• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonky Walter's is coming to Town!

DeletedUser861

10. Produce 2 spells Power of provision. - 2 relics
10. Produce 2 spells Power of provision. - 2 relics
11a. Spend 40 KP.
11b. Gain 50k coins. - 2 relics
12a. Train 300 units.
12b. Produce 120 Simple tools. - 2 relics
*depends what are Your boosted goods

The cultural building prize:

I have been slaving on this Quest on two accounts; I am only on Step 10 - I have been working on this Event daily:
The two accounts I am working this event on are in chapter 6 (Dwarves) on one account & chapter 4 on another account while working on Beta (Halloween Event)

How is finishing this event even possible if creating 2 spells Power of provision takes 24 hours without spending money on Diamonds (which I refuse to do after the game bugging out and my mysterious loss of cultural buildings with GMs refusing to replace them)?

Then players need to spend 40KP? - a little less than two days worth (w/o buff).
Is spending this required KP suppose to be w/o exploring the world and either negotiating or engaging in combat?

It seems to me that finishing this event in a timely manner would be impossible if we only relied on the natural accumulation of KP per hour/day - not to mention finishing up the remainder of the quest-line.

It appears more and more that Elvenar is not only for those who spend money but those players who spend a lot of money - more money than an average game sub. It feels less and less F2P as time goes by, events are added as well as patches. *sigh*

The Wonka quest is not suppose to be accomplished by brand new players. It will come around again. I could not finish it on beta when newer. This game is not a sprint but a marathon, which takes patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4665

How is finishing this event even possible if creating 2 spells Power of provision takes 24 hours without spending money on Diamonds (which I refuse to do after the game bugging out and my mysterious loss of cultural buildings with GMs refusing to replace them)?

You can start producing those spell early on and not collect them until you need to for the quest step. That's what I did anyway.

DeletedUser861

You can start producing those spell early on and not collect them until you need to for the quest step. That's what I did anyway.

I did not look at the quest requirements prior to this step when it began to dawn on me that the average player would not be able to complete the event in a timely manner. I did not want to waste my time on this event if it could not be completed so Googled the Quest and ended up here.

The average player will not look up quest requirements nor should they have to. "*Cha Ching*" is all I have to say - and this coming from a player who has spent my fair share of money on Diamonds in the past.

my system lags horribly on this Browser page....typing is not exactly quality.

If I understand it correctly, if you are only in chapter 2 (for instance) your culture on the building is lower - how is that fair when you worked just as hard (if not harder) to get the building and its benefits?

So you are saying a player who has played over a year, who has slaved away and has even possibly spent money on this game and has much greater Cultural needs should receive the same amount of culture for this or each Event or receive the same exact bonuses as a new player? wow.

I currently need 20K culture w/o buffs to keep my estate at status quo. I also began playing at launch completed most of the game so left due to boredom and returned 6 weeks ago. I have been slaving on this event (on two accounts - one in Ch. 6 & another in Ch. 4 plus doing the Halloween Event on Beta) and will most likely not make it. The demands towards End Game are insane. That is why the Devs programmed this event the way it is programmed.

I also had to go back to almost the beginning of the KP progression line to input a small inheritance worth of KP to get caught up with all the new changes which took me 4 weeks to do prior to Dwarves and open chests which took an insane amount of the completion of provs. - (the chest dealie was not instituted when I left the game)...

There is really no such thing as a FREE game; someone has to pay the Dev Team.

DeletedUser4665

The average player will not look up quest requirements nor should they have to. "*Cha Ching*" is all I have to say - and this coming from a player who has spent my fair share of money on Diamonds in the past.

To be honest, If i hadn't looked up the quest before I started it and got to an unrealistic step, I would've thought it was either a quest for advanced players or a quest to bait you into spending money on diamonds.

DeletedUser861

To be honest, If i hadn't looked up the quest before I started it and got to an unrealistic step, I would've thought it was either a quest for advanced players or a quest to bait you into spending money on diamonds.

Still even at End Game - its a demanding Event/Quest

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How is finishing this event even possible
As a test I did the quests on one account without any pre planning, and on one I used all tricks I could from knowing the questline.
Both accounts are early dwarf chapter
On the one with all the tricks, I finished with 5 days to spare
The other one, where I started on quests as I got them I'm on #10.

The event is very challenging if you don't know what the quests are in advance, so it's great to have at least one FS member that reads the forums and can share.
The 2 best things you can do are
1. cooking PoP spells in advance, and
2. Building extra workshops/factories. Quests that ask for 3x 24h production and 3x 9h can be completed with a level 1 building just as well as with a max level. Also the super annoying 200 beverages is much less painful if you can get some extra workshops in there.

I'm sure that not everyone has space for this, that's why I inform my FS of upcoming events asap-- and to hold off on filling up any new expansions until the event is over.

I agree that the event should be doable for the average player without diamonds, and I think it's close. To be fair I should have tried doing the event without building any extra factories as a test, but I got impatient.

Note: RE the 40 KP quest, there is a 20KP bar spell reward from one of the earlier quests that can help, and hopefully you can buy some KP with coins or boosted goods.

DeletedUser4195

They provide an out for advanced players that have long scout times
Scout a province or produce power of provision

By the same token they make it easy for the person with the long production time and short scout time... don't they???
I have never seen so many people moan and bitch and complain about absolutely everything. If it's not the toughness of the revamped battle system, it's how crappy this tent looks or how shitty the culture level is for wherever someone might be on the tech tree. You play for free and moan because you can't progress as fast as you used to. Don't like it? Spend some money, or put a cork in it. I've got the tent, I'm happy with it and I got it simply by doing the things I normally would have been doing anyway. Am I going to keep it? Who knows, but for now it's sitting beside my main hall. That is all, moan on...

DeletedUser

The event is very challenging if you don't know what the quests are in advance, so it's great to have at least one FS member that reads the forums and can share.
The 2 best things you can do are
1. cooking PoP spells in advance, and
2. Building extra workshops/factories. Quests that ask for 3x 24h production and 3x 9h can be completed with a level 1 building just as well as with a max level. Also the super annoying 200 beverages is much less painful if you can get some extra workshops in there.

Definitely agree that it's very valuable for at least one member of a FS to read about what the quests are in advance & then share it in a message with their whole FS. An alternative to the forum is to go to the Elvenar Platinum Leaf Facebook page - they are very good at making posts about these special events.

Calenmir

Yes, LaughterSong, that's exactly what I'm saying. How long you've played this game has nothing to do with this reward. Everyone who wants it is working very hard to get it and the benefits should be the same.

SoggyShorts

Yes, LaughterSong, that's exactly what I'm saying. How long you've played this game has nothing to do with this reward. Everyone who wants it is working very hard to get it and the benefits should be the same.
But the same wouldn't work. The reward for halloween event is going to be almost 3,000 population and 3,000 culture... imagine getting that in chapter 2.

Calenmir

If it is placed in with your culture buildings, then you build it if/when you need it. Getting it doesn't automatically mean you have to build it -or does it? I have several I've researched but you won't find anywhere in my city. I don't need the culture right now so I hold them and build them when I do. Some may never be built but if I do they should have the same value as for you or anyone else.

I know nothing about the Halloween event, so will not speak to that.

This is simply my opinion.

SoggyShorts

Some may never be built but if I do they should have the same value as for you or anyone else.
I understand what you are saying, but it still wouldn't work. The lowest reward for wonka tent is 540 culture, so no one past chapter 4 would ever build it. At the other end it's worth 2,800 culture, which would be WAY too pwerful if it was available before chapter 8. Knowing this, how much culture should the wonka tent give so that it's fair to everyone? I guarantee that any number you list will either be too powerful, or too weak for players. This is why the rewards must be different at different levels.

The solution is to make the event quests more equitable. Currently some quests favor new players (scout a province in 10 minutes instead of 3 days) and some favor advanced players (get 50,000 coins) Others are already fair like make a spell.
Is it balanced perfectly? Probably not, and that's what the devs can focus on.

DeletedUser43

Or put a cork in it.

This is a place where they ask for feedback. If you silence feedback the company loses out on the ability to make more money. If the company doesn't make money, there is no game. Feedback is gold. It gives companies a chance to fix what is wrong. If people walk out the door without saying a word they don't know what to fix.

I agree that the reward can't be the same for every chapter, as Soggy explained, it wouldn't make sense. But I do think the quests should be different too. Either that or make the quests stupidly easy so the newbies can do them without much trouble.

They can make the quests different dependent upon which chapter you are in, they can make the rewards different depending on what chapter you are in, why not make the contest quests different too?

DeletedUser

This is completely unattainable for new people :( I've only been playing a couple of months and when you can only acquire 5 pieces every 3 hours it will take months to get to 1000. It took me 2 days to get the 60 beverages :(

DeletedUser3297

This is completely unattainable for new people :( I've only been playing a couple of months and when you can only acquire 5 pieces every 3 hours it will take months to get to 1000. It took me 2 days to get the 60 beverages :(

Focus on building your city up. Within a few weeks time, you should be producing 1000/day. Join a good fellowship, ask questions. Yes, this questline is not going to be attainable for beginners, but it won't take too long to figure things out :) You may have come into this contest too late, but there are always more coming!

Quite honestly, if Inno can't tailor the event quests based on chapter, then you should be locked out of event quests until the end of era 2. There could be a tech in the research tree for unlocking event quests. That way new players won't get discouraged and leave.

DeletedUser4372

its down to 3 days and i have some " goods" i have to make that at any level will take a day. being at stage 2, i still have like 3 of every goods maker so i am actually ahead, to make all the other goods buildings i will be selling down to 2 of the first basic goods buildings but now, have the 3 and they demand 3 of, ( i day build) then 3 of a 9 hour build from the same goods store.. that is 2 days. on top of this, they tell me to solve so many battle maps over and over.. DID THESE GUYS JUST FORGET THEY STOLE MANY OF OUR TROOP LEVELS? i am not going to buy a ton of diamonds to get some stupid tent. Do they even give you the extra map space you will need to put this up? did not think so.. putting this diamond demanding quest right after stealing our troop size upgrades is insult to injury. When you go to put in a ticket, they actually have a disclaimer that in my actual experiences is a bold lie.. " we did not take anything you earned, we created new levels that you have to earn that you have not earned yet, we hope this clears up... ".. it cleared up any clinging ideas of this game having any corporate managers that had any honesty or knew how to treat paying customers. I had my troop sizes to about level 44-48 and had to re-earn 2 whole levels, the game stopped my progress and made me go back a few trees to relearn these same or almost exact same spots i have already earned. I am just going to play as norml and see this is just a carrot and a stick for a useless prize that for the amount of diamonds needed to finish it would be like flushing $20's down the toilet. (my opinion as a gamer since pong but only 2 weeks in this game)

DeletedUser3789

I have never seen so many people moan and bitch and complain about absolutely everything. If it's not the toughness of the revamped battle system, it's how crappy this tent looks or how shitty the culture level is for wherever someone might be on the tech tree. You play for free and moan because you can't progress as fast as you used to. Don't like it? Spend some money you tight asses. Or put a cork in it.

Well said...er...I Think.

Calenmir

By the same token they make it easy for the person with the long production time and short scout time... don't they???
I have never seen so many people moan and bitch and complain about absolutely everything. If it's not the toughness of the revamped battle system, it's how crappy this tent looks or how shitty the culture level is for wherever someone might be on the tech tree. You play for free and moan because you can't progress as fast as you used to. Don't like it? Spend some money you tight asses. Or put a cork in it. I've got the tent, I'm happy with it and I got it simply by doing the things I normally would have been doing anyway. Am I going to keep it? Who knows, but for now it's sitting beside my main hall. Moan on...
This is what is stated in the VERY FIRST POST of this event - if you don't want to read what people have to say or if what people have to say is going to bother you (and it seems like it does, all the time) then don't read in the threads where they ask for feedback or opinions: "Please provide any feedback,..."

I've seen some nasty posts but you definitely win the prize this time!

ETA: And by the way, why is it that you can write a note that moans and complains about my post? At least my post was a bid to create even results for all players, your post is a complaint that has nothing to do with the end results of the event. Swearing at or about us and name calling is totally unnecessary.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4566

I am stuck on 10 because I don't have enough coins to continue to produce goods and Scout to get the Relics that I need to create the Spells. It sux!! Because they moved me back so far, the Scouting costs way too much and I have stopped growing .... grrrrrr .... now, I am spending all my money upgrading my Residences for coins :mad:
By the way, did anyone do a Load Test to see what it was going to do to the Server when the Quest was to produce so many 5 minute Goods??? You should know that the Load Test can never = real life masses

DeletedUser1016

The reward for halloween event is going to be almost 3,000 population and 3,000 culture...
Is there going to be a Halloween Event? Can someone say?
And by the way, why is it that you can write a note that moans and complains about my post?
I know -right....a whiner, whining about whining!!! [I hope this is interpreted correctly, I'm agreeing with you Calenmir, not calling you a whiner.]