• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

Iyapo1

This feedback is coming from a newish player who started all gung-ho and scouted way too fast; sometimes going into next chapter with twice the provinces needed. That being said, I'm still playing catch-up and unable to clear provinces except thru negotiations. So now I'm stuck at quest calling for fight encounters and really can't get past that so this being only my 2nd FA it definitely has hurt my ability to participate. If the quest included tournament fights I could progress and probably enjoy the event but - thru no one's fault but my own - I am not a happy camper and totally disinterested. Without having more historical FA participation under my belt this is probably the only meaningful feedback I can offer.
You posted this over on the Tournament Changes data and feed back thread. I think you wanted it here in the Winter Magic Event Discussion thread.

Fight and win OR use a pet food. You can craft a pet food in the MA and then disenchant it.(thx @Aritra For this tip)

Just a bit of lingo: FA = Fellowship Adventure.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Stash Outpost offer has not appeared

I remember this being offered to me my first event (Sorceror's pilgrimage) but I did not get it because I did not understand its function. Since then I have wanted to try it out, but somehow never see the notice in the past few events. So I am paying close attention, looking for a special sale icon to appear in my game, looking for an email announcing it, etc.

Today someone in my fellowship says it has become available for the next 24 hours. I have no sale icon on my screen (yes, I have tried reloading the game)and I have no email in my box, no notification in the game, etc.

As I attempt to troubleshoot why I don't get this offer, can you all share with me how the offer is made available to you? Thanks
For a building to cost eight bucks that expires towards the end of the event, that's just not worth it to me. But to answer your question, look in your announcements. The stash building is only available for a short time from the time it appears in your announcements (that trumpet icon under your score in the game.) You just have to check the announcements every so often. It appeared for me yesterday afternoon. It's never right at the beginning of the event (which would make more sense). It's always a day or two into it.

PS One of the forum posters mentioned that while every key is doubled with the stash building, she also noticed that she gets less doubles or triples when she has it. Idk if it's true, but that's been one experience.

Darielle

You posted this over on the Tournament Changes data and feed back thread. I think you wanted it here in the Winter Magic Event Discussion thread.

Fight and win OR use a pet food. You can craft a pet food in the MA and then disenchant it.(thx @Aritra For this tip)

Just a bit of lingo: FA = Fellowship Adventure.
They must have changed it ... I remember when I was a newbie and tried to disenchant pet food. It didn't count as "using" it, but I'm glad it does now.

Darielle

@LutherTheHairy The above is incorrect. The Stash Outpost is +1 for each of the keys you collect around the edge of your city. If you click on a key with the outpost set out you will get either 1+1, 2+1 or 3+1 keys.
I think she meant that it's offered for sale after a certain number of keys have been collected. I may not have inferred correctly, but that's what I thought.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Darielle And? Prior to the edit the statement was incorrect. Don't want new players to be confused or misled about when the outpost starts working and what it does.

I'm just glad I saved my Advent Candle outpost! Definitely my favorite. Of course it doesn't do anything anymore but it sure was better than the same old building!

LutherTheHairy

Of course, the real reason non one's mail is getting delivered during the blizzard is because instead of working, Janni's boss is drunkenly lurching around the city outskirts with an open sack of postal keys, losing them in the snow.

20200411_f0518_331bf-225x300.jpeg

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Does anyone know if the Frozen Owl Cave (daily prize on Day 1) is coming back later in the Event?

It has not shown back up yet but we still have around 14 days unreported. So fingers crossed for you.

Yes, it showed up again yesterday on Beta, on Day 23. And there are still 9 more days and prizes to go on Beta. Elvengems is behind again, like usual. Platinum Leaf, on their Facebook group, has an up-to-date list.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion
Thank you so much! That's funny, I didn't think they were running concurrently ~ always thought beta was finished before it started in live worlds.
I appreciate the info.
: )

No, the big events are never over on Beta when Live starts, though Beta is usually close to the end when Live starts. But since this event is 33 days, instead of 21-23 days, there is more overlap this time.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yes, it showed up again yesterday on Beta, on Day 23. And there are still 9 more days and prizes to go on Beta. Elvengems is behind again, like usual. Platinum Leaf, on their Facebook group, has an up-to-date list.

But elvengems is ahead when it comes to the daily quests. So if Beta users want a sneak peak at the last few they can look there. Further evidence that elvengems datamines.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
But elvengems is ahead when it comes to the daily quests. So if Beta users want a sneak peak at the last few they can look there. Further evidence that elvengems datamines.

The whole quest list was already floating around on a couple of the foreign-language forums almost as soon as the event started on Beta, so yeah, someone is datamining the list and sharing it. And then it is up to the players who help run elvengems to get it and translate it and upload it.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The whole quest list was already floating around on a couple of the foreign-language forums almost as soon as the event started on Beta, so yeah, someone is datamining the list and sharing it. And then it is up to the players who help run elvengems to get it and translate it and upload it.
In at least one case (not this one) when they used a datamined list, they accidentally left what appeared to be internal expressions rather than translations of foreign words. So I would not be surprised if someone in Elvengems is actually datamining rather than accessing datamined lists from elsewhere.

GlamDoll

The up to date rewards and the entire quest list has been available on TomatoeHu's sheet for even longer ;)
www.tinyurl.com/wintermagic2020
Thank you & I guess I am in for another learning-curve? It brings up info, but I do not see the quests list @.@
Am I up passed my bedtime again? (Gonna try to relaunch the link).

Edit: It brings up a doc, but I don't see the actual list? I see a lot of other info though.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thank you & I guess I am in for another learning-curve? It brings up info, but I do not see the quests list @.@
Am I up passed my bedtime again? (Gonna try to relaunch the link).

Edit: It brings up a doc, but I don't see the actual list? I see a lot of other info though.
There are tabs at the bottom, one is "quest list"
If you want to edit the sheet click "File" then "Make a Copy"