• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonky Walter's is coming to Town!

DeletedUser2870

I finished the event. I'm most definitely not going to place that tent in my city though. It's not worth it, though perhaps at some time when I need a temporary boost I may place it and tear it down again.
Though I like the idea of the events I guess we were spoiled by the midsummer solstice since the rewards for this one are way less. Still, it's nice to have something to aim for.
However, I greatly disliked the 200 beverages and the 120 simple tools quests. My time is limited, especially now since work is entering the peakperiod and 12 hour days are not uncommon. That means I do not have the time to sit around endlessly resetting workshops.
Please be so kind as to remember there are working people out there playing the game who do not have the time to endlessly sit behind their screen to reset every 5 or 15 minutes.
(and yes I know the argument: just put up a lot more lvl 1 workshops...but for that one needs space and I'm out of space, so that's not an option. I'm not going to sell a lvl 15 or 17 building to make space for some more workshops I will only need for a few days during the event)

Not only that, but the same goes for players who do have an academy but
A - do not have the required relics and/or are unable to fight for them anymore
B - players who planned ahead and made a bunch of spells in advance and now are out of relics and have to wait for 2+ days for their scout to finish

Fair point re: past events, I'd just rather have the option to try even if it's hard. I know almost none of the player base uses the forums, or checks out the wiki. Most players are probably super casual, many not even logging in daily. For those that are very engaged, and look to the forums for tips--they should be allowed to give it a shot imo
EDIT: as for event items becoming obsolete, how great would it be if they started making quests like this:
"Destroy a Wonky Walter tent" reward: a new Wonky Walter tent scaled to your current chapter.
Make it the last quest in an event or something so it doesn't screw anyone who deleted it or never got it

Now THAT would be a great idea. Returning quests for past events, allowing players to improve buildings in that way

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4372

Does anyone know what the 12th event is? i have some time sucking 40 KP's and probably will not get through these, i bought 10 but like the poster above, there is no battle system anymore, i was pre-stage 3 and they ganked 20 whole upgrades and i actually negotiated a bit after that until i realized i was pushing any possible battles even farther away. i now look at 51 troops on my side and the lowest i can fight is like 176? so battle is not a tool on this game right now.. and before i spend every penny in coin to buy more? i would like to know the last quests, I understand it might be different at different levels, i am still in stage 2. couple ladders away... thank you for anyone responding :+)

edeba

120 of the 15 minute tool productions and 300 fighters.
Does anyone know what the 12th event is? i have some time sucking 40 KP's and probably will not get through these, i bought 10 but like the poster above, there is no battle system anymore, i was pre-stage 3 and they ganked 20 whole upgrades and i actually negotiated a bit after that until i realized i was pushing any possible battles even farther away. i now look at 51 troops on my side and the lowest i can fight is like 176? so battle is not a tool on this game right now.. and before i spend every penny in coin to buy more? i would like to know the last quests, I understand it might be different at different levels, i am still in stage 2. couple ladders away... thank you for anyone responding :+)

DeletedUser3827

There's no way I'll finish 300 fighters in time, still working on my 40. I ditched my armories and went the trader route due to the battle mess RIGHT before this thing dropped.

My interest in this game is waning - fast.

DeletedUser

You can still train armies just as fast without armories, just not as long (at a time). More micromanaging needed.
I regret pushing through the 4th ring as early as I did; I had a total of 8 relics left, split between 2 provinces, when this event started. Now I'm stuck at 9/17 relics collected for step 5 of WW, thanks to those and one other I got from a treasure chest. 5th ring requires T2 goods to negotiate (which are in very short supply for me, right now), and I won't attempt fighting there until my Ch.III military research is pretty much done.
This event was never achievable for me, unless you assume I knew ahead of time what the requirements would be and held off on those 4th ring relics.

DeletedUser

Wanted to come in again & say that a member of my FS cannot complete the Wonky Walter quest because they are stuck on #10, which is "Produce 2 Power of Provision Spells". In order to make Power of Provision spells, a player must 'spend' 1 Planks relic & 1 Crystal relic. This player has no Plank relics. They have two Plank provinces open, but they cannot pay to negotiate them because there are Orc costs, and this player does not yet have Orcs. They cannot win by fighting because their troops are outnumbered & they keep losing, which is decimating their troop levels. They are in Dwarves.

FYI - this player has 14 Goddess of Fertility culture buildings. They cost 690 diamonds EACH. That is 9660 worth of diamonds!!! So yeah, they ARE invested in this game, but they CAN'T PLAY IT!

DeletedUser2870

Wanted to come in again & say that a member of my FS cannot complete the Wonky Walter quest because they are stuck on #10, which is "Produce 2 Power of Provision Spells". In order to make Power of Provision spells, a player must 'spend' 1 Planks relic & 1 Crystal relic. This player has no Plank relics. They have two Plank provinces open, but they cannot pay to negotiate them because there are Orc costs, and this player does not yet have Orcs. They cannot win by fighting because their troops are outnumbered & they keep losing, which is decimating their troop levels. They are in Dwarves.

FYI - this player has 14 Goddess of Fertility culture buildings. They cost 690 diamonds EACH. That is 9660 worth of diamonds!!! So yeah, they ARE invested in this game, but they CAN'T PLAY IT!

Alas...this is EXACTLY what I have been talking about from the moment the new battle system was introduced. It does not make the game 'more balanced' it makes it impossible to play it for those who are actively playing.
HEY YOU DEV's : TAKE A HINT!. You really might want starting to listen to the players or you will lose them. Same happened to some of the players in my FS as well.

DeletedUser4741

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear all about your adventures with Wonky Walter! Please provide any feedback, or even let us know how you are doing in the event by posting below.

Happy gaming!

King Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

My daughter & I have both been playing with this adventure. We are both finding it very difficult & probably not possible to finish. Her village is quite small & the quests are simply VERY difficult & time consuming. Though my village is some what bigger than hers, I am still finding it difficult and am doubtful that I can finish in time either. We play several times a day, but are not able to sit her all day and all night, which some of the quests seem to want you to do. The only other possibility that we see is to gem it, which is not really an option either.

I would like to see a longer time, and possibly consideration based on village size. Just a thought.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
a member of my FS cannot complete the Wonky Walter quest
I'm super curious as to how long they have been playing. I'm in the dwarf chapter after 4 months, but no where near orc limit... just interested in other players style and the direction that they went.

DeletedUser43

And it's self-inflicted.

Because, as you, I care about efficiency, and in my city, that building is not efficient. :) It isn't efficient in a lot of other people's city either. In fact, the number one request about that building is that people want to delete it. Even Lionsmane wants it to be able to be deleted and he just got here.

DeletedUser3297

The magic academy is the most useless building in all of Elvenar, the Tomb of Secrets is better value per square cause at least you get a KP a day. I can get the equivalent of 6 level 15 workshop supplies every three hours by cycling quests. My favs are collect your boosted goods, 3 quests of those. Produce advance tools 2 times and collect coins, and produce advance tools six times. I have 8 workshops and can do all those quests every 3 hours, so the power of provision spell is useless to me. After I ran out of relics to make that spell, I added another workshop and started cycling quests. For a while, I only had relics to make the culture spell which is the most useless spell to make, it has 2 things going against it, first it only works if you have a culture bonus and second it only works if somebody helps the building. So everytime I made those spells, I just dumped them into one culture building. Last time I checked, that building has 120 days left on that spell lol

Now, I have built up a supply of relics, but I use them conservatively because I don't want to run out. So when I am actively playing the game, I will start a spell production so I don't have to look at the zzz's floating over. But before I log off, I stop the spell, so I can save my relics for event quests. So that is what the magic academy has been reduced to for me, it is such a useless building. Since they don't want us to delete it, then it needs to be re-tooled so it can be a useful building for everyone.

Buttrflwr

Wow, just wow. I an on vacay and out of town so wasn't able to keep up with this thread for a couple of days, and WOW at the venom here. For those that say the quest couldn't be finished w/out spending diamonds, I finished it last night, without spending one dime on it. Yes, I did spend $$ when I started playing or I wouldn't have the city I have now, I spent most of those $$ on expansions. I REFUSE to buy more diamonds until I know that I can win in encounters when I catch up to where INNO THINKS I should be, because I certainly can't win now, but that is a horse of a different color. It did take pre-planning and looking ahead to what the next quests were, but if you are going to do something like this, you can't be lazy and just "wing it". THAT being said, I am not putting the bldg in my city unless I need it. I finished the quest when I was just short of chapter 4, so to me it's worth does not make up for it's gawdiness. I just did the quest to do it. There were some good ideas put forth here, ie the one put forth by Soggy Shorts (I think it was him) to enable us to destroy gawdy, lower rated quest items like this and rebuild them at whatever our current level is.
Another great suggestion by MANY is to make quests more player level friendly. I can see where smaller players would have a harder time with many of the quests, and larger players with the scouting requirement. I have personally been playing since the second week of September, so not that long, but long enough to see this game has issues, unless the devs start listening to the player base.
That is my feedback, now back to my vacay...it's time to travel home.

DeletedUser4163

FEEDBACK

I finished it last night and I placed the bonus. I do plan on deleting at one point once I am more organized for Dwarves, I enjoyed the distraction from the normal.

DeletedUser3827

I completely gave up when I saw build simple tools 120 times. Geez, talk about nonsense busy work. And I have 12 high level factories too. I'm not going to spend half my life clicking on buildings every 5 minutes.

Lynnie501

I finished the Wonky Walters Quest. It was fun, and enjoyable. However I never was able to place my tent anywhere. Is it stored somewhere to put up when I have cleared some space?, or is it gone?

DeletedUser2963

I'm super curious as to how long they have been playing. I'm in the dwarf chapter after 4 months, but no where near orc limit... just interested in other players style and the direction that they went.
. I am in chapter 5, been playing since June, and I have hit orcs. I also have over 100 of pretty much every relic. I expanded like a starfish to "discover" traders.

I finished the Wonky Walters Quest. It was fun, and enjoyable. However I never was able to place my tent anywhere. Is it stored somewhere to put up when I have cleared some space?, or is it gone?
It is just sitting in your inventory waiting for you :). Little brown bag, below and to the right of the move button.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The magic academy is the most useless building in all of Elvenar......I can get the equivalent of 6 level 15 workshop supplies every three hours by cycling quests.
This is the issue, not the MA. There is a major flaw with being able to get so many supplies using the declinable quests. As I said in another thread, in any other game this would be considered an exploit, and be removed. BobbyKitty told me they removed it on Beta for a week and it caused players to grind to a halt so they put it back. That doesn't mean it's any less broken.

Here's an example
Make a FS with Just you and one friend.
Post 60 trades each offering the other players boosted goods (in amounts equal to the quest requirements)
Make those trades at 1:4 ratio so no one else takes them
Click through quests, use trader to complete "gain 2,000 steel" quest
use any autoclicker program to repeat 60 times
unlimited supplies which you could use for wholesaler to get goods, to get KP

That smells like an exploit to me, even if you don't use an autoclicker program.

Step 1 is to remove the "need" for infinite declinable quests, either by re-balancing workshops, costs, or both.

Personally I think giving up a 5x5 spot to never cycle through those quests is an amazing investment. One of the biggest complaints about events is the " make 120 simple tools" quests, but you do it every 3 hours by choice! ew.

Buttrflwr

This is the issue, not the MA. There is a major flaw with being able to get so many supplies using the declinable quests. As I said in another thread, in any other game this would be considered an exploit, and be removed.

unlimited supplies which you could use for wholesaler to get goods, to get KP

That smells like an exploit to me, even if you don't use an autoclicker program.

PLEASE don't mess with the declinable quests. With the current battle system fubared as badly as it is for some of us, it is the ONLY way I can gain KP to complete research, without having to wait and collect one per hour, aka watching paint dry. I certainly can't win KP in provinces, which means I can't discover new neighbors, which means I have VERY few I can trade with in my area, as I was put at the bottom of the freaking world. And what really sucks is that before I was moved, I was concentrating on the South and West, as there were peeps there I wanted to trade with. Now, I have coins to my South and West. :confused: Yes, I have a wonderful FS, but as we all know, you NEED those neighbor trades occaisonally, unless you are in a top 10 FS...and I would think even then.
I don't use any kind of autoclicker, I do have to work for my quests, but it is all I have at the moment to even think about progressing in this game now.

dikke ikke

I only create 2 kind of spells in the MA, magical manufacturing and power of provision, the 1st one I use to boost goods for catering in the tournaments, especially if the tournament concerns my boosted goods because I can not buy them from the wholesaler. The 2nd I use when my supplies get low, I make sure that I can play a whole day without to much distraction, boost all my workshops in the morning after the 9 hours production period and then produce loads of beverages. I will have to do it this week again because upgrading buildings and keeping my troops at a certain number of squads uses more supplies than I normally can produce with my level 17 workshops, I hope to upgrade them next week to level 19. Depending on how fast I can make my population grow.