• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonky Walter's is coming to Town!

DeletedUser4653

The 5200 is just based on the increase in later chapters.
The amount of culture the building provides will not change with future chapters, once you win it, that is what you get.
Are the quests the same for everyone regardless of which chapter you are in? If so, why is it more valuable to those who are in later chapters? I won't be doing this if that's the case.

DeletedUser4366

How on earth is any player that just started playing in the past few weeks going to be able to finish the second quest
Gain 1000 of steel planks and marble

@Andrew420 Easy - join a fellowship that supports its members...

Are the quests the same for everyone regardless of which chapter you are in? If so, why is it more valuable to those who are in later chapters? I won't be doing this if that's the case.

@Wistful Mactavish The quests are the exact same. Our FS has members with a couple of thousand points and others with over 100K

DeletedUser4659

Well, I have finished all 12 quest and cannot locate the way in which to build it.
Any suggestions?

DeletedUser3610

Well, I have finished all 12 quest and cannot locate the way in which to build it.
Any suggestions?
Click on the Inventory bag at the bottom of the screen where your spells are stored, there's a tab named "Buildings" there, click on it. The prize should be there and you should be able to build it from there.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I agree, the quests should be chapter based like the rewards are. We had a mod post once saying it couldn't be done, but we know this is untrue since it's already done with the declinable quests.
At least low chapter players have an advantage when it comes to "scout 2 provinces" quests....

DeletedUser3312

I agree, the quests should be chapter based like the rewards are. We had a mod post once saying it couldn't be done, but we know this is untrue since it's already done with the declinable quests

Every game I have every played has made contests level based. so it is very possible and very common. smiles. Why they do not do it here, I have no clue. It is just not of interest to Inno. As to the prizes being level based, I agree with that for the most part.

Calenmir

Prizes and rewards should be the same for everyone. I know I work just as hard to finish the quests, and I'll admit I'm only playing as I have nothing else to do (I really don't want that prize especially if it is what I think it is), but if I were seriously trying to get this then my culture should be the same as everyone's. Just because I'm only in chapter two doesn't mean it isn't hard for me to compete and complete or that I don't have high culture needs. If I have only one factory in my boosted good, I have to spend three days getting the one reward/relic, then slightly over one day to get the next good. Whereas someone with 3 factories (perhaps because they are further along, have more space and more coins and supplies to upgrade or build) in their boosted good spends one day for the one boosted good then nine hours to get the next item. If the new player has not upgraded the magic academy it takes over a day to get the reward/relic for that. There are people working very hard to get this and likely won't succeed, but if they do the reward should be the same - no matter what chapter you are at.

If I understand it correctly, if you are only in chapter 2 (for instance) your culture on the building is lower - how is that fair when you worked just as hard (if not harder) to get the building and its benefits?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If I understand it correctly, if you are only in chapter 2 (for instance) your culture on the building is lower - how is that fair when you worked just as hard (if not harder) to get the building and its benefits?
It does seem unfair, but there is no way to balance it otherwise. If everyone got the same price it would either be way too powerful for low level players, or total garbage for high level players.

They have some quests that are more fair than others--
  • Produce a spell is fair since everyone has the same MA.
  • Produce 5x advanced tools is better than produce 5,000 supplies, but still favors advanced players
  • Scout a province heavily favors low players.
  • collect 50,000 coins obviously favors advanced players
  • Make 200 beverages is just plain boring, and honestly a little lazy on the designers end of things.
  • Make 3x 24h boosted goods is not too bad (the key is to have enough room to build some level 1 factories early and ignore them until the quest comes up)
I just realized I'm getting quests from Wonky mixed up with the halloween event on Beta, so I'll stop there lol

DeletedUser

I agree that it seems unfair to have different prize levels depending on where a player is located on the Research Tree, but I agree with SoggyShort's comments about how one prize does not really fit all either. It makes sense to rate certain prizes on where a player is currently playing so that a prize is not too low or too high and so that it will actually be useful with your game at the time you win it. But, it is also then a bit frustrating in the future when you outgrow the usefulness of the prize.

I do prefer to see quests that are as equal as possible, ie, creating Magic Academy spells that take us all the same time & same costs. That helps not to weigh the contest in favor of either newbies or advanced players.

I think the devs are onto a good plan with prize quests like this - it allows players choice in whether they participate, and winning the prize(s) creates a way to personalize your city in a way that the normal game guidelines don't. I really liked the Summer Solstice quest line because you could choose the prizes that you wanted in a short window of time, so it really allowed for a lot of variation on what people chose, and if you were choosing a prize personally, it probably means you liked the look of it a lot & will be willing to keep it around even if you outgrow the usefulness a bit.

Anyway, I've done a few lines in this quest but I'm not really sure that I want this prize, so I'm not sure if I'll finish it. But, it does give players something else to do & that's a good thing, IMHO.

DeletedUser3871

I do prefer to see quests that are as equal as possible, ie, creating Magic Academy spells that take us all the same time & same costs. That helps not to weigh the contest in favor of either newbies or advanced players.

Depends on what level academy you have. If you have a Level 5 Academy. Takes only 4 hours to produce a provision spell as opposed to 10 hours in a Level 3 Academy

Calenmir

I do get that higher level players have higher culture needs and a building putting out a lot of culture would be overload for a newer player but you can put the building up when it's needed and/or when you have the space - you don't have to put it up as soon as you get it.

DeletedUser188

The quest only requires you to "gain" the goods, not to "have" the goods.
If you have a helpful neighbor - possibly one who's in the same situation - and an amount of each good between you, then just trade those small amounts back and forth, eg. trade (say) 100 Steel for Marble, then trade the received Marble for Planks, the Planks for Steel, Steel for Marble, etc, etc. With the same goods going round in circles, you could do the quest fairly quickly/easily.
Thank for the advice but I am aware of all this I have been playing everyday since this game started
Since everyone else is so smart and obviously I don't have a clue could anyone tell me how in my new city can I trade for enough unboosted goods
When I cant produce enough boosted goods in the time frame to trade with and I wont waste diamonds
This is a city I just started last week 4 days before event started my
I am pointing out the fact that it is very hard for lower level cities to earn the same amount of goods as a higher level one
So having that quest in an event where the prize is age dependent is wrong
When the value of the prize varies at different levels the quests requirements should also vary depending on age
They provide an out for advanced players that have long scout times
Scout a province or produce power of provision

Calenmir

I know you are trying to make a point but for anyone else in the same situation, if you are in a fellowship or if you have a good neighbor willing to help, here is what I did with one of my FS members. Both he and I only had 50ish steel. I told him to place a trade 'whatever' marble amount (he had) for the 50 steel. He did it, I accepted. Then I added my 50 steel to it (making it a trade of 100 steel) and sent it back with a comparable marble amount (100 marble). We traded that same trade until he had both his steel and marble. Once he had his 1000 points (now in both marble and steel) he sent me back my 50 steel. It's slow but doable. If you don't have a fellowship or good neighbor, then I suspect you won't likely make the deadline.

I agree that this is very hard to complete for the newer player who doesn't have any idea how to complete this event with their meager buildings, but the quests are something fun to do and it kills time (sort of).

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

Yes, that is a great way to do it Calenmir! I had just started a city on Arendyll during the Summer Solstice, one of the quests was very similar, but I found people to trade our tiny amounts of goods back and forth so we can complete it. By the time that event was over, I had a Venars rock 1 in that city even though I made that city during the event! Even for this event, some of the quests may seem very challenging, they are all still very much doable. I don't think events need to be easy, the prizes can provide your city with great benefits no matter what chapter you are in. That means if you want it, you gotta work to get it :)

Calenmir

I agree and thank you. For me I don't want the prize, but I am reaping benefits of more boosted goods (well, sort of, my boost is steel and as you can see above I run out of it often and was clock watching that 24 hr production because I badly needed the steel), supplies etc. And it's fun. I found that my regular quests are also benefiting from WW's quests - there have been a couple that, so far, that worked for both quests.

DeletedUser3297

You'll gain more boosted goods from 2 nine-hour productions and 1 three hour production. I typically set them before bedtime for a 9 hour, then another 9 hour when I leave for work. Finally a 3 hour when I come home from work. The longer the production times are in your workshops and manufactories, the less you actually produce per day.

Doing it this way, I earn 14046/day in tier one and it's only 21 hours, so I can even squeeze in another 3 hour production! If I would set them all for a 24 hour production, I would only collect 8278/day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calenmir

Yes, but the quest needs 3 24h productions. I had one doing 24hr and one doing 9hr. I still kept running out of steel (trades and such).