• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Deleted User - 3932582

I thought the accepted formula was based only on mandatory research. In that case, wouldn't all end tech towns have the same research parameters?
All end-game cities have the same research factor, except it is slightly different whether you're playing human or elves.

Pheryll

Set Designer
By the amount it is off, I suspect that end tech means end of technology for differing chapters. The only option otherwise is to state that one of the parameters in the comparison is wrong.

edeba

Town on the left has max expansions, both have max world map expansions so difference is the premium expansions.
Both towns produce troops 24/7 so quantity of troop production and quality of troops varies mildl based on wonders prioritised, both are similar.
View attachment 8576
So who was planning on spending :diamond: for those extra expansions?
Unbelieveable... So, 18 extra expansions on 136 expansions is 13.2%, but the troop size is 112% bigger... How does anyone make up for that?

668/2648 x 100%=25.2%
158/1248 x 100%= 12.7%
Ok, so here's a problem, one is province 1 level 1 and the other is either province 2 level 1 or province 1 level 2.

So, the level 1 province 1 of the first would be a squad size of 1312. So, the different is 64, and 64/1248 x 100% is 5.1%.

I was looking at extra AW levels and it looked to me that it increased squad size by 1.65, so 10 aw level would be say an extra 17 on the squad size, so 1248-17=1231. 64+17= 81 81/1231 x 100% = 6.6%

Here's the problem, you likely can't do much about making extra troops, and the cost of catering is massive. My next available province requires 320K t1, 240k t2 and 160k t3. t1 makes between 6000 and 7260, so that's between 44 and 53 collections of t1 for a single cater, not to mention there's still the t2 and t3.

The extra land is increasing troop costs and cater costs are so expensive it hardly makes a dent into the gross costs.

This new tournament is so broken, there's no where to go, and most certainly, expansions are extremely expensive and they do very little to help with the game, if at all. When most of us made our purchases, we got the advantage of that extra land without penalty. It was simply beneficial, and now it isn't.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Unbelieveable... So, 18 extra expansions on 136 expansions is 13.2%, but the troop size is 112% bigger... How does anyone make up for that?

I have removed the original post while I re-check with owner that the picture is in fact round 1 province 1. Minimax believes based on his model it is a province 2 screenshot

edeba

I have removed the original post while I re-check with owner that the picture is in fact round 1 province 1. Minimax believes based on his model it is a province 2 screenshot
You can see in my reply I did the calculations. For everyone the first province is about 12.5% difficulty and the then go up one or over 1 and it is about 25% difficulty, and this is also true for everyone. I have posted the difficulty charts and my proposal for something more reasonable.

Deleted User - 3932582

This is not based on my model. Enemy/own SS province progression is fixed and is the same for everyone, regardless of how advanced their city is. The screenshot on the left corresponds to 1*/#2 or 2*/#1, but not 1*/#1. The screenshot on the right correspond to 1*/#1 as claimed.

satchmo33

I hate, hate, hate this new insane tourney format! I've NEVER catered in the tourney, but now - no matter how many thousands of troops you have (and I plan ahead for weeks for ones that I want) they're all used up in the first 3 or 4 provinces.

This needs to be changed. Big time. This is a HUGE step back in the game.......They're going to lose players (and $$) over this!!!!! (wish there was an emoji that shows steam coming out of ears). I usually am at the top of the tourney points in my FS. No more. I refuse to participate. Just like I refuse to participate in our "government"

Y'all who are spending your time with your calculations,etc. are wasting your time. You're trying to make sense out of a crazy insane thing!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is not based on my model. Enemy/own SS province progression is fixed and is the same for everyone, regardless of how advanced their city is. The screenshot on the left corresponds to 1*/#2 or 2*/#1, but not 1*/#1. The screenshot on the right correspond to 1*/#1 as claimed.

Yep, that is true. As long as someone knows the percentage differences per province between your troops and the enemy, then it is easy to calculate.

Those numbers have been so buried in a couple of threads that maybe we need them posted again for everyone to see.

satchmo33

Continuation of my rant: then, WHY should I even bother to have barracks, armories, merc camps, etc. and why should I bother with spending my supply stash on making troops if they're worthless??????

edeba

Yep, that is true. As long as someone knows the percentage differences per province between your troops and the enemy, then it is easy to calculate.

Those numbers have been so buried in a couple of threads that maybe we need them posted again for everyone to see.
This is the chart that I made from the tournament,
1603933903787.png

This my proposal for a more reasonable steepness on the difficulty.
1603933989534.png

I posted it somewhere else up to province 50. Province 50 level 6 at 200% difficulty and then I worked backwards.

GlamDoll

The Numbers are Real, The game is Dead.

It certainly seems to be the case. Thankfully, I was turned on to EveOnline & I am logging my city 1-2 times a day now....

AND, every time I login to do that, I have the ever burning question of why?

@InnoGames TY for killing your cash cow! I have already started spending my entertainment funds elsewhere. BTW, did you even notice that? Or that I did not spend $ on this Event? Hence, why you can't find me in that thread!!!

I am almost certain that this is my last post on this Forum. I will still read & lurk, when in the mood...but I am almost completely disengaged with the game now & without that, as much as I love this Forum, it seems moot to me.

@ElegantZara it is hard to move on when you spend as much as I did on this game but I am thinking...thinking..

I do admire some people’s ability to adapt. I hear people saying it is unfair but I am adaption to the changes, that is a good quality to have. I guess I am not as evolve as others on this board.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

@ElegantZara it is hard to move on when you spend as much as I did on this game but I am thinking...thinking..

I do admire some people’s ability to adapt. I hear people saying it is unfair but I am adaption to the changes, that is a good quality to have. I guess I am not as evolve as others on this board.
You could consider starting over. You might find enjoyment again in things you already forgotten about. (Just don't make the mistake to buy diamonds this time ;) )

edeba

I don't know if it is hard to move on because of the money spent or because still hoping they fix it... But the whole thing makes me feel weary and no "oh goodie, tournament has started..."