• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Winter Magic discussion

DeletedUser26654

Is there a list of daily prizes? I’ll like to save up my keys for some awesome daily goodies especially after having to restart my city with it accidentally being deleted yesterday. Helya restarted me up with a bunch of keys and I want to use them wisely and at the moment I don’t need that many supplies.
yeah, in Elvengems, under the quests for the Winter Magic Event. Too bad they weren't accurate.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah, this was sooo messed up! The quests on the page in elvengems do NOT match up to the quests in the game so, half the time you think you're prepping for the next quest, only to find it's nothing like it's described. Way to go!
Did the list change just recently? I checked it against my own Beta test list. There is an issue with the word element 'AND', don't think I didn't point this out, either, I sure did. We had an uploader down with the plague, what can you do? So yeah, the daily prize list isn't finished.

I of course have my personal notes on the Discord server that I maintain for my fellows but ... how can I put this tactfully? I build a good mix of players in my fellowships, and, well, going by your tone here, I don't think you are Iceni material. :confused:

DeletedUser26654

Sorry, don't know how my list was different from those who responded but it was enough times to throw it off.
And, the comment, " and, well, going by your tone here, I don't think you are Iceni material.", I have no idea what an Iceni is, nor do I much care, but thanks for responding.

Zoof

I've noticed that the quests deviated a slight bit from the spreadsheet both between myself and some of the others in my fellowship. Perhaps it's chapter-related? Either way, it felt accurate enough for my dinky little ch 7/8 city to be able to track where I'm at from context alone (as opposed to knowing how many quests that have been completed).

Also, I must've gotten real lucky with my city in the event. Managed to get the owl avatar, and looking back at things, I might've been able to reach the prize after that if I had caught onto the strat of stopping for the day when you get all the x2-x4 presents, and not gunned so hard for the sweet, sweet trees.

The contest sure helped, though. Free 100 keys for a poem and a screencap. The new owl avatar finally lets me look how I feel: Fluffy and an absolute hoot in chat

Zoof

@all
Anyone know what the last daily prize is/will be?
Thanks.
Magical Supply Station. It is live right now, as this is the last daily in the event.

EDIT: There's always a few extra hours attached to the final day. I don't remember the rationale behind it, but it's quite convenient

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
EDIT: There's always a few extra hours attached to the final day. I don't remember the rationale behind it, but it's quite convenient.

To make the days exact. The first day of each event is only 15 hours long, so we get another 9 hours at the end of the event to make a full day. Before this was changed, a 23 day event was actually 22 days and 15 hours. Plus this was done so that the folks at Inno in Germany would be at work at the end of the event, in case of glitches.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
That's not a FS advertisement, it's a link to another quest list.
Yeah, this was sooo messed up! The quests on the page in elvengems do NOT match up to the quests in the game so, half the time you think you're prepping for the next quest, only to find it's nothing like it's described. Way to go!
And where is the list that you have provided to other players free of charge?
Elvengems is player made as is TomatoeHu's list (the above link)

So would you like a refund?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Although there are no more quests left, the event does not end until 5AM eastern time tomorrow. Does anybody know if there will be another 30 key daily reward after midnight?

Sprite1313

I really want to "like" this multiple times.

And unlimited gratitude to the folks in ElvenGems (like @Lelanya) and to other players like @TomatoeHu and @Jackluyt who put in so much personal time to give us tools and information to help with our game play.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Although there are no more quests left, the event does not end until 5AM eastern time tomorrow. Does anybody know if there will be another 30 key daily reward after midnight?

Just like for the past year+ of events, nope, and the daily prize will stay the same for the final 9 hours, but the board will still shuffle when those 9 hours start, so I hope people are not saving their current set of boxes til the last minute.

DeletedUser26654

Response to reply #1: Look again. If you want to call me out, do it correctly. The link was NOT what I was referring to.

hoopity

Here are my results at the end of the event. Significantly less variation than Misty Forest, but same average results.

Code:
World       Score
Arendyll    261
Winyandor   255
Felyndral   251
Khelonaar   252
Elcysandir  264
Sinya Arda  258
Ceravyn     252
Harandar    256

Average     256.13
95% CI   +/-3.2