• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonky Walter's is coming to Town!

DeletedUser4759

I like the declinable quest feature. It allows me to loop through again and again using the same quest, especially to build up my supplies and coins, when I am upgrading 2 or more buildings, when I have produced more than what has been requested in a quest or when finishing off a single long large run. Its too bad there isn't a couple of spells that can be made for and put on the magic bldg itself. And the Wonkers Tent is just extremely ugly and in no way unique looking. I never really had any problems with the Quests in the contest even though I am at Chapter 3. I kept track of everything, time-frames, start and end times, supplies needed, etc, Tier levels so that in the future I will have a better idea of what to expect. I also put in notes of what Quests and declinable quest to use with each contest quest so that I could get a double bonus. I am a caual player, not into investin a lot into the game. I play for fun and enjoyment.

DeletedUser3297

Go ahead and remove the declinable quests to make the MA worth it. Power of provision takes 10 hours to make and is only good for 10 hours. So unless you are on here every hour, another 2 workshops will produce more than the MA ever will. As far as the other spells, well they are a joke. I have already explained the culture one, but lets see how far you want players to stay away by using the KP one. Many players already face long wait times for guest race goods to unlock techs. So that spell is worthless, they come in, spend their hourly KP and leave all before the 20 hour time limit is done. Now the manufactoring one can be a bit tricky, but if you use space management on your side and produce goods at a 3:2:1 production rates, you will never run out of goods (unless you are in a fellowship that doesn't understand what boosts are)

DeletedUser4759

Maybe there should be an opt out button for those players who do not want the declinable quests. That way everyone has freedom of choice.

DeletedUser2396

Maybe there should be an opt out button for those players who do not want the declinable quests. That way everyone has freedom of choice.
I guess you haven't played very long - there is very limited freedom of choice in this game - your more or less forced to do what the Dev's dictate for you they make the choices not us players

DeletedUser2963

People are probably going to make SOOOOoooo much fun of me for this, but I have never declined a quest. I do the quests, I think they are fun.

People like me don't need an opt button...we just opt not to decline :)

Buttrflwr

People are probably going to make SOOOOoooo much fun of me for this, but I have never declined a quest. I do the quests, I think they are fun.

People like me don't need an opt button...we just opt not to decline :)

The ones I decline are ones I can't do, like fight and win encounters. I can not win, I have lost more troops than Napoleon since the update, it just isn't going to happen. So...I decline those, and I decline the 24 hour ones (crystal ball, admirable altar) until just before the factories are ready to spit those out, then I cycle around to them, complete them, rinse repeat. It isn't so much declining as it is timing them out...except for the encounter ones, and the upgrade buildings ones. I am at a research standstill. Until I get to that point of the tech tree, I CAN'T upgrade them.

DeletedUser4759

No I haven't played very long, I am a new member and learning the game I as I go along. I just started this summer but I am enjoying the game so far. Maybe there will come a time when I will not enjoy it, when that happens I will quit and move on to another game somewhere. I use the decline to cycle around to where I can repeat a quest (Example: get 50,000 coins for gathering 5,000 supplies, and it has helped me). So far I have used this decline quest quite a bit, (I haven't counted the times). This one quest has helped me build up my workshops, buildings, gain goods and supplies and with helping me get through the contest and tournaments. It supplied the extra coins, supplies and paid for the goods needed. Other declineable quests have given a bonus on the things I had planned to do anyway, upgrade, long run productions, etc. I am not a serious gamer and never will be.

DeletedUser2963

The ones I decline are ones I can't do, like fight and win encounters. I can not win, I have lost more troops than Napoleon since the update, it just isn't going to happen. So...I decline those, and I decline the 24 hour ones (crystal ball, admirable altar) until just before the factories are ready to spit those out, then I cycle around to them, complete them, rinse repeat. It isn't so much declining as it is timing them out...except for the encounter ones, and the upgrade buildings ones. I am at a research standstill. Until I get to that point of the tech tree, I CAN'T upgrade them.

I am not knocking the way you are playing the game. I think its great that players have the decline button. It gives you more control over the direction your city takes. When I started this game I made myself a rule....no declining quests. Its actually really fun, but I don't control my city, the quests do.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Go ahead and remove the declinable quests to make the MA worth it.
Sadly that alone wouldn't cut it. Obviously I don't care that people are using the decline trick to get more supplies, there isn't any PvP here, and I could do it myself. What bothers me is that the game is (at least somewhat) balanced around it.
@Bobbykitty said they removed it on Beta for a week, but it hurt players so much that they brought it back. That imho was a mistake. Supply costs should simply have been reduced. I'm sure we can all agree that the decline system is sloppy, but some players feel it's needed, so we remove that need. If players are getting XX% of their supplies from a bad decline-a-quest system then reduce costs by xx%, improve or replace the system so no one suffers.

DeletedUser2963

I don't think they should get rid of it. Some people are really loving the grind, that"s their favorite part of the game. Why on earth would getting rid of it even be an issue?

Allot of video games are all about grind. It is a very popular thing. I am not grinding, but I don't think the supply grind is "an exploit". I think its a provided feature of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4759

I'm can't agree with that "we can all agree". lol.

It's like someone standing up and saying at a town hall meeting "I think I'm speaking for everyone here when I say..." when they don't know me, haven't asked me what I think, or even care what I think, as long as they get their way. We will all have different opinions on a matter. The only thing is to respect one another for their opinion, allow them to have their say, without belittling or putting down a person. A good discussion/debate does not endure on what one or another believes is a fallacy. I have enough faith in the Developers to think that will consider all aspects of an issue, and try to make the best possible adjustments in the best interests of all concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm can't agree with that "we can all agree". lol.
Nonsense.

I have yet to see anyone post saying it's perfect. I didn't say we all agree to get rid of it, I'm saying we can all agree that it could be improved. Some think it's ok, some even think it's good, but I can't imagine anyone claiming that it is perfect, therefore I am confident that we agree on that much.
Even if you Love it, wouldn't a little tweak like only having to decline once, and skip the "are you sure" part be nice?
I don't feel I've belittled anyone. The fact is that some things about this game could be improved, and I for one think this is an area that could use a little TLC.
As for the Devs considering all aspects, you know they don't play like us, and there's thousands of players--which makes it unlikely that they can see everyones point of view if it isn't shown to them.

Some people are really loving the grind, that"s their favorite part of the game.
I truly hadn't considered that for some people clicking through the declinable quest was their favorite part of the game. Honestly. That is amazing. Not just liking the results, but actually enjoying the repeated clicking of the decline button as their favorite part of the whole game.
To me that's like saying your favorite part of sex is opening the condom package. I'm not judging, just....judging. lol
To each their own I guess.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4759

Nothing in life is perfect, if there was such a thing as perfection someone would have: a) outlawed it, b) found a way to make money on it or c) destroyed it as incompatible with their beliefs/resource acquisition objectives. Like I said before, I am new here, maybe in time, I will find flaws in the system that I will not like and will raise issues about. But... right now I have a goose laying its golden eggs for me and I am happy. I create spells all the time and use them when I'm in tournaments and for the last contest in which I got that wacky looking tent as a prize, it doesn't match my shoes. Hmmph... If anything should be complained about, it should be that eyesore. And the tame monkeys thing? Monkeys are nefarious in nature. They pass gas without apologies to those present and steal your treats when you aren't looking. So tame monkeys was a bad choice.

DeletedUser4759

Thank you for pointing out my erroneous assumption and the presumption that I have correctly spoke on behalf of others. lol. Even from my lofty view above the chicken coop, I can still smell the BS, whether it be from someone else, or myself.

DeletedUser2753

OK the Contest is long gone, and feedback has been given, time to move on.

Calenmir

Since the declinable quests were a topic here and rather can make a new one I just thought I would ask... Has the Fight and Win quest disappeared? I am in tournament and thought I would give fighting a try. The opposition in a couple of them seem worth giving it a shot. I've cycled through my declinable quests several times and it won't come back up.

Up until today that darned quest was haunting and taunting me, now when I actually want it, I can't find it.

Does anyone know? Or has anyone else noticed the same?

DeletedUser2753

Sorry to say but i don't believe the tournament will satisfy a quest unless it asks for KPS or relics. but it is good practice since squads are less and the opponents squads at first you should outnumber. About quests to fight and win encounters I can't remember. Passes the ball for the next person to answer your question.