at city improvements,
his score will be down to 13K in No Time!

I think they are just using there reserve timeboosters and stuff, some people have up to seven years of boosters so plenty of stuff to play with for a while.

I myself have 2 years worth of boosters and my goal is to keep it that way.
It will take a while to dail in the possibilities.
I have switched to manual and seem to be able to pull of 15K easy in at least the first two tournaments (I did way to little the first tournament)
It will be a steep learning curve to find out what scores are sustainably possible in the new setup.

It will also be a pain to adjust to long tournaments again as I need 4-5 times as much time now, and if I can push further this will also make spended time worse.
I also have a lot more clicks now, as manual needs more clicks, the only advantage is that those clicks arent condensed in a very small time period.

This confuses/surprises me. I did not know factories affected cost of catering, convincing, or anything else with regard to the tourney and spire. Except, of course, the amount of goods you have.
Can you or anyone direct me to where I missed that nugget of knowledge?
Maybe a mocking joke?
Or the point you could have saved that space by not placing the needed expansions and het a better advantage that way.

GlamDoll

Maybe a mocking joke?
Or the point you could have saved that space by not placing the needed expansions and het a better advantage that way.
It certainly wouldn't be first time being teased or mocked :) I laugh at myself often, in hopes I keep some sanity.
Although, option b seems more believable on this to me. I know there are many threads I have yet to read, but it was my first time ever hearing it & since it was from Mykan, I trusted the info to be factual. I too, would like to know where this gem is at. TY.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
This confuses/surprises me. I did not know factories affected cost of catering, convincing, or anything else with regard to the tourney and spire. Except, of course, the amount of goods you have.
Can you or anyone direct me to where I missed that nugget of knowledge?

I might be mistaken, am sure I read they were including factory numbers and such in the calculation