• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

Aritra

Regarding discussion of Winter Magic 2020:
Day five and I am happy with this event so far. Really looking forward to some of the daily prizes. I'm feeling very optimistic about new culture acquisitions and successfully evolving my Watchful Winter Owl. :cool:

Iyapo1

This little culture building just keeps showing up in my postal boxes. He is better than a lava codex, thank you Inno!
20201207_145103.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Just to clarify, you do not get double the keys; you get +1 key per collection like this:
Thank you for clarifying my post. And sorry my thank you was delayed ... that big Northeaster knocked out all the power in our area, but everything's well now. :)

Darielle

@Darielle And? Prior to the edit the statement was incorrect. Don't want new players to be confused or misled about when the outpost starts working and what it does.

I'm just glad I saved my Advent Candle outpost! Definitely my favorite. Of course it doesn't do anything anymore but it sure was better than the same old building!
I'm not sure I understand. Did I edit something or did someone else? I'm a little out of it since I had a power outage during the Northeaster, and can't remember where we were in the conversation.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Are we going here? Sure why not

Luther the Hairy posted:

"Stash Outpost offer has not appeared:
I remember this being offered to me my first event (Sorceror's pilgrimage) but I did not get it because I did not understand its function. Since then I have wanted to try it out, but somehow never see the notice in the past few events. So I am paying close attention, looking for a special sale icon to appear in my game, looking for an email announcing it, etc.
Today someone in my fellowship says it has become available for the next 24 hours. I have no sale icon on my screen (yes, I have tried reloading the game)and I have no email in my box, no notification in the game, etc.
As I attempt to troubleshoot why I don't get this offer, can you all share with me how the offer is made available to you? Thanks"

I happened to know a little something about the conditions under which the offer for the special event will occur, so I posted, without replying but just speaking directly to Luther:

"Hi @ LutherTheHairy
The Stash Outpost is triggered on a certain day after a certain number of keys have been collected."

Unfortunately there had been a couple of posts in the interim, including Jack with one of his tables. I figure plenty of folks follow him, so may have jumped in at this point in the overall flow. Regardless,

DeborahM jumped in with:

"@ LutherTheHairy The above is incorrect. The Stash Outpost is +1 for each of the keys you collect around the edge of your city. If you click on a key with the outpost set out you will get either 1+1, 2+1 or 3+1 keys."

Since my post had been misunderstood I also added to it, making my post read:

"Hi @ LutherTheHairy
The Stash Outpost is triggered on a certain day after a certain number of keys have been collected.
Edit: I was referring to the offer for the sale of the Outpost."

Now I could have, should have, added one word, in my original post, The offer for the Stash Outpost is triggered on a certain day after a certain number of keys has been collected.

The issue of what the 'stash outpost', or 'magic mirror' or whatever it is currently called, actually does, has already been debated, at various points over recent events. Again, this information could be in a sticky, and is always included in Gems', or Jack's, or Zombie Knights', or any comprehensive event overview. So perhaps Elvenar needs a point of reference as well, or players need a reminder to use the search feature in the Forum. But regardless, I gave a partial answer to another player, and someone wants to make a big deal of it, who also misunderstood.

Sorry to everyone who just wants to read the Winter Magic feedback. I personally am enjoying this event.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't understand what most of your post is talking about.
You seem to be defending yourself about something?
I dunno.
Might help if you learn to quote.
but

can you all share with me how the offer is made available to you?

It comes as an announcement. If for some reason the announcement doesn't pop up it should still be available and the sale notice should be in the upper right of your screen while it is active.
If that doesn't happen, I have no idea what is wrong. Seems like something you should talk to support about.

Darielle

So perhaps Elvenar needs a point of reference as well, or players need a reminder to use the search feature in the Forum.

I got a little behind on the thread because of the power outage, but this is a good idea. I wish Elvenar would clarify when and how the stash building appears in each event. I find it kind of silly that it only appears after people have already started collecting keys, losing some time when it could have been in use.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have always had it just popup. I have not kept track of it but I think it usually comes on day 2 of the event. I've been here for every event so I know the only way I have missed it is if I am trying to do something so I just click through closing popups thinking I would get back to it if I was interested but I forgot. The subject of various sales has been discussed many times. Inno will not rope themselves in by defining sales. That is actually a good practice since the moment they do something different than a previously stated explanation players would be all up in arms about it.

Feedback. I am pretty bored at this point. I think waiting a week between new prizes is too long. I'm thinking that I can't be the only one who already has whichever prior event prizes they want. I like the non-seasonal prizes but to have 2 new prizes and then just non-seasonal and repeats only motivates me to hang on to whatever event currency I have because I cannot determine what I'm going to need for new building when they finally get around to offering something.

Last edited: