• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

linronhan

As I recall, the shuffle board was not received well here at all in its previous form. Perhaps much of the positive feedback now is to due to the changes that were made to is since the last time it was rolled out.
I still do not like this shuffle board approach, better than halloween but the standard 3 chest is prefered method

linronhan

How do you figure that? With this shuffle board you will 100% get the daily prize, with the chests you could use all of your currency and NOT win.
but I don't want the daily prize I want something else (time reduction, fighters, KP), instead I get relics or other items I don't want & I may need to use all 20/25 slots to just get one or two things, I rarely like the daily prize

SableAustin

When the Spire ended, it left behind a quest that I had not finished - Solve 8 Spire Encounters or Fight and Win in 8 Encounters. I have 3 worlds and stuck on this now in all 3. Cannot fight in World Map, I tried, and no credit. HELP - still 24 days+ to go. If I am in the wrong area- please let me know where to move this question to.

Attachments

• Now what SPIRE Ended.PNG
    Now what SPIRE Ended.PNG
    307 KB · Views: 67

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
When the Spire ended, it left behind a quest that I had not finished - Solve 8 Spire Encounters or Fight and Win in 8 Encounters. I have 3 worlds and stuck on this now in all 3. Cannot fight in World Map, I tried, and no credit. HELP - still 24 days+ to go. If I am in the wrong area- please let me know where to move this question to.
Hi there
This should start counting when you exceed the encounters already in the tracker; in your case, four.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
but I don't want the daily prize I want something else (time reduction, fighters, KP), instead I get relics or other items I don't want & I may need to use all 20/25 slots to just get one or two things, I rarely like the daily prize
Kp and fighters are offered as daily prizes though, and other event formats don't guarantee you any more of those.

BrinDarby

Post office format 1000% better than the ""fog"" on the last event.
GP strategy and/or Daily strategy can be used.... thank god...

Total # of keys, seems down again, and yet another Evolve Event
seems like a job, not a "fun event", and making the FA a necessary
job too....

Inno shouldn't benchmark the event against the maniac players that
know everything, scrutinize everything, can do everything, have more
online time than god himself..... Ultimately saying basically... pay up
or just have no life and make Elvenar ur JOB for a few weeks....

Part of this problem exsists due to soo maniac players seem to be the
only players that stick around no matter what Inno does to thwart thier
playing..... The other big part is how Inno goes about a strategy for revenue.
The more Inno penalizes players for spending $$, the less players spend $$.
The less $$ spent into the game, the more Inno has to steer Events to a
pay to do well strategy...

Every Event I copy the task list ( feels like cheating ) and I always hit those
daily tasks where Im locked out after 1 event each day, and I have done
all tasks in every event.

Post office is better than fog, but without the possibility of xtra event
currency, the 3 chest format seems better for going further ( with some
luck and strategy )

Since my impression of both Evolve events and FAs is that its a money-pit
for players and a way to drain players of all those things that they work to
build up, again benchmark'd against the maniac players, not casual players.
A comment in another thread applies here..... ""not make it harder to win,
make it more expensive to win""... What I mean by that is the following :

It should be a real feat to finish all tasks... that Ferris Wheel Galore or other
prize for completing, should be a badge of honor... and Event specific....
There are easy ways to do this, but Inno I guess thinks otherwise... It has
been suggested ( & tried I was told ) randomizing tasks didn't work.. My
guess is that that Rnd calc allowed any from a plethera of tasks, thus
potentially duplicating tasks endlessly... so it was not used. For this event
there are 95 tasks, 32 of which are so called daily tasks but aren't because
of when a player gets there... Take those 95 unique tasks, and let the Rnd calc
pick from those, untill all 95 are used up... thus eliminating anyone knowing
ahead what order they will come in..... Sure because of Beta we will know
what the 95 are, just not thier order... This also eliminated the possibility of
endless consecutive tasks or a unworkable # of hard tasks. You also have
(2) sets of tasks.... the (63) reg + (32) daily, and none of the dailies could be
picked untill ALL of the reg tasks are completed... with the same format now
on how/when you get to those locked out tasks....

Once players are established, they target 1-2 prizes and thats it.... Early CH
players are the ones that thank god for all the different bldgs. Again, as with
all F2P games, you need to "hook" your players into the game before you
start bleeding them dry $$$ wise.... This means you need to benchmark
progress/playability to the "casual" players, not necessarilly the "new"
players but sure slant it somewhat to them too...

If Inno continues to benchmark against maniac players, and require $$$
pretty much, you can bet that it will exasterbate players not staying or
leaving all together... Or just players skipping events cause they just
get burned out ..... cause it should be FUN, not a J.O.B.

Aritra

Post office format 1000% better than the ""fog"" on the last event.
GP strategy and/or Daily strategy can be used.... thank god...

Total # of keys, seems down again, and yet another Evolve Event
seems like a job, not a "fun event", and making the FA a necessary
job too....

[…]

Post office is better than fog, but without the possibility of xtra event
currency, the 3 chest format seems better for going further ( with some
luck and strategy )

I was not not a fan of the "fog" style redemption in the last event, though I could adapt if I don't have a choice. To my experience, this version so far has been the best variation I have seen yet.

One of the things I like about it is that every box opened has 1+ steps closer to grand prize included. I know I am always moving forward without feeling like I need to follow the path quickly to get there in time. I don't have to choose between progress and prizes. As long as I use the keys, I will reach the end, and how I use those keys along the way determines what goodies I get (and I'm a fan of many of the prizes this time around). There are several postal boxes to choose from, but not too many, in my opinion. A couple of times I got what I wanted quickly, a couple of times I spent more keys than I preferred, but it was manageable.

I have not seen a problem with the number of keys. Their quantity was never designed to get everything or several of everything. I don't see that as a ploy to force people to pay for more to get more. I see it as part of the strategy. You can't have everything. Simple as that. What you choose to spend your keys on is part of the strategy. I have everything I wanted so far (six of the ten dailies plus a few pleasant surprises) with keys left over for what I will want later (and will wish I had enough keys then), and key income isn't even over yet (remaining 22/32 days left in the event to accumulate from daily gift and quests).

The other big part is how Inno goes about a strategy for revenue.
The more Inno penalizes players for spending $$, the less players spend $$.
The less $$ spent into the game, the more Inno has to steer Events to a
pay to do well strategy...

[…]

Since my impression of both Evolve events and FAs is that its a money-pit
for players and a way to drain players of all those things that they work to
build up, again benchmark'd against the maniac players, not casual players.
A comment in another thread applies here..... ""not make it harder to win,
make it more expensive to win"

Money is not necessary to play this game effectively. Period. It enhances the experience for some and others aren't interested in being helped like that. It may be your impression, but, in my opinion, you (or those you speak for) just sound bitter for having thrown money at it and not having it go your way. After multiple evolve events and one FA, I don't see the money pit or feel any additional pressure to spend because of those events (which are still optional, by the way).

It should be a real feat to finish all tasks... that Ferris Wheel Galore or other
prize for completing, should be a badge of honor... and Event specific....
There are easy ways to do this, but Inno I guess thinks otherwise...

I personally don't understand the whole "badge of honor" thing. There are those who put great effort into being top ranked and I don't see why but that is one of the freedoms this game allows. Players can create goals for themselves unnecessary to the game and enjoy that. Why is a way to flaunt that victory necessary? (that's rhetorical, by the way, just my opinion on that part)

For this event there are 95 tasks, 32 of which are so called daily tasks but aren't because
of when a player gets there... Take those 95 unique tasks, and let the Rnd calc
ahead what order they will come in..... Sure because of Beta we will know
what the 95 are, just not thier order... This also eliminated the possibility of
endless consecutive tasks or a unworkable # of hard tasks. You also have
(2) sets of tasks.... the (63) reg + (32) daily, and none of the dailies could be
picked untill ALL of the reg tasks are completed... with the same format now
on how/when you get to those locked out tasks....

I am very confused by your claims here. So far the beta list has been accurate (both content and order) for 65/95 and I have no reason to think it will not continue to be since everything has been on point (my thanks to you, beta players). As far as two lists, I'm not entirely sure why it is partitioned like this. To me it is simply ninety-five quests and the last thirty-two (or other day length of event) unlock one at a time until the end. It could be one list and I wouldn't know it had ever been identified as two. The daily list and the event list offer the same type of tasks in a similar order structure. I don't see the difference. I couldn't explain the reason for the daily unlocking part, but I see no problem with it.

[…]

cause it should be FUN, not a J.O.B.

Maybe this isn't the game for you. I've been here for about ten months. I'm new enough to understand new-player struggles but old enough to see the bigger picture. I have been in several events, both player-centered and now a few fellowship-centered events. I see the complaints from new and old alike in here, and most of the time I see their point whether I agree or not but I have had a good experience.

I think what I love about this game is that it satisfies both sides of the brain: the creative and the organization. It takes work, no doubt about it, but it never feels like a job. I am not telling you to leave, but simply take a step back and ask yourself what kind of game you are looking for and is that this. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I do not question your experience, but I have recently been one of those new players you are campaigning for, and even without a fellowship, the forum, or the beta list for the majority of my time here, I'm happy here overall without ever feeling pressured to spend money or complain endlessly about Inno.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

I am pretty sure that is quest 50. I could be wrong but it is pretty high up there. Spire reopens Sunday, so just take the day off. I busted tail to get to that quest while I still had spire encounters because I also can not fight and win anything on the map! You still have plenty of time even with a days delay.

MistyLorraine

One quest is not good for smaller cities just starting out! I have one where it asks for Pet Food to be placed and fight and win encounters. I cannot win because armies are too big for my city and I don't have any buildings that require pet food yet. I am unable to go any further and have been on this quest for three days.

Alram

Flippers just flip
One quest is not good for smaller cities just starting out! I have one where it asks for Pet Food to be placed and fight and win encounters. I cannot win because armies are too big for my city and I don't have any buildings that require pet food yet. I am unable to go any further and have been on this quest for three days.
Craft a pet food in the magic Academy and then disenchant it in your inventory. It counts as "use". I did try this and it worked.

SableAustin

I am pretty sure that is quest 50. I could be wrong but it is pretty high up there. Spire reopens Sunday, so just take the day off. I busted tail to get to that quest while I still had spire encounters because I also can not fight and win anything on the map! You still have plenty of time even with a days delay.
Thanks - so glad only till Sunday when it comes again.. The Fighting is ridiculous and would rather solve!

Iyapo1

It should be a real feat to finish all tasks

These two comments seem to conflict. The first implies that it is too hard and the second indicates that it is too easy?
Do you think it should be harder or easier?

Aritra

These two comments seem to conflict. The first implies that it is too hard and the second indicates that it is too easy?
Do you think it should be harder or easier?
I believe what @BrinDarby was saying that it should be better recognized (accolades/acknowledgement) that finishing all tasks is a feat (that currently not enough recognition in proportion to the [great] feat it is to finish it).

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
How do you figure that? With this shuffle board you will 100% get the daily prize, with the chests you could use all of your currency and NOT win.

I had never thought about it this way. That is actually awesome! I know I have spent event currency and on unlucky days used up a whole lot more than it takes to clear the board once. Suddenly, now that they have removed the random shuffle, I really like this format :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Take those 95 unique tasks, and let the Rnd calc
ahead what order they will come in....
Doesn't work.
Some players, especially newer ones would get totally stuck by having multiple "gain VV" and "Gain xx relics" at the start and miss out on the prizes they want if offered early while other players would get all the easy ones to start and then get stuck at the end with no ability to complete the list as they would run out of time.
Every Event I copy the task list ( feels like cheating )
No one is forcing you to.
Every event you come here to complain that players know the quest tasks in advance and yet you yourself do it.
You know this isn't a PvP game, right?

Honestly, the quests are so generic that the quest list doesn't actually make a big difference at all (I should know, I'm the one who writes the lists on Beta) and I never even reference them on live after setting a few workshops.
Do you know why those lists are so popular? Probably because it's a pretty casual game.

Deleted User - 3932582

Kp and fighters are offered as daily prizes though, and other event formats don't guarantee you any more of those.
Not true at least with respect to KP. You can go to my event strategy calculator for the last 3 chest event, and use 3000 event currency, 1 and 1 weights for KP and AWKP, and 10 for daily (e.g. opening chests on 10 AWKP day). You'll get ~370 KP+AWKP on average. And most of it would be from filler prizes.

In this event you will get about 15 dailies per the same amount of event currency. That's 150 AWKP. Do you think you're going to get 220 KP+AWKP from the current event from opening the shuffleboard on 3K keys?