• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Developers Working on Scroll Solution

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
so i still have not seen a reason why inno just doesn't do the +0 or +1 fix .. then poof done productions and trades would fix themselves

Maybe so many scrolls-boosted players have quit that some servers would become very unbalanced in another direction. Plus they have servers in 20+ countries to consider, not just the US.

Gath Of Baal

I traded 150K scrolls yesterday for 100K crystal/silk, it took over 24H before someone (1 person) picked them all up.

if it's a pain to sell them with a 50% markup, ain't that the definition of a sick market?
Anything else you sell with a 50% markup will be sold in seconds not days.

I have got multiple trades right now that are sitting for over 24 hours of 20k scrolls for 10k silk and 200k scrolls for 100k silk , 2 for 1 ratio, and still cant get rid of them. I think I will keep bumping my offer up when my trades expire and try and find the magic ratio.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have got multiple trades right now that are sitting for over 24 hours of 20k scrolls for 10k silk and 200k scrolls for 100k silk , 2 for 1 ratio, and still cant get rid of them. I think I will keep bumping my offer up when my trades expire and try and find the magic ratio.

In both my cities, one on Arendyll and one on Beta, tier 2 goods are the ones I have the least of when compared to tier 1 and 3, so I generally do not have spare to trade for scrolls, especially on Beta. There, is someone were to offer scrolls for any of the tier 3 goods, at standard 2-star rates, I would be happy to take them, because on Beta I need scrolls.

So maybe on your server, in your region, it is similar. If people are not already swimming in scrolls, maybe they just don't have the extra silk or crystal to trade. Trying to get tier 3 for your scrolls may see the trades go quickly.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
That won't help us to get silk or crystal though and that is the problem. If and when (if ever) the libraries are fixed and scrolls become worth more then 2 to 1 and we can trade for crystal and silk again. Then your suggestion might help to reduce the amount of scrolls we (scroll boosted players) have. But the problem is really trying to get silk and crystal when using your scrolls as that is what we trade for them.

Nectar of the Gods

Or--those of you who are boosted in scrolls could build a Blooming Trader and level it. I can't use the wholesaler to trade in the 1.5+ million scrolls I have from accepting trades for my silk. But a scroll boosted player can. I am currently working with a member in my FS who is boosted in scrolls and has a Blooming Trader to switch out some of my scrolls for crystal. This could be a project for a FS--everyone helping the scroll boosted player level up their Blooming Trader so they get more silk or crystal for scrolls from the wholesaler. The Blooming Trader is not a junk AW. It is just highly misunderstood and under utilized.

Kekune

I dislike the idea of scrolls players needing to level an AW to compensate for a hardship that's been dumped on them. Even so, it seems like this would have limited use. Even with a level 30 BTG the costs climb with each purchase in 24 hours, right? So only the first one (well, two - one for crystal, one for silk) would be an even trade, right? It doesn't seem like an effective way to balance a big surplus.

Deleted User - 1178646

I dislike the idea of scrolls players needing to level an AW to compensate for a hardship that's been dumped on them. Even so, it seems like this would have limited use. Even with a level 30 BTG the costs climb with each purchase in 24 hours, right? So only the first one (well, two - one for crystal, one for silk) would be an even trade, right? It doesn't seem like an effective way to balance a big surplus.

the power is not in the swapping of goods but in the combination of infinite supplies and buying goods with supplies.
at least marble and crystal.

Iyapo1

It doesn't seem like an effective way to balance a big surplus.
I agree. I am scroll boosted and aiming for the BTG. I think it will help me get crystal and silk which I need.
But it wont dent a surplus unless you are willing to take a massive loss.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How does the BTG work? I forget, doesn't it just up the trade ratio to 1:1 at level 30?
E.G.
Current offer 6K:30K
Level 30 offer 30K:30K
Or does the whole trade size increase as well?

Deleted User - 1178646

How does the BTG work? I forget, doesn't it just up the trade ratio to 1:1 at level 30?
E.G.
Current offer 6K:30K
Level 30 offer 30K:30K
Or does the whole trade size increase as well?
1615224645589.png

It's much quicker to just buy silk and crystal (as a scroll boosted player)

You can squeeze out a resonable 1m goods per day out of this thing.

540K T1,
360K T2
And 240K t3

This will cost you 34.2m supplies a day.

Off course this is only possible with enough pop / ensorcelled spells + a handfull of magic workshops to boost your supply production into heaven.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Or--those of you who are boosted in scrolls could build a Blooming Trader and level it. I can't use the wholesaler to trade in the 1.5+ million scrolls I have from accepting trades for my silk. But a scroll boosted player can. I am currently working with a member in my FS who is boosted in scrolls and has a Blooming Trader to switch out some of my scrolls for crystal. This could be a project for a FS--everyone helping the scroll boosted player level up their Blooming Trader so they get more silk or crystal for scrolls from the wholesaler. The Blooming Trader is not a junk AW. It is just highly misunderstood and under utilized.
Ok so the BTG caps out at 100% Like 1:1
With no BTG I'm offered 6,000 for 30,000
With a level 30 BTG I'd be offered 30,000 for 30,000
So if I was scrolls boosted I could make 2 even trades for 60,000 total per day after investing ~15,000 KP, an expansion, and adding 30 AW levels to my spire/tournament formula.
Since I make over 200K T2 per day that's not enough for me to balance out across all 3.
Even a player who makes half as much as I do would need 225 days to reduce their 1.5m stash of extra scrolls.
dissa.png

Someone with a scrolls imbalance like mine with half of my daily T2 production would need closer to 1,000 days of using that BTG to rebalance
Regardless of how long it would take, For 1/3 of players to have a requirement of a level 30 wonder just to get the same 1:1 trades as the other 2/3 of players get without it is insane.

Deleted User - 1178646

Ok so the BTG caps out at 100% Like 1:1
With no BTG I'm offered 6,000 for 30,000
With a level 30 BTG I'd be offered 30,000 for 30,000
So if I was scrolls boosted I could make 2 even trades for 60,000 total per day after investing ~15,000 KP, an expansion, and adding 30 AW levels to my spire/tournament formula.
Since I make over 200K T2 per day that's not enough for me to balance out across all 3.
Even a player who makes half as much as I do would need 225 days to reduce their 1.5m stash of extra scrolls.
View attachment 9293
Someone with a scrolls imbalance like mine with half of my daily T2 production would need closer to 1,000 days of using that BTG to rebalance
Regardless of how long it would take, For 1/3 of players to have a requirement of a level 30 wonder just to get the same 1:1 trades as the other 2/3 of players get without it is insane.

I indurged myself and looked how big the jump would be from the first to the second trade, I mean if it's small enough you could consider doing it twice right?
1615225278878.png

That jump is pretty big :(, thats a 34% uptick?

Kekune

I've been thinking about building a bee anyway, just because of recent trends in guest races. This angle would also provide a benefit in between chapters... maybe I'll do it. Though for the record, I'm still gonna resent a little the fact that the wholesaler is one of the best ways to get anything.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

A potential problem with this is that a properly balanced 25-member fellowship should have 7 or 8 players who are boosted in scrolls. This make me wonder if fellowships are now rejecting join requests from players boosted in scrolls because they need fewer members who make it?

Kekune

A potential problem with this is that a properly balanced 25-member fellowship should have 7 or 8 players who are boosted in scrolls. This make me wonder if fellowships are now rejecting join requests from players boosted in scrolls because they need fewer members who make it?
Mine has definitely thought twice about it. We have still brought in scroll boosts sometimes (just this weekend, in fact) but we've definitely prioritized other boosts.