• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

Dew Spinner

@Darielle did you start counting only after you hit the pit?

If 25 people make 5 badges per day for 6 days they will make a total of 750 AR badges.
It takes 170 to fill all stages.
750-170=580 pit badges
Each pit round takes 5 badges.
580÷5= 116 pit rounds
Each pit round is worth 300 points
116×300=34,800 points from the pit
27k points from the map plus 34,800 points from the pit= 61.8k total score.

My math does not seem off. Not horribly so. @SoggyShorts help?
Are you possibly forgetting that you have to go through the whole round of the various pits before getting back to the one that asks for Arcane Residues? I am not a math whizz but I thought your numbers were pretty high also but I could be wrong.

Sprite1313

Each pit round is worth 50 points, not 300. That explains the math issue.

Edit: I see where you are going with the 300 points, but that is also assuming that nobody is bogged down by the bracelets, LOL. And five AR per day is a pretty high ask, unless you are cycling the MA with diamonds.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

The pit is a repeating pattern Each spin is worth 50 points.each round is worth 300points. So the pit will ask for:
  1. 5 Brewer, 5 Carpenter, 5 Farmers
  2. 5 Blacksmith, 5 Bracelet, 5 Necklace
  3. 5 Statue, 5 Hat, 5 Druid
  4. 5 Wonder Society, 5 Elvarian Guard
  5. 5 Coins, 5 Residue, 5 Marbles
  6. 5 Tiara, 5 Ghost​

Dew Spinner

Each pit round is worth 50 points, not 300. That explains the math issue.

Edit: I see where you are going with the 300 points, but that is also assuming that nobody is bogged down by the bracelets, LOL. And five AR per day is a pretty high ask, unless you are cycling the MA with diamonds.
That's what I thought, younger cities can't do that. Also can get bogged down with blacksmiths, statues, necklaces, farmers.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle did you start counting only after you hit the pit?

If 25 people make 5 badges per day for 6 days they will make a total of 750 AR badges.
It takes 170 to fill all stages.
750-170=580 pit badges
Each pit round takes 5 badges.
580÷5= 116 pit rounds
116×300=34,800 points from the pit
27k points from the map plus 34,800 points from the pit= 61.8k total score.

My math does not seem off. Not horribly so. @SoggyShorts help?

First of all, it takes 178 arcanes to fill all three stages, not 170. I know that's not a big difference, but let's be accurate here.

Second, it is literally impossible for all 25 members to make 5 badges per day for 6 days in a row consistently. That would mean an average of 90-150 ccs per person not to mention a ton of spell frags, and there's no way that someone with 25,000 or 35000 points can stockpile 90-120 ccs and that many spell fragments, with a lower level MA that takes 20 hours to make a CC. Even if they save the ones they get in the spire, that's just too much to ask of a newer player and we can't, as a fellowship, assume that everyone across the board should do exactly the same amount. It's unfair.

Therefore, that "five per day" means an average of five per day, with the low level players making perhaps one or two or three per day. The upper level members must run their MAs 24/7 to make up the slack in order to get that score. They must take probably four of the five recipes every rotation. Since each one will cost between 3 hours and 5 hours on average to make, that means that they must use at least 12 hours worth of time instants every rotation (or more), or maybe 48-50 hours' worth of time instants per day, in addition to the 40 or 50 combined catalysts per day. By the end of six days, a higher level player has contributed maybe 300 hours worth of time instants and up to 300 combined catalysts, all on ONE type of badge. There is not a single other badge in this entire event that takes that many resources from players. Everything else is doable without a severe burden on the higher level players who make up the slack on this particular badge.

I challenge anyone here with a score of 50K or less to make fifteen arcanes during the last 3 days of the event, and then tell me it was easy. It can't happen, so Inno puts the burden on the higher level players, while some newer players ridicule them for pointing out this burden and hoping Inno will address it. They don't see a problem with it because they don't actually try to consistently make this "average five" arcanes per day. If they did, maybe they'd join us in pointing out the inequity.

It reminds me of my ex, when I was working as a waitress and my feet were killing me at night to where I didn't want to stand up or do anything. He would say, "I worked too today, and I'm not complaining." Yeah, he worked sitting at a desk, so of course he didn't understand. I said he was my ex, lol.

Last edited:

CrusaderMichael

The tough concept for you to grasp is that these resources are needed to run your city effectively. You CAN NOT pass up a chance at pet food or a 5 day military building because you are "saving" them for FA, that is just ludicrous.

no... what you REALLY mean is what you just admitted, and that certain people like Ed refuse to just say... that you CAN prepare for the AR's... you just have other notions so you don't WANT to prepare this way. But guess what..... some people.... do.

You guys can do what you want but when certain of you make such bold statements of how it can't be done, then someone else at least admits it can be done but it would be something you particularly don't want to do and feel it would be stupid... well... at least progress toward the obvious has been made. That yes you can prepare for the AR.

Now that we have finally grasped that yes you can prepare for the AR's but just don't want to... we can all carry on with our day.

The end.

I came back to look at these posts because.... WE'RE STUCK ON AR'S haha

Dew Spinner

no... what you REALLY mean is what you just admitted, and that certain people like Ed refuse to just say... that you CAN prepare for the AR's... you just have other notions so you don't WANT to prepare this way. But guess what..... some people.... do.

You guys can do what you want but when certain of you make such bold statements of how it can't be done, then someone else at least admits it can be done but it would be something you particularly don't want to do and feel it would be stupid... well... at least progress toward the obvious has been made. That yes you can prepare for the AR.

Now that we have finally grasped that yes you can prepare for the AR's but just don't want to... we can all carry on with our day.

The end.

I came back to look at these posts because.... WE'RE STUCK ON AR'S haha
Let's not be ridiculous, they aren't "notions", they are how you excel at the game! The FA is 1 wk, the game is daily, you can't forgo your daily game to hoard resources for a FA. Apparently you don't know how often FAs happen, you would have to save every single day that you play FOREVER! The some people who do prepare that way are higher chapter cities that have amassed huge inventories of resources over years of game play OR lower chapter players that never want to excel at anything at the game. Are you telling me you are going to constantly pass up 5 day military buildings and pet food in the MA? If the answer is yes then you are a FOOL!

jesikrey

I challenge anyone here with a score of 50K or less to make fifteen arcanes during the last 3 days of the event, and then tell me it was easy. It can't happen, so Inno puts the burden on the higher level players, while some newer players ridicule them for pointing out this burden and hoping Inno will address it. They don't see a problem with it because they don't actually try to consistently make this "average five" arcanes per day. If they did, maybe they'd join us in pointing out the inequity.

I am not even at 50k points but I made 5 arcanes today, IT TOOK A LOT o_O. I spent 5hr boosters to create enough CCs, I got 3 from Spire and 3 from my library sets, plus whatever I had, I was only able to finish crafting because of the 5hr, 2hr and 1hr boosters. My MA has been producing CCs ALL day. I have yet to start crafting because I have one CC lol My MA has not been friendly when it comes to the VV. I have not been able to craft anything because I ran out of CCs and time boosters lol It is very difficult and it SUCKS!!! Oh and the items that I crafted... I do not even want to talk about it :mad:
I will probably not be able to craft any MA items until tomorrow... and it will not be 5 probably one or two. :rolleyes:

Deleted User - 1178646

CC should be collected before and FA not afer.

It'as also a lot easier of the fellowship is active in the spire as it rewards some CC as guild prices beside in the personal rewards.

Fa is all about preperations, CC is one of those preps.

Iyapo1

I challenge anyone here with a score of 50K or less to make fifteen arcanes during the last 3 days of the event, and then tell me it was easy.
I never said it was easy. I said it is possible. I said that I can make just as many badges as a chapter 17 player. I said you can make as many badges as a chapter 17 player. This badge is an equal opportunity pain in the rear.

lauren1957

@jesikrey

This badge is giving everyone an equally hard time. Spire players in Spire FSs have an "easier time" because they have more FS spire rewards(CCs and timers).

A chapter 3 spire player in a spire FS can make just as many as a chapter 17 spire player in a spire FS.

These badges are obnoxious for everyone but they are one of the few badges that low level cities can produce in the same amount as megalopolis cities.
Untrue. I have little and big cities and there are not enough runes to make catalysts in new lands as in old ones, even if spire is available. Young lands can't get past the first boss without destroying their goods or armies. Just the facts. But yeah, the arcane requirement in the FSA is beyond ridiculous (let's face it; the FSAs are dumb 'cuz of the paltry prizes anyway).

StarLoad

I asked YOU to tell us, How YOU see that we can prep in advance??? If you are so smart tell us ....

Darielle

I am not even at 50k points but I made 5 arcanes today, IT TOOK A LOT o_O. I spent 5hr boosters to create enough CCs, I got 3 from Spire and 3 from my library sets, plus whatever I had, I was only able to finish crafting because of the 5hr, 2hr and 1hr boosters. My MA has been producing CCs ALL day. I have yet to start crafting because I have one CC lol My MA has not been friendly when it comes to the VV. I have not been able to craft anything because I ran out of CCs and time boosters lol It is very difficult and it SUCKS!!! Oh and the items that I crafted... I do not even want to talk about it :mad:
I will probably not be able to craft any MA items until tomorrow... and it will not be 5 probably one or two. :rolleyes:
Thank you, Jesikrey; I appreciate the anecdote. You must be a very valuable asset to your fellowship; you are living proof that it's not easy to do that, and the players with older cities know that not every player will go the extra mile as you are doing, and deplete their precious resources.

Darielle

I never said it was easy. I said it is possible. I said that I can make just as many badges as a chapter 17 player. I said you can make as many badges as a chapter 17 player. This badge is an equal opportunity pain in the rear.
It may be possible, but it isn't logical to expect that from every player with a younger city. As jesikrey said, you have to destroy your resources and you can't do it consistently over six days. Higher level players will need to make more than that if they want a shot at the top. I'm not saying that getting a shot at the top should be easy; it shouldn't. It was never easy before arcanes, but it was doable without destroying all of your resources. That's all I want again.

Maybe that was Inno's plan all along ... to burn all the resources they give out in the Spire with a new badge designed to do that. After all, it IS likely that the players who vie for FA position are the exact same ones who vie for top spot on the spire every week. Hmmm.

Deleted User - 1178646

It may be possible, but it isn't logical to expect that from every player with a younger city. As jesikrey said, you have to destroy your resources and you can't do it consistently over six days. Higher level players will need to make more than that if they want a shot at the top. I'm not saying that getting a shot at the top should be easy; it shouldn't. It was never easy before arcanes, but it was doable without destroying all of your resources. That's all I want again.

Maybe that was Inno's plan all along ... to burn all the resources they give out in the Spire with a new badge designed to do that. After all, it IS likely that the players who vie for FA position are the exact same ones who vie for top spot on the spire every week. Hmmm.

Not really, but you can't get away with no spire either.
Most teams that love the spire, spend most of that in the tournaments instead of an FA.

It's a RoI think, the FA has a reallly poor RoI

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I sort of agree with this. The Arcane Residue is more difficult than the other badges and maybe should be made a bit easier. Not too much easier, but a bit. In any case, if you plan ahead it does get easier. We encourage our players to collect 200 CC, (we do silver level Spire every week and most don't get even close to 200 but it's a target), the SF (that's the east part), and a LOT of instants, in preparation. Then be prepared to craft items you neither want or need. I do think 9 is better than 10 Vision Vaper, but I'd still like it to go down to 7 or so.

AJ

Dew Spinner

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, this is just INNO's way of making you drain a ton of resources so you don't have them to help your city in Spire, Tournament and regular game growth. Quest Events are the same way but way less obvious about it.

Darielle

I sort of agree with this. The Arcane Residue is more difficult than the other badges and maybe should be made a bit easier. Not too much easier, but a bit. In any case, if you plan ahead it does get easier. We encourage our players to collect 200 CC, (we do silver level Spire every week and most don't get even close to 200 but it's a target), the SF (that's the east part), and a LOT of instants, in preparation. Then be prepared to craft items you neither want or need. I do think 9 is better than 10 Vision Vaper, but I'd still like it to go down to 7 or so.

AJ
I'd like to see it down to five or even one item crafted = 1 badge. That would be the fairest way in case you get garbage crafts. My team preps for the FA for a minimum of 2 weeks in advance, stockpiling as much as possible. We go to gold about half the time in spire so that helps, for sure. But as Ed says, no one will turn down pet food in the MA when they can get it. or an UUU either. Trying to get younger cities to craft things they don't want is like pulling teeth, but yeah, if you have team members who will do it, that's gold.