• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

Deleted User - 1178646

It was already lowered from 15 to 9.

7, 5 and 1 item is way to low. it will simply return the cities of death we finally got rid of.

Dew Spinner

I sort of agree with this. The Arcane Residue is more difficult than the other badges and maybe should be made a bit easier. Not too much easier, but a bit. In any case, if you plan ahead it does get easier. We encourage our players to collect 200 CC, (we do silver level Spire every week and most don't get even close to 200 but it's a target), the SF (that's the east part), and a LOT of instants, in preparation. Then be prepared to craft items you neither want or need. I do think 9 is better than 10 Vision Vaper, but I'd still like it to go down to 7 or so.

AJ
That's the whole problem, in order to "save" for the FA you must not craft anything that is helpful to your city in regular game play and that just is against the game and against what the MA is there for. I am not willing to sacrifice the whole rest of the game for FA and frankly I shouldn't have to. It should not be "all for FA" and nothing for the regular game. It baffles me how INNO comes up with these ideas and thinks it does anything but displease almost the entire player base. How can they think that is good for their bottom line, it's like they are living in an alternate universe. I have NEVER seen a gaming company make such horrible decisions! Are the rest of their games run the same way or is Elvenar just an experiment on how to ruin a game? Because they are systematically ruining every aspect of this game, step by step.

Dew Spinner

I'd like to see it down to five or even one item crafted = 1 badge. That would be the fairest way in case you get garbage crafts. My team preps for the FA for a minimum of 2 weeks in advance, stockpiling as much as possible. We go to gold about half the time in spire so that helps, for sure. But as Ed says, no one will turn down pet food in the MA when they can get it. or an UUU either. Trying to get younger cities to craft things they don't want is like pulling teeth, but yeah, if you have team members who will do it, that's gold.
You really shouldn't have to craft things you don't want or need and waste valuable resources and INNO should not be trying to make that happen, especially for a "side" part of the game. If they don't want us to use these resources to help our regular game play then they shouldn't give them to us in the first place. It's like here's a dollar to help your game and then turning right back around and taking the dollar back, that just leaves a very sour taste in one's mouth.

Deleted User - 1178646

That's the whole problem, in order to "save" for the FA you must not craft anything that is helpful to your city in regular game play and that just is against the game and against what the MA is there for. I am not willing to sacrifice the whole rest of the game for FA and frankly I shouldn't have to. It should not be "all for FA" and nothing for the regular game. It baffles me how INNO comes up with these ideas and thinks it does anything but displease almost the entire player base. How can they think that is good for their bottom line, it's like they are living in an alternate universe. I have NEVER seen a gaming company make such horrible decisions! Are the rest of their games run the same way or is Elvenar just an experiment on how to ruin a game? Because they are systematically ruining every aspect of this game, step by step.

What do you mean?
many players do 1800 points or less in the tournaments. you do not need anything fancy for that.
Those players can easily save up as they do not need a ton of petfood or combat buildings.

It's the select few of us who understand the game and enjoy squeezing every last bit out of it. then you need all timeboosters, pet foods and combat buildings. but for joe average. they don't need anything.

Dew Spinner

What do you mean?
many players do 1800 points or less in the tournaments. you do not need anything fancy for that.
Those players can easily save up as they do not need a ton of petfood or combat buildings.

It's the select few of us who understand the game and enjoy squeezing every last bit out of it. then you need all timeboosters, pet foods and combat buildings. but for joe average. they don't need anything.
Why should I be relegated to only 1,800 pts. in tournament? That hurts my ability to harvest many more resources out of tournament to help other aspects of my game. As you said before everything is interconnected, doing less in tournament means doing less in Spire and visa versa. Why should I go without valuable resources {petfood and combat buildings} that help my city? What's the sense in having a Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear? I shouldn't have to limit my ability in the regular game to have the ability to play well in a side game. If pet food and combat buildings are ONLY for the select few then they should be in a separate part of the game not taking up valuable space in Joe Average's MA. The two things should not be mutually exclusive, all aspects of the game should be able to be played equally by all players not just a select few can do this and a select few can do that. What kind of game balance is that? I understand that higher chapter cities can do the various aspects of the game "better" than lower chapter cities and that is how it should be but all players should be able to participate in all aspects of the game without severely hurting their game play and progress in the game. The game should not be set up so it is counterproductive, making progress in this part of the game should help you make progress in other parts of the game not be a liability to other parts of the game. And BTW saying "The select few of us who "understand" the game" is highly offensive, to a lot of players.

Deleted User - 1178646

Why should I be relegated to only 1,800 pts. in tournament? That hurts my ability to harvest many more resources out of tournament to help other aspects of my game. As you said before everything is interconnected, doing less in tournament means doing less in Spire and visa versa. Why should I go without valuable resources {petfood and combat buildings} that help my city? What's the sense in having a Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear? I shouldn't have to limit my ability in the regular game to have the ability to play well in a side game. If pet food and combat buildings are ONLY for the select few then they should be in a separate part of the game not taking up valuable space in Joe Average's MA. The two things should not be mutually exclusive, all aspects of the game should be able to be played equally by all players not just a select few can do this and a select few can do that. What kind of game balance is that? I understand that higher chapter cities can do the various aspects of the game "better" than lower chapter cities and that is how it should be but all players should be able to participate in all aspects of the game without severely hurting their game play and progress in the game. The game should not be set up so it is counterproductive, making progress in this part of the game should help you make progress in other parts of the game not be a liability to other parts of the game. And BTW saying "The select few who "understand" the game" is highly offensive.

Like always choices.
I think it's good that there is at least 1 part of the game where you can't rule them all without sacrifices.

I mean best in spire, best in tournament, and then also best in FA. how boring would that be, leave somthing to other people to be best at.

Dew Spinner

Like always choices.
I think it's good that there is at least 1 part of the game where you can't rule them all without sacrifices.

I mean best in spire, best in tournament, and then also best in FA. how boring would that be, leave somthing to other people to be best at.
I can understand that philosophy, I just want to be able to participate reasonably well in FA without having to totally save every single resource involved with the MA every day and on top of that not ever be able to use my MA or take advantage of what it offers outside of a FA. Or have the alternative to that be having to hardly participate in FA at all, it shouldn't have to be either/or. I can see having to make serious choices if you want to go full out gangbusters on a FA but not the regular playing decently well in the FA. Even moderately playing the FA is a MASSIVE drain on your resources and it should not be that way. Spire and Tournament drain your resources but can be made back up in a week, it takes a long time to make up the resources that the FA sucks out of your city. I think INNO needs to seriously evaluate the entire structure of the FA, if they expect such massive resource loss to participate at a decently well level then they are going to have to give more in return. It's just not right to ask for so much and give so little in prizes.

Iyapo1

It was already lowered from 15 to 9.

7, 5 and 1 item is way to low. it will simply return the cities of death we finally got rid of.
Also it defeats the whole purpose of the badge. This badge is an excellent introduction to the MA. Players can win diamonds in the MA, every other mystical object has a chance at 500 diamonds.
This badge ties it all together and shows players what they need. Relics from the tournament or crafting. CCs from the spire or crafting. Spell frags from the spire and events. Bring it together in one badge and boom diamonds!

<----I have not opened my mystical object yet I am letting them build up. I will have 3-4 stacked by the end of the FA. I am going to open them at the end as a nice finish!

Last edited:

tiG23

I never said it was easy. I said it is possible. I said that I can make just as many badges as a chapter 17 player. I said you can make as many badges as a chapter 17 player. This badge is an equal opportunity pain in the rear.
yes, but you have numerous libraries too. a new chapter 4 or 5 cannot do it. I am in orcs and have one library. I cannot do it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have seen one other company ruin the experience for players. I used to love a certain game (I don't know if I'm allowed to say Pearl's ... I'll leave off the last name of the game just in case), but after the developers made bad decision after bad decision, I almost never play it now. It's a shame that companies do that. The MOST important thing a company can do is 1, find out who is playing their game, the demographics of a typical player, and then 2, make a random selection of that specific target group and then ask them about upcoming features, how they feel about them, how the features should be rolled out (or if they should at all), etc. And 3, LISTEN to what their focus groups have to say.

I'll never forget when I was part of one of the early focus groups for Ebay. They had done that ... determined who mostly sold on ebay and where they were located, etc. I got a phone call one day from Ebay headquarters in San Jose, California. They asked me if I'd like a 3-day trip, all expenses paid, to come to San Jose and partake of a focus group. I jumped! I hopped on the plane and was greeted at the airport by someone holding an "Ebay Focus Group" sign. He took me to a hotel where I rested until evening, when I was taken to dinner in a van along with about 20 others in the group, when I first got to meet "my" group. The real work would only happen at 7am the next day, when we were all driven from the hotel (the hotel had a scrumptious free breakfast) and taken to Ebay headquarters, where we had to sign a nondisclosure form and then were taken for a tour. Then around 9, we got down to work. They showed us what they were planning, and asked us for our ideas on what to implement and problems we saw. One thing we noticed was that we were all in our 40s and 50s, and everyone at Ebay was 30 or younger (or at least looked it). They mentioned that disconnect, which is the reason they decided to do this focus group, to understand their demographic target. The next day went the same as the first, with another great meal in the evening at an Italian restaurant. (The first night was Japanese sushi.) On our final day, we spent half a day at Ebay, telling them our final thoughts and having a little goodbye party, before they drove us to pick up our luggage and on to the airport. It was a memorable trip, didn't cost me a dime, and even better when we saw a lot of the things we discussed implemented in the following year. We felt like we were listened to. I'll never forget that trip. Inno should do something similar, so that there wouldn't always be this constant disconnect between the players and the company. They could learn a lot from their average player.

Deleted User - 1178646

I can understand that philosophy, I just want to be able to participate reasonably well in FA without having to totally save every single resource involved with the MA every day and on top of that not ever be able to use my MA or take advantage of what it offers outside of a FA. Or have the alternative to that be having to hardly participate in FA at all, it shouldn't have to be either/or. I can see having to make serious choices if you want to go full out gangbusters on a FA but not the regular playing decently well in the FA. Even moderately playing the FA is a MASSIVE drain on your resources and it should not be that way. Spire and Tournament drain your resources but can be made back up in a week, it takes a long time to make up the resources that the FA sucks out of your city. I think INNO needs to seriously evaluate the entire structure of the FA, if they expect such massive resource loss to participate at a decently well level then they are going to have to give more in return. It's just not right to ask for so much and give so little in prizes.

But you can participate resonable well as long as you do not fight for the absolute top places.
There is a tournament or spire every week. so you play it in such a way that you only use what you can rebuild in that weeks time,
But that does not prevent you from spending 3 weeks worth in a single tournament and battle for the first place does it?

It's no difference with an FA,
There is 1 every 2 months or so, so you can prepare and spend what you earn back in those 2 months time.
Or you can throw 6 months of preperation into it and go for the first place.

You and you fellowship can make that choice.

Darielle

yes, but you have numerous libraries too. a new chapter 4 or 5 cannot do it. I am in orcs and have one library. I cannot do it.
I think you are right; either that or they are talking not about what they actually do, but what they theorize is possible. Either way it doesn't really address the nuts and bolts of daily reality for players like you.

I actually have no libraries from the spire out, so I can sympathize with you, tig.

Darielle

But you can participate resonable well as long as you do not fight for the absolute top places.
There is a tournament or spire every week. so you play it in such a way that you only use what you can rebuild in that weeks time,
But that does not prevent you from spending 3 weeks worth in a single tournament and battle for the first place does it?

It's no difference with an FA,
There is 1 every 2 months or so, so you can prepare and spend what you earn back in those 2 months time.
Or you can throw 6 months of preperation into it and go for the first place.

You and you fellowship can make that choice.
Never once have I spent as many resources on any tournament week as I have on the arcane badge this week, and last week my score in tourney was over 7500. Never once. Yes, it's my choice to help my team maintain its top status, because I care about my team, but that doesn't make it fair of Inno to require that.

Deleted User - 1178646

I have seen one other company ruin the experience for players. I used to love a certain game (I don't know if I'm allowed to say Pearl's ... I'll leave off the last name of the game just in case), but after the developers made bad decision after bad decision, I almost never play it now. It's a shame that companies do that. The MOST important thing a company can do is 1, find out who is playing their game, the demographics of a typical player, and then 2, make a random selection of that specific target group and then ask them about upcoming features, how they feel about them, how the features should be rolled out (or if they should at all), etc. And 3, LISTEN to what their focus groups have to say.

I'll never forget when I was part of one of the early focus groups for Ebay. They had done that ... determined who mostly sold on ebay and where they were located, etc. I got a phone call one day from Ebay headquarters in San Jose, California. They asked me if I'd like a 3-day trip, all expenses paid, to come to San Jose and partake of a focus group. I jumped! I hopped on the plane and was greeted at the airport by someone holding an "Ebay Focus Group" sign. He took me to a hotel where I rested until evening, when I was taken to dinner in a van along with about 20 others in the group, when I first got to meet "my" group. The real work would only happen at 7am the next day, when we were all driven from the hotel (the hotel had a scrumptious free breakfast) and taken to Ebay headquarters, where we had to sign a nondisclosure form and then were taken for a tour. Then around 9, we got down to work. They showed us what they were planning, and asked us for our ideas on what to implement and problems we saw. One thing we noticed was that we were all in our 40s and 50s, and everyone at Ebay was 30 or younger (or at least looked it). They mentioned that disconnect, which is the reason they decided to do this focus group, to understand their demographic target. The next day went the same as the first, with another great meal in the evening at an Italian restaurant. (The first night was Japanese sushi.) On our final day, we spent half a day at Ebay, telling them our final thoughts and having a little goodbye party, before they drove us to pick up our luggage and on to the airport. It was a memorable trip, didn't cost me a dime, and even better when we saw a lot of the things we discussed implemented in the following year. We felt like we were listened to. I'll never forget that trip. Inno should do something similar, so that there wouldn't always be this constant disconnect between the players and the company. They could learn a lot from their average player.
to a certain extend I do agree, but it's a double edged sword.
That group had certain interests that benefit there way of using ebay. you have to be carefull not to listen too much to this group or your focus and target could become this group only.

Imagine what happens in the political world. lobby groups target politiciant to implement things that benefit them specifically and might not be the best for all.

Such a focus group could become a lobby group that benefits those in the lobby group but not the platform as a whole.
That doesn't mean such a group could have a use. powerplayers like myself for example can see the issues of moonstone sets miles ahead. and could show them the issues in the early development phase so that these kind of buildings so not enter the game in there current form.

Deleted User - 1178646

Never once have I spent as many resources on any tournament week as I have on the arcane badge this week, and last week my score in tourney was over 7500. Never once. Yes, it's my choice to help my team maintain its top status, because I care about my team, but that doesn't make it fair of Inno to require that.
consider 8 weeks of tournament. because and FA only takes place ones every 8 weeks or so, not every week.
So it makes sense that you spend more than 1 week of effort into an FA, as you have 8 weeks instead of 1 week to recover.

Iyapo1

@tiG23

I learned about the mystical object from this forum when I was in chapter 3. I was doing everything I could to open it as often as possible when the FA was changed and this badge was introduced.

I craft a lot. FA or no FA. I craft less when there is no FA. I skip the PPs, the broken shards, the VVs, the orc strategists, the festival merchants, culture building I already have, RRs, non-CC relics.
Because I skip those things I am able to gradually build up enough of a surplus between FAs to allow me to craft everything during the FA except broken shards, RRs and PPs.

It is not easy. But players can run the MA 24/7 by chapter 4. Relics are actually the biggest initial hurdle.

I have three cities two chapter 7 and a chapter 5. My chapter 5 is the only city with moonstone sets out(3).

Last edited:

jesikrey

Right now my MA has crafting items that require 6,7, 8 and 2 CC hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!! the VV that is giving me are 14, 10 16 and 2. Is hilarious! I dont have that many CCs, I only have four and three of those came from my library set!

Dew Spinner

That would be so wonderful! As a first step they could listen to their Beta Community! Beta told them repeatedly that the Moonstone set was going to be disastrous and they still went ahead with it without the needed changes.

Darielle

to a certain extend I do agree, but it's a double edged sword.
That group had certain interests that benefit there way of using ebay. you have to be carefull not to listen too much to this group or your focus and target could become this group only.

Imagine what happens in the political world. lobby groups target politiciant to implement things that benefit them specifically and might not be the best for all.

Such a focus group could become a lobby group that benefits those in the lobby group but not the platform as a whole.
That doesn't mean such a group could have a use. powerplayers like myself for example can see the issues of moonstone sets miles ahead. and could show them the issues in the early development phase so that these kind of buildings so not enter the game in there current form.
Yeah, they brought out a focus group annually from different parts of the world; I was part of the early ones back in 2002. It's important to have more than one group, from more than one area of the world (it's strange how the same age groups from two different parts of the world can like such different things), and then form a consensus. If every group is telling you something is bad, no matter how fond you are of it as a company, it's probably bad. But relying on one group would not be a good thing, that's true. It sure beats relying on your own company's intuition, though.

Deleted User - 1178646

That would be so wonderful! As a first step they could listen to their Beta Community! Beta told them repeatedly that the Moonstone set was going to be disastrous and they still went ahead with it without the needed changes.

My exactr wording where it's a ticking timebomb. it's no issue now but it will explode.
off course I also explained why it would explode.

This is off course a bad example as it's blatantly obvious. but the beta community is very muchg skewed towards the hyperactive side. which represent only a fraction of the players.
We had a game designer in the past who listened very well to the "community"

This is why certain safeguards were removed from for example the endless quests. we all know the result of that one do we? (20 mermaids paradise and 8 brown bears anyone?)
Listening "to the community" is not always the right thing to do. it also neglects the 98% of the other players who arent as vocal as the 2%.