• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy-

Who is getting anything out of the 12h over the 3.5? Isn't it in most cases either a full timewarp + bear and the whole tournament is done in 3.5h anyways or one round of tournament per day? Maybe there are some players with multiple rounds in 12h, but I would guess for most players it does not change anything.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Who is getting anything out of the 12h over the 3.5? Isn't it in most cases either a full timewarp + bear and the whole tournament is done in 3.5h anyways or one round of tournament per day? Maybe there are some players with multiple rounds in 12h, but I would guess for most players it does not change anything.
The extra time would make a huge difference if you fight in the Spire, since that could be the whole first floor, or half of each of the other floors. I also use time boosters on my tournament provinces one day to get all 6 rounds in, so on that day I'd get two tournament rounds out of it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Isn't it in most cases either a full timewarp + bear and the whole tournament is done in 3.5h anyways or one round of tournament per day?

More like maybe 5-10% of all players do that? The vast majority of players are not far enough in the game to even have the Timewarp yet, let alone have it at max level. Plus the vast majority of players do not have a maxed out Polar Bear.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Maybe there are some players with multiple rounds in 12h, but I would guess for most players it does not change anything.

A level 1 bear is a little over 14 hrs so anyone who is newish won't get a second round. However they also really won't benefit anyway. I think the better question is how many tourny rounds or spire would you need for this to be beneficial. A pure gut feel from me is:

Tournament
  • 6 provinces or less - Don't waste your time on this, those are a practically free
  • 10 provinces or less - also highly unlikely to derive much benefit due to the minimal losses
  • 10-20 provinces - ???
  • 20+ provinces is where it is likely starting to really provide a benefit and the more you do the better the benefit
Spire
  • First section (not level) - waste of time as those are super cheap
  • level 1 - If you are suffering bad losses but the pain would be short lived. Even small towns can cater this sustainably before too long
  • Level 2 - ??
  • Level 3 - Due to high squad sizes and multiple waves the most benefit from spire would be here
Of course, anyone who mostly caters gets no benefit from this and it has been stated at least for tournaments that the majority of provinces are catered. So this thing is already targeting a small number of the player base and if they are keen enough to fight enough to get benefit from this they are going to be keen enough to target a timewarp and/or bear when opportunity arises and/or use instants to help maximise the use of this.

The math on whether using this or just feeding a brown bear again or another use of pet food is also highly fluid depending on the player and their town/strategy. I think a lot of people will get it as it is a "shiny new toy" more than any great concern about how beneficial it will be to them individually verse other options.

Raccon

You won't really need it even at level 3 spire if you crafted every Vitality surge you find in the MA.
3% rivival rate won't revive enough troops to withstand the next wave after you've lost 100% of 3 squads and most of the 4th one. This is when you either have enough Vitality surge to save you the day or raise the white flag and cater instead.

Huor

I'm just not feeling it myself. I would rather use pet food on my chicken which can really turn the loss tide in battle and the brown bear to recovery afterwards. Lot to think about. Still liking the Voice of the Prophet building. If they have conversions to old phoenix artifacts, that would make it real tough to place this new building in my mind. Long way off though. Still trying to make sacks of coins. lol!

Killy-

More like maybe 5-10% of all players do that? The vast majority of players are not far enough in the game to even have the Timewarp yet, let alone have it at max level. Plus the vast majority of players do not have a maxed out Polar Bear.

Did you even read my text? I did not only talk about players with a full timewarp and a bear.

The extra time would make a huge difference if you fight in the Spire, since that could be the whole first floor, or half of each of the other floors. I also use time boosters on my tournament provinces one day to get all 6 rounds in, so on that day I'd get two tournament rounds out of it.

Would that be worth the feeding? I barely use any troops in the spire and almost all of them in the tournament, but I don't really have an idea how the average split might be.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Would that be worth the feeding? I barely use any troops in the spire and almost all of them in the tournament, but I don't really have an idea how the average split might be.
Well, probably not for me because I'm a caterer, lol. (On the other hand, being a caterer, the only pet I have to use food on right now is my Red Panda Master, so I've got over 100 pet food in my inventory and wouldn't even notice the occasional usage somewhere else.) I've heard that the spire is usually a lot more costly in terms of lost troops because of the multi-wave fights but I have negligible experience with that myself. I don't know for sure how much it would benefit a fighter at my level but if someone who missed the original events hasn't dropped thousands of diamonds to have all the upgraded shiny toys (Phoenix, Brown Bear, etc.), I would imagine it would still be useful for saving some troops and therefore also time and supplies spent retraining troops.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The new event starts April 5th

Forum Announcement in EN:
Read all about it here: https://tinyurl.com/2p9dbfb9
You are welcome to share with friends and fellowship. This file does not need Facebook or any other special program; you can view it on any PC.

Note that this is the Beta version and the Live Version may not be exactly the same.

277355640_10220718768019707_3457652347212096429_n.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
this is for beta news,
as long as there's a Beta server, this thread will exsist.

Wrong, sort of. Each time a new chapter is added, the Beta thread is supposed to be archived and a new one started. @helya just forgot to do that when chapter 19 was added to the game. All you have to do is go back and look at the first post in this thread and see it was from less than a year ago.

Edit: @helya at this point, maybe an annual new thread, rather than the "every new chapter thread" that Ashrem asked for, is a better way to do it? Maybe just archive this one on the one-year anniversary and start a new one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.