• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Event Advice?

BrinDarby

Not including helpers/drops, there's enough currency for aprox 8 boards. ( 400/per )
There's Mglass(reveal 2 boxes not collect) & the 2x(self explanitory). These
build up so aren't directly available each board. ( plus a shuffle option,
thats basically a waste in 85% of the senarios)

Worst case is 400 per board , but if mag glass is used that can be cut to 350,
and thats if you don't reveal anything ya want to use the 2x on...... If you hit
the daily within 4 trys, then perhaps a shuffle is ok....
If you play the full board, you're guarentee'd 1 daily, 2 smaller bldgs, and
any + to GP pts. I usually won't use the 2x unless either something good is
revealed, or I've gone thru 8+ trys already. (25%+ chance of hitt'n ur target)

Some days I will try 4 shots @ xtra GP pts/daily/bldgs even if that daily
isn't something I really want..... because the smaller stuff might be target.

Gkyr

Chef
Winter Event advice from our Archmage (Inyri), copied and pasted with permission. Any errors are my responsibility for not correcting any updates:

Platinum leaf has a good overview + quest list. Building stats are limited to elementals chapter.

iDavis' portal has a nice breakdown of all the daily building stats by chapter. Here:

Buildings highlights:
3x3 Goblin Shop (Day 1)is one of the absolute best pop heavy hybrids in game. So far it does not repeat ( still a few days left on beta event), so plan to speed through the quests if you want several copies.

The next decent hybrid is 3x3 Winter Star, then comes 4x3 Snowball Hut.(Day 8) [It's worse than Goblin Shop, and Caligraphy Class from 2 events back, but comparable to Unexpected Morning by pop per tile. It's a new building, so it has a good chance of being repeated towards the end of event.]

For pure culture 2x3 Goblin Sleigh (Day 13 and 18) has better culture per tile than 3x3 Sled Tunnel Network (Day 2). Sled Tunnel is a new building and will likely repeat later in the event. (It's also pretty!)

Both mana producers offered in this event have population component, so their mana per tile yield isn't high. 3x3 Frozen Owl Cave (Day 10) has better mana yield out of the two. 3x3 Candy Cane Factory (Day 3) has more pop.

All of the seed producers in this event are very inferior to craftable festival merchant (surprise! :p). If you must get any of them then 3x1 Elvenade Logistics Center (day 9)is slightly better than 2x4 Ice Slide (Day 5 and 19), and 4x3 Magical Supply Station (Day 15) is a lot worse than both of them.

No portal profit instant is offered yet; 20 KP instant on Day 6; 10 Squads Blossom Mages Instant on Day 17

There is still one week of the event left on beta, so there will probably be some more repeats :)

Thanks to Inyri. :)

Hello, I might be missing it, or it might not even be posted, but someone used to post a nice spreadsheet with the daily quests that you could checkoff for each world? Has anyone seen that for this event? I loved that!

No, it was a spreadsheet with all the quests and all the worlds and you could checkoff each quest as you completed them in each world. There were tabs on the bottom that would tell you the daily prizes and other things about the event in a very precise manner. The spreadsheet was awesome if you were in many worlds. You could simply check off what you did for each world. You could hide what you didn't need. Well put together. I just forgot who put it together and I have moved to a different FS. I am fairly new to the game but I was told it was always on the forum.

rvtdragon1

No, it was a spreadsheet with all the quests and all the worlds and you could checkoff each quest as you completed them in each world. There were tabs on the bottom that would tell you the daily prizes and other things about the event in a very precise manner. The spreadsheet was awesome if you were in many worlds. You could simply check off what you did for each world. You could hide what you didn't need. Well put together. I just forgot who put it together and I have moved to a different FS. I am fairly new to the game but I was told it was always on the forum.

Go to the second post on this thread, from SoggyShorts. I believe that is what you are looking for.

MaryJane52

Try to keep a few easier provinces unscouted, because you will definitely be asked to scout provinces in this event. Also, save some (or make some in the MA) MM spells for when you need to produce goods. When they say "produce" goods, you'll have to make them; you won't be able to buy them in the trader, so MM spells will really help get you through those.

Oh, and make sure to look on Elvengems for the list of daily prizes, and save your currency to spend on the days that there is really something good to get.
Elvengems has nothing for the event

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They will. Sometimes they're a little slow because they're volunteers and life happens, but it will come. :)

More that it seems like @Lelanya is the only one still updating that site and there is way too much that has to be done there for just one person to not fall way behind. For example, it seems like all the people who worked on putting up the chapter guides and chapter quest lists quit working on the site almost two years ago.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
More that it seems like @Lelanya is the only one still updating that site and there is way too much that has to be done there for just one person to not fall way behind. For example, it seems like all the people who worked on putting up the chapter guides and chapter quest lists quit working on the site almost two years ago.
Sadly, I am not the only one. But this is a team effort to get what done that we can. We all work for a living! And there has been some ill health on our team. :(