• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Shard changes

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Where is the benefit in this? If we give somebody say 750 KP to level up an AW but they will take at least weeks to be able to give away that much then they are just screwed for weeks or even months? Why would they do that to the little guys most would want to help? I literally have someone wanting to quit because they can't participate in anything AW related now for indefinite length of time. Plus, I feel terrible now that I gave away tons of KP to people who are now going to be blocked for a very long time. I don't really care in my city since it is not a big deal to me but I do care about my Fellowship

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Our KP swap threads are a disaster! Members are having to say "I owe *insert name* x number of KP because I cannot donate to them. I am really wishing they had never started this!!!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I understand the need for the implementation of such a mechanism (avoid abuse by push accts), but it’s weird they chose to just surprise people with it and have people learn about it when it’s triggered.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I understand the need for the implementation of such a mechanism (avoid abuse by push accts), but it’s weird they chose to just surprise people with it and have people learn about it when it’s triggered.

I completely agree! I had no idea I was going to lock up those I was donating to. I still have a whole lot more to give out but now I can't imagine how to do that without it being a detriment to those I donate to :(

Just to be clear. I don't give a rat's back side whether I am locked. I'm not even sure whether I am or not but I have plenty anyway. I do know I received a bunch just because there are only a few of us with high level AW that others won't have access to for a very long time. I do care about feeling tricked into doing something detrimental to others when I was very happy to be able to think I was helping them.

Sorry for another add. So if the locked cities give out enough to get unlocked then it seems to me that we are going to be in a vicious circle because they will lock up the ones they donate too. How do we ever know if we are going to lock somebody out? Anybody know? Or are we just stumbling around blindly with this?

@helya Is there any guidance on this at all?

Last edited:

crackie

My FS is doing ok with it so far but I was warning the FS in chat like a parrot with turrets leading up to it going live. Only one person got locked out and it’s because he had been preoccupied with a bad snowstorm yesterday. However, it seems the lock could be wonder specific. Someone was able to donate to a different wonder. Also, when snowman returned from hiatus and donated out, we couldn’t donate to him until we logged out or refreshed. Unless it seemed it’s wonder specific due to timing of his return and we just hadn’t refreshed yet?

Hawk1911

@helya Don't let all the complaints deter you and Inno from making good and positive changes to the game. This was a good change because it allows the players to use a stockpiled item for something useful. My one comment/feedback to Inno is that this is probably one of the most significant changes to the game in over a year and we probably dont know the full ramifications of the change and where the new equilibrium will be. In my opinion, this is on par with the Fire Phoenix and how that one building changed the battlefield.

To everyone who is having trouble,
This game has always been about a slow and steady progression. Why now, all of the sudden do you feel the need to rush and build everything, push thousands of kp to your friends, etc? What happened to a balanced and steady progression? Have you considered that your Fellows may not have wanted the boost and want to do it in their own? The generosity is a virtue! But it may have been misguided by the excitement of the new ability.

Enjoy the change, have fun with it, but do not forget your 'long game.' Excerise patience and good judgment and this will turn out to be an excellent addition to the game.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Hawk1911 If you are talking to me you should know I have played this game for 6+ years. So let me get this straight. On the forum it seems to rush players to be able to do tournament, spire, events, Fellowship Adventures, etc. But hey, don’t help them grow the helps that make that possible! Are you serious?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Where is the benefit in this?
Anti-pushing that we've been asking for for years.
I literally have someone wanting to quit because they can't participate in anything AW related now for indefinite length of time.
Unless it's different on live than on beta you get an additional allowance each day, so if your FS simply stops pushing the little guys then in 24h they will be able to participate in fair swaps again.
Also, when they complete a wonder they get an additional allowance equal to the chests from that wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya Is there any guidance on this at all?
Everything will even out once the initial frenzy is over. That's about all I can say about this. My Fellowship has a very small player (orcs) and everyone else is in the last 2 chapters. We've managed to keep the small player out of a lock while still helping them, it would take a lot of free Wonder levels to block someone and that was never the intention of the Rune shard donations. Specifically, that would be considered pushing since pushing is unequal donations of goods or KP. The expectation would be that players are returning most of the Knowledge points they are receiving.

Feel free to discuss the limit itself, but any numbers provided regarding them will be removed.

crackie

@helya Can you (are you allowed to?) comment if the lock mechanism is wonder specific or what we experienced is just good timing?

Hawk1911

@Deborah M I am not suggesting to not helping our friends. I am simply suggesting that there is plenty of time and no need to rush. The community this game has created is what has made this game fun for me. It is about growth, development, generosity, assistance and all the good traits people should exhibit in our society. (Unlike so many other games that are about destruction and chaos)

@Alram I'm not 100% sure you are making a joke or if that is commentary on the situation...or...maybe both lol ;)

I'm seeing significant uptick in our KP swap thread and people are having fun. Like Helya said, it will level out at some point. Also, it makes completing the 6th round in tournament much more worthwhile!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Can you (are you allowed to?) comment if the lock mechanism is wonder specific or what we experienced is just good timing?

It is player-specific, as in, from the Beta forums, once someone gets a certain amount dumped on them, combined across all AWs, without them having a chance to give any out, no one else will be able to give them anything until they give some out or upgrade the full AWs or a couple of days go by. I thought it got mentioned in the Beta Spoiler thread, maybe not, but basically do not KP-bomb someone when they are not online to help people back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
We are doing somewhat even swaps back & forth between the smaller cities with beginning AWs and large city with higher level AWs. One person at a time. That way they get a big boost and they can dump rune shards they won’t need for probably years. It is slow but over time we should be able to give everyone a turn.

MagicPagan

I too am advising caution. As an AM, I received a complaint from a player whose current 'favourite' Wonder received hundreds of unsolicited KPs, to the point that she is worrying about being out of balance, not to mention, she plays once to twice a day and folks let her postings on the swap threads high and dry.

Come on, @helya, this is ridiculous, we can't just donate to friends, and I can see the screaming during the next FA! I'll have to take most Wonders off road.
No one has to upgrade an AW just because the research is completed. It's entirely up to the city owner.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts I just recently had a conversation with another top ranking player about players I knew had 1 or more entire fellowships of little push accounts. Funny thing is they are no longer playing. Major burnout? Maybe. IDK. I mean 50 or more little push cities is still a ridiculous amount of time & repetition so has to become grueling. So what’s the point?

Iyapo1

We are doing somewhat even swaps back & forth between the smaller cities with beginning AWs and large city with higher level AWs. One person at a time. That way they get a big boost and they can dump rune shards they won’t need for probably years. It is slow but over time we should be able to give everyone a turn.
So...your bleeding them out of shards for wonders they dont have yet in order to get rid of shards for wonders that you have fully upgraded? Ouch!