• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

Iyapo1

@helya I would really like to join in on the scouting conversation but I flat out refuse to do so on the Misty Forest Event Thread.

Could you move this whole debate to it's own thread?

huffette

It can turn into a roadblock when you have no pet food and you are fighting in provinces that are "very hard" I say this because that's where I am sitting at the moment. I disenchanted pet food eons ago. So now I wait for the pet food to come up on the Magic Academy or keep trying to fight unwinnable battles.
I know of at least 6 smaller/ newer cities around me and and members alt cities that are also stuck on Quest 17. They don't have pet and cannot beat very hard provs.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I’ve got to say here that the players I discussed a few days ago have all been able to craft one or more pet food now. The newest city who has no pets I did tell to disenchant one. They have moved on now. It did not turn out to be as big of a problem as I thought. I suggested doing a few chests in the Spire since the smallest city just got into chapter 3 and they were able to get enough spell fragments to craft the pet food. Thankfully, problem solved :) It helped to know that catering it isn’t possible to not get the first 3 chests unless you are sleeping since it’s 3 items & 3 tries.

Tehya1

well, since I changed my tude, I am enjoying the event. I probably won't finish and probably won't get all 9 artifacts, but I saved and got a few good buildings and I want only two more. Everything else will be icing.

I really like the format. A lot of the prizes are disappointing because you can get them every week in the spire and tourney, but I like having a choice beyond simply rolling dice.

StarLoad

well, since I changed my tude, I am enjoying the event. I probably won't finish and probably won't get all 9 artifacts, but I saved and got a few good buildings and I want only two more. Everything else will be icing.

I really like the format. A lot of the prizes are disappointing because you can get them every week in the spire and tourney, but I like having a choice beyond simply rolling dice.
In my new Chapter 3 city, those prizes are a huge benefit and I love them more than the bldgs that I will disenchant for Frags.

BrinDarby

It helped to know that catering it isn’t possible to not get the first 3 chests unless you are sleeping since it’s 3 items & 3 tries.
The 1st 4 fights in the Spire are no harder than round 1 Prov 1,3,4,5 in tournament....

By the way, does anyone have ballpark figures on how many spirits(cats)
are earned per 420pkg of lights ??? say compared to PO box @ 400 per 20 pts earned ????

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
10 of the 420-cost packs used so far, with 172 cats, so about 17 cats per pack.

Once you are to the daily lock, it takes 4 days to buy another pack. 15 days left and half way to another pack, so 4 more packs for sure. At 17 per, that is another 68. Plus the 172, that is 240, which is also about where I finished on Beta. 1 artifact short of maxing the building.

And on that note, Silver league on Beta was 253, so only 5% of the players there completed the building.

MagicPagan

I suppose buying KP is a good way to bleed off excess boosted goods. Good thing it is, or I wouldn't be playing very well. I have a lower level player who is not participating due to the buying of KP.
I have four Ch. 7 cities. I've quit buying KP. This weekend, the quest appeared in each city every 4th quest. It is a total waste of resources I need for spire and tournament, and I think a lot of players don't realize until it's too late that buying 32 KP (12/8/12) in one day is also just jacking up the cost of KP when you really want to buy it.

I'm just collecting the little turds as they fall, and from the daily rewards. Some developer had a fight with his/her SO when writing the quests for this event and took all that anger out at the players.

Tehya1

It seems plausable that the kp quest is a big blatant money grab, because it is tempting to buy kp with diamonds if you don't have enough goods to purchase them. The buy kp isnt fair in what is supposed to be a ftp game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It seems plausable that the kp quest is a big blatant money grab, because it is tempting to buy kp with diamonds if you don't have enough goods to purchase them. The buy kp isnt fair in what is supposed to be a ftp game.

My advice to my small FS members is to just buy a couple each time they go into the game. It may take a couple of days to get past those but if they don't have the resources to buy that much KP and still play their game I see that as the only viable alternative. FYI, I have never bought KP with diamonds even though I think I have spent diamonds on just about everything else at one time or another.