• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Developers Working on Scroll Solution

NightshadeCS

Just finished watching the Live Q&A on a social media platform. The developers said that, yes, they are aware there is a problem with scrolls due to the Moonstone Library set and that they are working on solutions. They added the caveat that they are not sure they will be able to solve the problem to everyone's complete satisfaction, but that they are at least aware and trying to come up with something helpful.

Deleted User - 1178646

omg, how difficult can they make the solution.

"at least it won't get worse now"
Yay what an improvement lol

They tried to balance the feniks artefacts in the spire, as it's a powerfull item.

0-15 range is very balanced.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Would a proposed fix be for only new Moonstone Libraries and Endless Scrolls won in the future? Or would it also be applied retroactively to buildings already placed in player's cities?

Deleted User - 1178646

Would a proposed fix be for only new Moonstone Libraries and Endless Scrolls won in the future? Or would it also be applied retroactively to buildings already placed in player's cities?
if there is no retroactively changes applied then there is no fix.
There is such an overabundance of scroll production that if you do not adress the current buildings there is no solution.
And even if you adress those buildings, the fix would still take a lot of time to flush out. as massive overstocks of scrolls arent easily washed away. this would still take time.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
if there is no retroactively changes applied then there is no fix.
There is such an overabundance of scroll production that if you do not adress the current buildings there is no solution.
And even if you adress those buildings, the fix would still take a lot of time to flush out. as massive overstocks of scrolls arent easily washed away. this would still take time.
Disagree. If you change the values on all future Moonstone Libraries and Endless Scrolls it is still a solution. But it would take years this way. If you apply it retroactively, the solution takes effect in months. It is a matter of timeframe. Also a matter of if Inno wants to change stuff players have already won or if they just want to limit the change to stuff players win in the future.

Deleted User - 1178646

Disagree. If you change the values on all future Moonstone Libraries and Endless Scrolls it is still a solution. But it would take years this way. If you apply it retroactively, the solution takes effect in months. It is a matter of timeframe. Also a matter of if Inno wants to change stuff players have already won or if they just want to limit the change to stuff players win in the future.
Yes it indeed takes years and years and years.
Which isn't really a solution is is?

Oh you're a new player and have scrolls? well com back in 5 years when your game is viable again.
We don't even know if the game exists in 5 years so no, keeping the current sets in it's current form and wait for them to fase out as enough players who have them quit isn't really a solution.

Crow Last Elf

From that Community manager meeting they had in September 2020, the information that was posted to a forum (translated) was:

"Now let's first come to the question that really worries you a lot: The scroll problem! We explicitly asked again whether the developers are aware of the problem and whether and, if so, what they would like to do about it. Yes, they are aware of the problem and are currently collecting ideas and making more specific plans. One possibility, for example, would be to replace the moonstone library (i.e. a completely new building set) or to revise the moonstone library (no, not to change the distribution of goods). "

I'm not sure what the last part means, not changing the distribution of goods, yet solving the problem?

Btw: Can't wait for a solution for the scroll problem!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
any news on this?
If I had to bet I'd say they feel that moving the moonstone set to crafting in 2 weeks is a fix and they won't make any other fix for a few months to see how it goes.
Once they realize that no one got rid of the existing thousands of sets and now even players who don't do a single full floor of the spire have a set as well they'll start thinking about it again.

Deleted User - 849192770

If I had to bet I'd say they feel that moving the moonstone set to crafting in 2 weeks is a fix and they won't make any other fix for a few months to see how it goes.
Once they realize that no one got rid of the existing thousands of sets and now even players who don't do a single full floor of the spire have a set as well they'll start thinking about it again.
yeah well thats not a fix so i hope they really fix it

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The strangest thing is, as a scroll boosted player with 8 moonstone sets, I don't have a surplus of scrolls. I use my scrolls to purchase silk and crystal and rarely go more than a few hours before they are taken, usually by my neighbors. All I have to do is discount them enough. So who has scrolls they can't get rid of by discounting them to 25% or so? Of course, my neighbors are treating me so "unfair" since they keep taking my "unfair" (to me) trades.

In the end I suspect paying attention and letting somebody else (the devs) tell you what your scrolls are worth may be more the problem than anything. If you hover over the star ratings you get, for 3 star, "This offer is a bargain. The wanted goods are far less valuable than the offered goods." Hovering over a 2 star rating says "This trade is fair." Sad, as obviously it just not true for scrolls, or "fair" doesn't mean anything. If scrolls were as valuable as silk and crystal there wouldn't be a problem with trading them at the "fair" game determined value.

So again, human psychology trumps planned economies and reality proves the idea: "if we all just believe it, it will work" to be true, but only in a closed society where no one is allowed to trade other than at the prescribed ratios.

AJ

Dew Spinner

The strangest thing is, as a scroll boosted player with 8 moonstone sets, I don't have a surplus of scrolls. I use my scrolls to purchase silk and crystal and rarely go more than a few hours before they are taken, usually by my neighbors. All I have to do is discount them enough. So who has scrolls they can't get rid of by discounting them to 25% or so? Of course, my neighbors are treating me so "unfair" since they keep taking my "unfair" (to me) trades.

In the end I suspect paying attention and letting somebody else (the devs) tell you what your scrolls are worth may be more the problem than anything. If you hover over the star ratings you get, for 3 star, "This offer is a bargain. The wanted goods are far less valuable than the offered goods." Hovering over a 2 star rating says "This trade is fair." Sad, as obviously it just not true for scrolls, or "fair" doesn't mean anything. If scrolls were as valuable as silk and crystal there wouldn't be a problem with trading them at the "fair" game determined value.

So again, human psychology trumps planned economies and reality proves the idea: "if we all just believe it, it will work" to be true, but only in a closed society where no one is allowed to trade other than at the prescribed ratios.

AJ
Scrolls boosted players shouldn't be handicapped anymore than other boosted players. All Elvenar players are suppose to be on a level playing field. Just because you have found a work around doesn't mean a work around should NEED to be found. This is a game design flaw and INNO should FIX the problem, scrolls boosted players should not HAVE to use a work around.

Elf Emma

Scrolls boosted players shouldn't be handicapped anymore than other boosted players. All Elvenar players are suppose to be on a level playing field. Just because you have found a work around doesn't mean a work around should NEED to be found. This is a game design flaw and INNO should FIX the problem, scrolls boosted players should not HAVE to use a work around.
And the fact that scroll boosted players have to spend more time manufacturing goods in order to make their trades sufficiently attractive to get takers, means scrolls are a devalued commodity. Not sure what the thinking was behind giving some players a handicap in the game???

Dew Spinner

And the fact that scroll boosted players have to spend more time manufacturing goods in order to make their trades sufficiently attractive to get takers, means scrolls are a devalued commodity. Not sure what the thinking was behind giving some players a handicap in the game???
I fear that they don't want to admit the massive blunder they made and therefore won't fix it properly. There is an easy fix but they keep ignoring it and causing collateral damage problems by not instituting the easy fix.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
If they changed the buildings output to your boost (for all moonstone sets) that would fix it. We could all just trade in our surplus of scrolls for KP and/or other goods in the trader wholesaler to get rid of the excess. But I think they believe limiting the set to one from now on will fix the problem and it will after about 5 years! Lmao, these guys kill me! Unless they also create more ways to get CC's (or another building that creates CC's) , anyone that has more then one set will keep them going for the CC's. If they did actually create more ways to get CC's though I would dump my libraries!

Last edited: