• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new questline event starts in Beta on Thursday - so it looks like we are not getting a Fellowship Adventures.
I will post full details in a Google Doc just as soon as I have more information, probably on the day it starts.
Happy New Year!!
:)
Almost certainly we will get those multi-purpose artifacts in Tomes in the next event to give us the choice to finish our evolving building - and I suspect that may be why they invented them, so we could have fewer 'compulsory' FA's.
If that is the case, many of us will heave a sigh of relief...
:)

271192045_10220341910118495_2836717115376682268_n.jpg

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Before the Sorcerer's homecoming event you could secure all the necessary artifacts with ease if you did all quests non stop. From that Sorcerer's event on, the event design changed, no matter how hard you tried you'd be always short 2 artifacts. However, you could get those from the following FA if you were in an active fellowship. As for the set buildings such as the pilgrim's manor of the Sorcerer's event set..good luck, I'm in an active fellowship and only a couple of members managed to score the last piece, the pilgrim's forge. Every body was hoping it showed up in the MA, which it never did.
It is still possible to win all the artifacts in an event now, it is just much harder than it once was. Before they cut back the amount of event currency offered I always got a fully evolved building and a 2nd evolving building base in every event. Since the change, I still get a full building but have only gotten the 2nd base in the Misty Forest. It is going to be very close in this event. Will depend on if I can hit bonus presents on the final board tonight.

The Unbeliever

Before the Sorcerer's homecoming event you could secure all the necessary artifacts with ease if you did all quests non stop. From that Sorcerer's event on, the event design changed, no matter how hard you tried you'd be always short 2 artifacts. However, you could get those from the following FA if you were in an active fellowship. As for the set buildings such as the pilgrim's manor of the Sorcerer's event set..good luck, I'm in an active fellowship and only a couple of members managed to score the last piece, the pilgrim's forge. Every body was hoping it showed up in the MA, which it never did.
It is still possible to win all the artifacts in an event now, it is just much harder than it once was. Before they cut back the amount of event currency offered I always got a fully evolved building and a 2nd evolving building base in every event. Since the change, I still get a full building but have only gotten the 2nd base in the Misty Forest. It is going to be very close in this event. Will depend on if I can hit bonus presents on the final board tonight.
The Sorc's event was hyper screwed up on the bonus currency from the 3 rotating chests...
Normally, even on a 'poor' run, I can still usually garner at least 600-650 bonus currency via the rotating chests, but that Sorc's event? Holy feth was the RNG used beyond a clusterfeth! My main city ended up with maybe 450-500 bonus currency at the absolute most, while my E-world city was lucky if it pulled in maybe 300 extra currencies... yet we know that while it seemed most players got royally ganked, some lucky gits got well over 1k and more.
I'd call the Sorc's event an outlier since it seemed there was only extreme 'feast or famine' on the bonus currencies end, and hitting an 'average' of around 700 or so via the chests is usually required to ensure a full 9 artifacts/full set building. ;)

Other than the Sorc's event dumpster fire, I've made the full 9 artifacts in each event, plus bonus Lv1 bases in the Elvarian Games + Halloween events... (while I spent a few dias in Halloween, I had the base building already, and used the dias purely to squeeze into the Gold league.;))
I missed out on a 2nd base building by just 3 pts for the Red Panda, but I'm not really fused over that one, so I just left it.:p
Likewise this Winter event, I'm not a huge fan of Boblin's, so I'm not fused about pushing for the Tome to get a 2nd base of it, or a 2nd Owl/Gingerbread...

We'll see what 2022 brings, but unless the devs finally grow a pair and stop nerfing the hell out of every new building for fear that some people will have hurt feelings, I don't foresee myself dropping much if any $$$ to ensure a 2nd base building. :(

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Seems nowadays, without a fully evolved/fed Ashton Phoenix,
if you want your 9th artifact.... pay for it, one way or another.
I mean, it's easy to have a negativity bias but I don't have an Ashen Phoenix and in the last Autumn Zodiac event, when my city was much smaller (entered chapter 4 several days into the event), I not only got all 9 artefacts but finished with a second base and an extra artefact. I did not spend any money or diamonds to do so. I did feel like I got quite lucky with winning extra keys, so maybe that was a 1 in a million chance, but it is a real data point that happened, not just a hypothetical "Well, theoretically, if a player got lucky enough..." kind of thing.

Maybe you'll be the lucky one in the next event! :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Seems nowadays, without a fully evolved/fed Ashton Phoenix,
if you want your 9th artifact.... pay for it, one way or another.
I am betting that the next fellowship adventure will offer a sorcery. That sorcery will offer a choice of a Boblin's artifact or an artifact from the upcoming event. If they use a system like this for all future FAs, there would still be an opportunity for players who fall short to get extra artifacts, but the overall frequency of FAs can be cut in half.

Tehya1

I am betting that the next fellowship adventure will offer a sorcery. That sorcery will offer a choice of a Boblin's artifact or an artifact from the upcoming event. If they use a system like this for all future FAs, there would still be an opportunity for players who fall short to get extra artifacts, but the overall frequency of FAs can be cut in half.
I hope you are right, though fas are really fun for our fs in khel! :p

BrinDarby

@Henroo ,
If they are cut in half, then instead of 2 per FA, you'll get 1 per FA ...
Your post said, even for you, overall currency is down. Not sure if you
have an Ashton, my guess is yes... some get 8 some 9, so for those whom
historically need'd 2 from the FA, they'll only get 1.... we all know 1 short
is far worse than 2 short, mentally that is.

BrinDarby

@Henroo ,
if we did event A and event B, then a FA ... that FA would have to give
(2) each of A and B, so if it gives only (2) total of A or B, thats still 2 short.
Since they wont revamp FAs, I'm all for less of them. I see this as a way to
nerf the 2 per FA now, to basically 1 per FA.

Iyapo1

@BrinDarby
At this point the award of sorceries that give an option for the previous two events is nothing but speculation. It is not a reality just a speculation.

Asking for the FAs to happen less often and asking that the prizes be doubled to make up for it is a bit much imo.

The Unbeliever

@Henroo ,
If they are cut in half, then instead of 2 per FA, you'll get 1 per FA ...
Your post said, even for you, overall currency is down. Not sure if you
have an Ashton, my guess is yes... some get 8 some 9, so for those whom
historically need'd 2 from the FA, they'll only get 1.... we all know 1 short
is far worse than 2 short, mentally that is.
This would matter if the grand prizes in general were for once worth actually going after... sadly, outside of 3-4 evos, the rest are generally 'meh' to complete crap, so missing out on 1-2 artifacts is only a disaster if you really, really, love the artwork. :p
(...and I'll be the first to admit, the artwork here is league ahead of FoE!)

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have an evo or two that would for example, give a perma-boost to all our units' HP, (ie: @Lv10, say a 10% HP boost) And/or a new evo that gives out a % boost to goods production (including sentient + ascended goods), plus why not a perma +5-10% troop production boost? (early game chapters especially would kill for something like this!!)
Or maybe a building that gives out spell frags + CC's as a secondary source to the Spire Library. (since they're now capped at 1 max) Hell, even a set building that @ full boosts could give say +5%atk & +10%HP boosts?!!

Just, please, something beyond yet more boring mediocre goods/mana/seed production with some non-existent pop + culture tacked on for the sole purpose of neutering the other main bonuses.

Tehya1

We wouldn't need to have as many FAs with double Tomes if players had a more reasonable chance of getting a fully evolved building by the end of events, and by reasonable, I mean reasonable for players like me, who make steady progress through the event, finish all the quests, and still come up short on keys, cats, bunnies, whatever and cant get the last artifact.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
We wouldn't need to have as many FAs with double Tomes if players had a more reasonable chance of getting a fully evolved building by the end of events, and by reasonable, I mean reasonable for players like me, who make steady progress through the event, finish all the quests, and still come up short on keys, cats, bunnies, whatever and cant get the last artifact.
It once was easier. The daily log in bonus used to be more and the value of each quest used to be more. And it was relatively easy for every player who completed the event to get a fully evolved building. Then there was an event about a year ago when they cut it back. In fact, Beta got the original point values for daily log-in bonuses and quests and we got the reduced amounts. I can't remember which event this was. Perhaps someone else does? Any way, every event since has been relatively lean on available event currency.

Deleted User - 4718376

I mean, it's easy to have a negativity bias but I don't have an Ashen Phoenix and in the last Autumn Zodiac event, when my city was much smaller (entered chapter 4 several days into the event), I not only got all 9 artefacts but finished with a second base and an extra artefact. I did not spend any money or diamonds to do so.

So you're the balance to my poor luck! Ever since the Ashen Phoenix, I've had to rely on the FA to get the extra artifact to level my evolving building to 10.

I was foolish enough to use my Ashen Phoenix artifacts to trade for Phoenix ones to level the fire phoenix. Oh, I regret that.

It seems strange that completing all quests does not enable a player to complete their building. It's like you put in all that work and still aren't quite good enough to "win" the event. Pity those poor new players that don't have an Ashen Phoenix. They must be wondering what they're doing wrong to fail the events so often.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It seems strange that completing all quests does not enable a player to complete their building.

It does, but it ends up coming down to your luck in the event. Also, for years now, the events have been set up so that you can try for lots of daily prizes/multiples of the same prize or to complete the evolving building, but not both without some good luck.

BrinDarby

I can't remember which event this was. Perhaps someone else does?
It was the Ashton Phoenix event, after that currency got leaner.... (nerf'd)

I used to think that the FA was there to balance out the possibility of
a bad RnG, and its logical to say that.... to promote FA play, its built in
that you don't quite hit 260, even with good play. Yet, then to say... even
with a neutral/good RnG outcome you still need the FA, then to not have
said FA.... to this reader, thats adsurd.

What we've ended up with, is because of the lure of that all important
FirePhoenix, too many ppl pass'd on the AshtonPhoenix and jumped all
over converting thier arfacts, thus forever making every event harder to
complete. It was right after the FirePhoenix was available to newer players
that the Ashton Ph event happened. The Devs nerf'd overall currency after
the Ashton Ph event, just like they do everywhere in this game where its
basically 2 steps fwd and 3 steps back. Everything good we're given, is then
rebalanced out so its basically a wash....

There is a breakdown here... either the Devs are incompetent, or mgmt won't
spend the cost to pay the Devs to properly balance the game as players
progress.... WithouT !!! punishing newer players un-necessarilly....

Status
Not open for further replies.