Platinum Leaf -FB
Please share how you handled this on Beta and/or EN and/or how you plan to handle it here. Is it completely ridiculous to think it can be "handled" at all? I am especially interested in ideas outside of your normal KP exchange.
Some thoughts, from our experience in Beta:
1. Senior players with hundreds of common low level rune shards can help the newcomers to finish their wonders free of charge. There will be a feeding frenzy at first - but the KP costs nothing, and they stay in the fellowship!
2. No need to have special swap threads - your normal Endless Chain threads work just fine. Particularly if they are divisible by 15.
3. There is a 'lock' that kicks in if a city receives a lot more KP than it receives - InnoGames are not going to tell us the precise cut-off level because that would help people who run 'Push Accounts'.
4. You cannot get locked it you give 10 KP to your own wonders - it is only a net import / export imbalance that triggers it. But why use your Rune Shard to get only 10 KP when you can get 15 KP from it by swapping? If you are averse to using Swap Threads, find a Dump Buddy and drop equal numbers of shards on each other's wonders, so there is no import/.export imbalance.
5. If you do get blocked, donating a few KP to another player will unlock you - but InnoGames are not telling how many is required. And they have also asked us not to discuss this number, which is their right to preserve their own intellectual property.
6. The lock goes away after a day or so - but we suspect that if you keep getting blocked, the game might become stricter with its cut-off points - to counter 'Push Accounts'.
7. Get your friends to check if you have wonders ready to upgrade! If everyone is dropping lots of KP on friends, it is easy to miss that someone has finished a wonder for you - and unfortunately there is not way in the present browser version to quickly scan for completed wonders; but friends can see these at a single glance.
8. IMO, this is going to make it far too easy for beginners to get a lot of level 30 wonders. Up till now, having lots of high-level Wonders has required dedication and hard work - or cheating. Now everyone is going to have the early-level Wonders maxed quite quickly - cancelling all the hard work that older players have put in.
I don't like the effect it will have on the game ultimately - though in the short term it will appear to be excellent and welcome. I suspect that with a sudden surge of powerful Wonders appearing in everyone's cities, the designers may be forced to rebalance the game to make the playing field level again - in which case, what would the point have been of making this change?