• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

jesikrey

You might hate this badge, because it slows you down so much, your stuck and you hate it.
I looked at the t10 of your fellowship and it looks like resonable towns that obviously prepared for the FA making room for loads of workshops / factories for example
But remember that the fact your standing a chance on the first place and not be obliterated by towns like this is that same stupid badge.
Some FA towns pre this change looked like this:

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a01eeb0771f24f9e87b5229174e8b60d/

This is a city that a player abandoned when he/she left in chapter 12. and another one took it over as an FA town and adjusted it accordingly.
This is how a top FA town looks like, when you do not have a hatred badge like the esotheric one.

And yes almost all additions are added to create revenue, this is no different, why do you think they offer those ridiculous expensive advanture package.

You play the spire, if you love the FA so much you can ditch all those free diamonds in the MA. you do not have to spend a single penny in this new format. tho if someone is willing to throw a 1000 dollars at it, you will not win. so be it.

But I do not see people throw that kind of money at it. right now you and your fellowship can participate for that first spot because cities like the above are no longer effective.

And maybe it would be wise to skip an FA to you can recouperate your CC.

In the end it's a war of attrition and going into the battle unprepared is often not a winning strategy.

Wow... that is insane! How are smaller FS able to compete?

My complaints are that they take lots of CC, MA is not favorable with VV, time, time time it takes to get one. We are not aiming for number one spot we just want to complete one last path in stage three lol

One of my fellows this morning emailed me her strategy to get arcanes and geez, the CC, TI that she spent are in the high number.
I don't like this badge but I guess it does give FAs that have the opportunity to have towns like the one above a pause so others can also be competitive?

Our FS celebrates making progress in our ranking but we like the best having to come together. Not all participate at a top level but is fine, is what we like and how we play.

This badge is just a thorn on my side.... well perhaps I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm still in awe with that city up there...

shock and awe.jpeg

StarLoad

you prep by not burning away certain resources in MA a week or more in advance, so you can do them as a FS in a timely manner during the FA and not have to say things like "oh my gosh AR's are so bad i'm so upset, HELP DEVS HELP ME"

I know this is a tough concept to grasp for certain of you who have played this game for years

Sometimes it's best to complain less, and instead actually try to figure something out.

The very fact 2 of you are such veterans to the game but couldn't figure this out is sort of funny to me.

These forums are serious comedy some days.

Oh wait i'm wrong never mind... let's all just insert our angry emojis and write more posts about how bad they are.

Back to my 3rd badge... it's taking soooooo long to place.
You have no clue,
I can have 500 CC spells and 250K in fragments and the day the FA starts I can craft 24/7
I can save my spells and start with 50 spells and 25K in fragments and I can still craft 24/7

The AR badge requires 9 vision vapors and the available choices can range from 1VV to 23VV, so depending on the 5 I get I might 3 badges or 4 badges but that is all and in that process, I will have wasted many CC's and Frags by making badges that are higher than 9 but only give me the credit for 9.

Then you wait 6 hours to do the next round

SO tell me in your infinite wisdom, how does having more resources saved up help? Please enlighten us with your godly knowledge since we are so inept?

Deleted User - 1178646

Wow... that is insane! How are smaller FS able to compete?

My complaints are that they take lots of CC, MA is not favorable with VV, time, time time it takes to get one. We are not aiming for number one spot we just want to complete one last path in stage three lol

One of my fellows this morning emailed me her strategy to get arcanes and geez, the CC, TI that she spent are in the high number.
I don't like this badge but I guess it does give FAs that have the opportunity to have towns like the one above a pause so others can also be competitive?

Our FS celebrates making progress in our ranking but we like the best having to come together. Not all participate at a top level but is fine, is what we like and how we play.

This badge is just a thorn on my side.... well perhaps I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm still in awe with that city up there...

View attachment 9374
small, big, no one could compete with dead towns "saved" for FA destruction,
This is why I love this change, I always hated the concept destroy to win. no game should promoted total destruction of your own city.

People noticed this and used a workaround with dead town and you get stupid cities like the above that only exist for the FA and make no sense in any other way than the FA. they can't do shit.

If you just try to enjoy the FA and pick up the prizes you can pick 1 of 3 roads.

The left asks for many esotheric and tournament / spire relatated badges and few that need (level 1) workshops and factories.
The right route aks for few esotheric and tournament / spire related badges but many workshop/factory ones

The middle route asks a balanced amount of both sides of the coin.

Pick one that fits your fellowship it's fairly easy for any fellowship to enjoy both, if esotheric ain't your thing or too difficult then grab the route with many workshops / factories and a limited amount of those badges.

Dew Spinner

you prep by not burning away certain resources in MA a week or more in advance, so you can do them as a FS in a timely manner during the FA and not have to say things like "oh my gosh AR's are so bad i'm so upset, HELP DEVS HELP ME"

I know this is a tough concept to grasp for certain of you who have played this game for years

Sometimes it's best to complain less, and instead actually try to figure something out.

The very fact 2 of you are such veterans to the game but couldn't figure this out is sort of funny to me.

These forums are serious comedy some days.

Oh wait i'm wrong never mind... let's all just insert our angry emojis and write more posts about how bad they are.

Back to my 3rd badge... it's taking soooooo long to place.
The tough concept for you to grasp is that these resources are needed to run your city effectively. You CAN NOT pass up a chance at pet food or a 5 day military building because you are "saving" them for FA, that is just ludicrous.

Dew Spinner

At least we can't blame people spending real money to get extra residue or bracelet badges to finish faster, because neither of those badges are in the badge bundles that popped up for sale yesterday. For that matter, the $50 bundle only includes 7 of the 16 badge types. I have never bothered to even look at those before, but now I know not to blame the money spenders on buying their way into 1st place.
You can buy badges with Diamonds right from the map page.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You can buy badges with Diamonds right from the map page.

Which is so stupidly expensive when translated to real money that I refuse to believe anyone would do that for more than maybe the last badge a spot needs, so that they can move on. And this is a lot more likely in fellowships with fewer members, than in ones that are full and can easily make the badges needed. I can see a small fellowship on the final day needing a couple more badges to complete a path and claim the chest, spending those diamonds to avoid not getting the chest at all. But I highly doubt any of the really competitive fellowships, who normally finish in the top 20, would even want their members wasting money/diamonds that way, when it is not needed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is a city that a player abandoned when he/she left in chapter 12. and another one took it over as an FA town
Pretty sure that's simply cheating, and can't really be avoided unless the developers are willing to do something about it.
Every city with max level wonders who gets there from push accounts has huge space advantages too, but all we can do is ignore them like inno does.

Deleted User - 1178646

Pretty sure that's simply cheating, and can't really be avoided unless the developers are willing to do something about it.
Every city with max level wonders who gets there from push accounts has huge space advantages too, but all we can do is ignore them like inno does.

Off course it's not allowed to take over an account, but it happens a lot and can't be avoided.
It's not illegal to own a town like that, but what it does destroy the the entire competition in the FA

And as for wonders, I think they punisched wonders pretty hard in the last tournament change didn't they?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The only way to kill off cities like that one is to get rid of all the badges that require making time-specific productions. The Bracelet change was the first for that, but I don't know if they can make enough others like that to still have 16 badges, with none of them needing those productions.

AtaguS

The only way to kill off cities like that one is to get rid of all the badges that require making time-specific productions.
I've been wondering about this. I find myself using just as much free space for the statue, necklace, farmers and blacksmith badges now, as I did for the old badges. The only difference is I can go with all L1 planks and save space. But the need to teleport a bunch of buildings and have a shanty town seems the same to me.

SoggyShorts

Off course it's not allowed to take over an account, but it happens a lot and can't be avoided.
It's not illegal to own a town like that, but what it does destroy the the entire competition in the FA
Can't be avoided? I'm willing to bet those pushers aren't as careful as they need to be to not get caught if inno cared. The way to do it would be one huge sweep. Gather KP and FA pushing data for a couple of months (this tracking program already exists and has been offered for free to inno) and then suspend all cheaters at once.

Since that will never happen because for the most part cheaters are also spenders,
Perhaps a cap on how many badges each player can contribute as a percent could work?
E.G. Once a player has contributed 10% of the total Statue badges that have been placed they are locked out from placing any more Statue badges until that % drops.
But the need to teleport a bunch of buildings and have a shanty town seems the same to me.
Exactly!
This is what I don't get about those praising the "new system", shanty towns are still useful so we still make them. No real change.

Dew Spinner

Which is so stupidly expensive when translated to real money that I refuse to believe anyone would do that for more than maybe the last badge a spot needs, so that they can move on. And this is a lot more likely in fellowships with fewer members, than in ones that are full and can easily make the badges needed. I can see a small fellowship on the final day needing a couple more badges to complete a path and claim the chest, spending those diamonds to avoid not getting the chest at all. But I highly doubt any of the really competitive fellowships, who normally finish in the top 20, would even want their members wasting money/diamonds that way, when it is not needed.
I agree, was just pointing that out.

Dew Spinner

I've been wondering about this. I find myself using just as much free space for the statue, necklace, farmers and blacksmith badges now, as I did for the old badges. The only difference is I can go with all L1 planks and save space. But the need to teleport a bunch of buildings and have a shanty town seems the same to me.
I agree, I have 75 WS and 65 T1!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

So who wants to start a new thread to brainstorm up some replacement badges to get forwarded to the devs? :)

SoggyShorts

So who wants to start a new thread to brainstorm up some replacement badges to get forwarded to the devs? :)
The problem with this, just like with event quests is that there are 2 opposing desires:

Some players hate any disruption to what they call "normal play" so turd towns and long productions etc are unacceptable.
Some players find having to strategically mess up their town fun and engaging.

The events originally favored the latter group quite heavily and now the pendulum has swung almost fully in the other direction with quests that complete themselves through normal play.

Badges are basically the same as quests but instead of the "or" option, you get teammates who can share the burden.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you want to be number 1 your going to work for it. The FSs that you are competing with for the top spot are facing the exact same difficulty.

Most players do not craft everything in the MA 24/7 during the FA. Most players in FS aiming for the top spot....dont craft everything in the MAs 24/7 during the FA.
5 ARs per day per player would net a score of over 61k. Most FS absolutely do not even do that much.

I don't know where you get the idea that 5 ARs per day would add up to "over 61K." It would not.

The MA turns over 4 times a day. You need an average of 2 recipes per arcane ... sometimes 3 (and yes, sometimes 1). Remember, you aren't going to get perfect math on them. You'll sometimes spend 6 CCs on one arcane and other times spend only 3. And you have to ignore the recipes that require anything other than CCs and spell frags (which I already mentioned I don't do the blueprint ones). That means someone who is going all out, with a maxed MA, will be able to make maybe 8-10 arcanes per day and spend maybe 40-50 CCs and a boatload of spell frags.

With as many arcanes as I make per day, I can only fill a pit slot LESS THAN twice. That goes fast. If we gain, say, 10K points per day in the pit, that means we have done a total of 200 rounds of badges per day, which means we've done approximately 167 arcanes daily, or about 7 per team member. That's almost at my "max" of 8-10. IF we manage to keep doing 10K per day, we'll finish with maybe 60K (we're somewhere around37 or 38K now). I doubt we'll get "over 61K" and that's with an average of 7 arcanes per team member, not five.

But let's remember that we have team members that have 30K points total and an MA that isn't past level 3. They take many hours to make a CC ... they cannot do 7 arcanes per day, and the spire doesn't run every day, so without a LOT of luck in getting 3 ccs in lots of chests, their ccs at the end of a spire will not last them more than a day. So that means the rest of us has to do 9 or 10 per day ... hence, nonstop MA crafting

Redo your math and you'll find it is off.

Dew Spinner

I don't know where you get the idea that 5 ARs per day would add up to "over 61K." It would not.

The MA turns over 4 times a day. You need an average of 2 recipes per arcane ... sometimes 3 (and yes, sometimes 1). Remember, you aren't going to get perfect math on them. You'll sometimes spend 6 CCs on one arcane and other times spend only 3. And you have to ignore the recipes that require anything other than CCs and spell frags (which I already mentioned I don't do the blueprint ones). That means someone who is going all out, with a maxed MA, will be able to make maybe 8-10 arcanes per day and spend maybe 40-50 CCs and a boatload of spell frags.

With as many arcanes as I make per day, I can only fill a pit slot LESS THAN twice. That goes fast. If we gain, say, 10K points per day in the pit, that means we have done a total of 200 rounds of badges per day, which means we've done approximately 167 arcanes daily, or about 7 per team member. That's almost at my "max" of 8-10. IF we manage to keep doing 10K per day, we'll finish with maybe 60K (we're somewhere around37 or 38K now). I doubt we'll get "over 61K" and that's with an average of 7 arcanes per team member, not five.

But let's remember that we have team members that have 30K points total and an MA that isn't past level 3. They take many hours to make a CC ... they cannot do 7 arcanes per day, and the spire doesn't run every day, so without a LOT of luck in getting 3 ccs in lots of chests, their ccs at the end of a spire will not last them more than a day. So that means the rest of us has to do 9 or 10 per day ... hence, nonstop MA crafting

Redo your math and you'll find it is off.
I thought the math of Lyapo1 was off. I don't know how you are doing 8 to 10 a day, my hat is off to you!

Iyapo1

@Darielle did you start counting only after you hit the pit?

If 25 people make 5 badges per day for 6 days they will make a total of 750 AR badges.
It takes 170 to fill all stages.
750-170=580 pit badges
Each pit round takes 5 badges.
580÷5= 116 pit rounds
Each pit round is worth 300 points
116×300=34,800 points from the pit
27k points from the map plus 34,800 points from the pit= 61.8k total score.

My math does not seem off. Not horribly so. @SoggyShorts help?