• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

rvtdragon1

Thanks. Now to find out why we can't see them. Possibly that I'm on PC? Was that an issue earlier?

I am pretty sure you can only see the saved points on the Tournament screen you access on the World Map. I cannot figure out how to take a screen shot but there is a green plus on that screen and not the one you see from the Fellowship Overview screen.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sorry, I meant prior to the start of LAST weeks Spire and Tourney.

Perks were not added until Monday of last week, the day after the Spire started, so buying the Spire perk could not have happened for a few days after that, and I am not sure if that meant Spire points could be stored last week or not.

SunsetDanar

Perks were not added until Monday of last week, the day after the Spire started, so buying the Spire perk could not have happened for a few days after that, and I am not sure if that meant Spire points could be stored last week or not.

It did happen and like has just been said points are available now that I know where to look.

Cleo7311

We do need a notice similar to the Adventure pulling the flag. Someone spent our points on a perk the FS had NOT discussed. No idea yet if it was accidental or not.

Cleo7311

A confirmation like that to spend the stored points would be even better... Having no mages in the FS would stop the problem, but tends to cause other problems.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Cleo7311
There is a confirmation window to spend the stored points for the next Spire bubble or next Tourney chest. The place there's no confirmation window is in spending XP points to increase Perk levels. So, the person spending the points got a window that looks like this (from the Wiki for the Spire Archived points; there is a similar pic there for the tourney):
Tournament Archive Confirmation Window2.png
@helya there's a text error in the Wiki Spire Archive confirmation window. This is obviously the window for the Spire, but says 'Tournament' Archive:
Tournament Archive Confirmation Window.png

Killy-

@Killy- You must mean that you played with it on Beta if you have played with it for over a month. Live is only in 2nd week. You did not explain before you got sarcastic. Hence, rather than a helpful conversation after I clarified what is in the video we fell into tit for tat. Done! Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

German server - we have the knowledge perk on level 8 by now (actually don't know for how many weeks we have the feature). I do not intend to state my qualifications for answering a yes or no question.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
German server - we have the knowledge perk on level 8 by now (actually don't know for how many weeks we have the feature). I do not intend to state my qualifications for answering a yes or no question.

No problem! Please do not reply to me going forward if you have no real intention to be helpful. It does not appear to be credible to say you have knowledge for a longer period of time than the feature has been available on the servers that this forum is for. Kind of like the reason we have the News From Beta separate. Seems like a duh moment to me.:rolleyes: I value responses from the many players who don’t think it is below them to include some explanation.

At least I was able to use the tournament perk today. It was nice to show my FS that it is a positive thing.

Adding: It was also a happy, happy, joy, joy moment today when I made #1 on Elcy :cool: Never thought that would happen! It probably won’t last long but for today it was really nice.

Last edited:

Sir Bently

I hope im wrong but as the old saying goes the writing is on the wall
I really don't see this ending well and as Elven Jewell said it's not fair to good players, I just see power hungry leader in most cases but as I mentioned I hope I'm wrong We shall see !

Yogi Dave

Hi, I truly don’t understand how the Perks work, is there a tutorial that I can watch or instructions anywhere. Cheers
There isn't really a tutorial and no matter where you look, you will probably be left with questions. I still have some but am learning as I go. There is a learning curve, but it seems to get easier with use and asking questions. Don't be too afraid to make mistakes. If you are not the AM or a mage, there aren't any you can make. If you are, be sure to communicate with your FS or AM before choosing or resetting perks. At least then, if mistakes are made, they are in the open and an 'oops' is better heard. @Deborah M's are good places. The wiki also has info about how it works and what it does. You may find that to be a good reference for it. Wiki Fellowship Progression Link

Asking specific questions after doing a little research may be the best way to go. Don't be shy. Questions aren't dumb. Not asking them may be. Even if the answers are somewhere buried in these 11 pages and growing, someone may have a better way to answer the question that connects with you.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I hope im wrong but as the old saying goes the writing is on the wall
I really don't see this ending well and as Elven Jewell said it's not fair to good players, I just see power hungry leader in most cases but as I mentioned I hope I'm wrong We shall see !

The flip side of that is that I find myself as Archmage second guessing what I should do. Seems like a lot of players are totally noncommittal about their preferences. I just keep thinking that may be the case until somebody feels slighted because I don't pick what they are looking for. I really am hoping to get more feedback once players get the hang of how the perks work so I don't have to worry about it.

Yogi Dave

The flip side of that is that I find myself as Archmage second guessing what I should do. Seems like a lot of players are totally noncommittal about their preferences. I just keep thinking that may be the case until somebody feels slighted because I don't pick what they are looking for. I really am hoping to get more feedback once players get the hang of how the perks work so I don't have to worry about it.
I suspect a lot of it is the newness of it. My FS had a little discussion about which ones to do. The few responses were the KP exchange and the spire. For the moment, we've chosen the spire since we are planning our 1st push for Jan. 2. We are going to do a reset on the 31st after the spire completes and switch to the FS for 1 day to bank some points for it. When we get a total of 625K xp, we may be switching and sticking with the KP exchange since 5kp a day will work better with our net0 AW program. At the moment, those are just our thoughts, but we will see as the system becomes better known and people become comfortable with it, seeing the strengths and weaknesses of the perks will help them help us make better choices. We do plan to try them all so people see if they really do help the members of the FS as a whole.

edeba

FS have different needs. My FS always gets gold in the spire so that perk is useless for us. If you don't quite have the strength for it, then it could be useful.

I think the NH perk is poorly designed as I think it should also reduce the length of time between being able to do NH. So it would be better if each level took off 30 minutes and added the 4 hours. I seem to miss that 23hours for NH a lot and my time cycles forward. I never miss it on the 21 hour moonstone library sets. I don't see this one as all that helpful for a well functioning FS. I don't see how the NH perk helps FS that do not do well on NH because the leveling to get the perk is beyond the capacity of a poorly functioning FS, so I question how helpful an extra 4 hours is when NH is only happening 2-3 times per week. So it just leaves me wondering who the beneficial target is supposed to be with this perk. I can see reducing the time between visit as beneficial for a well functioning FS.

The maximum benefit from the tournament archive is half a chest, which gives 10kp, so 5kp. So one week you store a bunch of tournament points and the next week you use them and get an extra chest. 4 levels on this one is probably enough to achieve this and I think more is getting on the wasteful side. The benefits are a little more hidden, but we started with 3 levels here to give 7500 tournament archive storage.

The kp perk is very straight forward and if you went for this perk everyone could already be collecting an extra 3kp/day to put in someone else's AW. It think it is the most sure thing perk.

Yogi Dave

The kp perk is very straight forward and if you went for this perk everyone could already be collecting an extra 3kp/day to put in someone else's AW. It think it is the most sure thing perk.
I agree. In the long run, this will be the best one.

I'd seen it posted that the amount saved was a hard limit. Now, I've seen this is true. It's not that I didn't trust what was written, it was my understanding of it I didn't trust and was hoping that was the problem. So now I can get ticked off about it.

When I read about the perks, I thought they were cumulative, but could only add the max each week. If you got the max one week and stayed at the same level without using them the next week's perk would get added giving you double what you had. Example: If you were level 1 with the spire and got the 50 points and the next week you do the same, you don't have 100 in the bank. You just have 50. Pretty much a waste and make it close to a 'use it or lose it' each week if you don't increase your level. Not much like a bank. What good is it if you can't add to your account? If you had upgraded to level 2 that week, then you would only have to get another 50 to reach the 100 limit. So, there is that, but still very weak. There is the same problem with the tourney archive. :( Very, very disappointing.