• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

"Do you really want to decline the quest? This cannot be reversed"

Add a "Do not show this message again" check box .

• Total voters

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
. But blocking a great idea until that happens isn't helpful. It is like voting against having a winter coat because you'd rather move to Florida. Well, you currently live in Alaska, so a coat is a useful item right now.
Not bad, I'd say it's a little more like asking the devs to turn up the heat in a cold room rather than running on a treadmill to keep warm.
To me, supporting this idea is like telling the devs "No no, the treadmill is fine, just give me some running shoes"

Last edited:

DeletedUser3312

But, barring that, this stupid message is annoying and terrifies newcomers who are sure they will lose a quest forever if they decline one that is on a repeating loop. It is annoying and it needs to g

lol... I was just writing about this in another post. I played for almost 4 months before I learned that you could decline the quests and the world would not end lol. So many new players are bumfuzzled by "this can't be reversed" doom and gloom message. Oy vey iz mir.....

DeletedUser43

Soggy, maybe you don't know, but we have asked a million times over for the supplies bonus to be tied to our visiting our neighbors and not them visiting us, and the answer has always been...we are working on fixing the world map. Well, you have seen how well that has worked. NOT. And we have asked them to give us more supplies and the answer is get a magic academy and pay a fortune for a magic workshop. So that is their answer to our need for more supplies.

In the meantime, until you can get them to do those other things, this would be hugely helpful.

DeletedUser61

I will be more careful about voicing my concerns or opinions on this forum from now on .
the objective of this game is "Increase" . If your not doing this .... your doing it wrong .
It's been a while since we've. mentioned https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types. He makes a pretty good case that on-line gamers can be nicely divided into four categories.
  • Achievers - Getting a high score is the objective of the game.
  • Explorers - Understanding all of the nooks and crannies is what's interesting. Who wants to be a hamster?
  • Killers (Control Freaks) - Everybody in our fellowship visits all other members at least 4 times a week!
  • Socializers - We're here to have fun, not get carpal tunnel syndrome.
The interesting conclusion is that a HEALTHY game NEEDS all four types of players. It's a bit of a hunter/prey situation, and the different styles keep each other in check.

SoggyShorts

without these "Quest" there would be absolutely no reason for me to log on and "play" this game
Just so I'm clear on this; logging in every 3 hours and clicking decline 60 times is what makes the game enjoyable?
But clicking the confirmation to decline 60 times, that part is unbearable.
If you didn't have to do that, and instead your workshops were simply made better, then you'd find the game boring?

Devman

Just so I'm clear on this; logging in every 3 hours and clicking decline 60 times is what makes the game enjoyable?

No , in this game , collecting enough coins and supplies to advance further in the game is enjoyable .

But clicking the confirmation to decline 60 times, that part is unbearable.

No , answering the same question over and over and over and over with the same answer is ... unnecessary .

If you didn't have to do that, and instead your workshops were simply made better, then you'd find the game boring?

No , but not having an objective in the game for hours or days on end is boring .

Your 0 for 3 friend ... and your thinly veiled attempts to out logic me will not succeed . o_O

DeletedUser2963

In my main city(chapter 6) I have never declined a quest. I actually shift the focus in my city to complete every single quest as they arrive, its a thing.

In my baby city(chapter 2), I am right now cycling thru quests like a mad monkey...the snow flurry event is killing me and I am stuck on my research tree. I am actually going to loose kp if I don't cycle. I have never been tech locked before....Its unpleasant.

I do feel as though I am making use of a known exploit, its just too easy!

Its not an exploit, it has been in place too long. So, since it is a known and accepted feature of the game, I would have no issue with the scary warning message going away.

SoggyShorts

"Thinly veiled"? I thought I was being blunt (if a little sarcastic and judgy):p

You said if the quests weren't there you'd have no reason to log in and "play." The implication was pretty clear that the quests are an integral part of your enjoyment-- perhaps I misread?
For me that absurd click-fest is the worst part of the game.
Different strokes I guess.

DeletedUser5800

The only fun bit is the exploit and the exploit is to annoying... make the exploit better! :rolleyes:
I voted no, was just having this discussion with FS, it just feels wrong to me, but I found that old thread from the Beta experiment where they made it a 1 a day thing or whatever it was (before my time) it seemed like the Devs acknowledged it was unintended, tried to fix it, which I took as they don't like it... but then reverted and never did anything else which I took as a confusing mixed signal to go ahead if you wanna... I was debating whether I should be doing it even though it feels wrong, because so many others are and I'm just punishing myself with my own standards apparently... I never got a real answer and am still up in the air on where the Devs currently stand, but it was obviously unintentional to begin with whatever the case which does technically make it an exploit whether they fixed it or not... I've done talked myself in and out of the idea about a dozen times in the past week like a little kid thinking about sneaking candy I know I'm not supposed to have.

Devman

Quest ? integral , No not really , but having a daily goal or objective is pretty important , much like these special events , the Halloween pumpkin event , this Winter event . It helps keep interest in the game and at the same time gives you that ever so false sense of achievement .

Click-fest , exactly .. it is the worst , which is why I started this thread . with a simple check box we could cut that click-fest in half .

I suppose I could just set everything to 24 and 48 hours and just Not play the game in between . But then that would make the game about as entertaining to play as the "click-fest" of the Quest .

Exploit ? defined as "make full use of and derive benefit from a resource" .. Ok , I'm "exploiting" the game . :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5800

Exploit ? defined as "make full use of and derive benefit from a resource"
Exploit def.
2. a software tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system... though I guess that def. makes the person doing the exploiting the tool... :D Seriously though, I can't figure out a good reason not to other than my imaginary moral code, which is just that, but I still don't see making something unintentional easier as good idea from a developmental standpoint. Unless they will come right out and say it's intentional now in which case I would probably do it even if it was annoying. Maybe they should add a 'decline forever' button so the loop could get shortened and people could just do the same quest over an over without the looping...
...because that wouldn't defeat the whole purpose at all. {sarcasm}

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I voted no simply cause I don't believe this gets anywhere close to the heart of the problem. Some people above have made comments more on track with the actual issue. The quest situation is broken and needs an overhaul in my opinion, much rather see the whole area be fixed then patch something that the devs have made very clear they don't want to see happen in the first place.

If you don't think they have made this clear ask bobbykitty (or any other beta player) what they did on beta to "fix" this about a year ago, they haven't got a solution yet. They made some modifications to slow down the cycling and initially made it more attractive (nothing like several thousand free goods per day :p) until they finally settled on the current quest options. I have no doubt they will come back to it at some point in the future the questions are more when? and what?

DeletedUser3696

I find that the looping quests were never intended to be used as much as they are, but since the game has never been balanced players are forced to do it over and over again.
13k supplies x 20 or x40 times a day is not balance. The fact some players have said they don't have as many workshops as they should because they know they can exploit this fact is exactly why it needs to be eliminated from the game.

Personally, I think the quests are annoying. I'd like them completely gone (I know that will never happen).

The 3 most tedious things in the game for me are:
1) Manual fighting in tournaments - I just won't do it
2) World visits - only if I'm desperate
3) Declining quests - this one is a distant 3rd

Devman

Didn't really think there would be so much opposition to a little check box . I totally get having a moral game code . In GTAV I have never even car jacked the AI , I've never shot at the police unless the mission required it , and I wont shoot at or grieve another player , unless that player aggresses me first .

Moral game code is a good thing , shows character . But , refusing to utilize an option that allows you to progress through a game without infringing on the game play of others is .... odd . But then I don't put on a cape and wizard hat before I play Elvenar either so ... what do I know .

I never really thought that Inno would change anything in this game to make it easier , or faster . But .. I'm glad I posted it . A persons true charter is exposed through adversity . This friendly little forum group is not as open to new ideas as I once thought , and with that , I feel the post was a success ;)

One should not be labeled a hack or exploiter for simply posting an idea you don't agree with . Good luck growing this forum community .... your going to need it .

SoggyShorts

I think people are pretty open to new ideas, perhaps your idea wasn't as simple and one sided as you thought.
Hopefully people reading this thread will see the big picture and support overall changes to the current system.

DeletedUser5800

put on a cape and wizard hat before I play Elvenar
I don't wear a cape, I wear a robe!, and my pointy hat isn't even that wizardy! and if I became an elite in one day on the forums that's pretty awesome. :cool: I honestly didn't mean to be eviscerating, some of that was just friendly ribbing, maybe I've interneted to much and forgot how to properly communicate like a civilized muggle (see, friendly ribbing). But my general feeling is the same, I wouldn't expect them to 'fix' an annoyance contained in a broken/or at least outdated feature by making it easier to use in an unintended fashion no matter how clever or widespread that fashion is. It would be cool if they just made the whole feature more harmonious and balanced to the quester type. I would vote for that. ;)

DeletedUser975

Hotkey the "D" for declining quests. Cycling through quests takes time and effort, so reducing the # of workshops you use requires more work and effort on the players part. Fair trade-off IMHO.

P.S. UPDATE THE WIKI!!!!!

SoggyShorts

But then I don't put on a cape and wizard hat before I play Elvenar
2z4fx9w.jpg

DeletedUser1036

Actually, I see that message at least 200 times a day.
Same here....and it doesn't bother me one bit.It takes about 3 full minutes to scroll through the whole thing to get back to the one I use all the time which is a 100k coin reward for making tools.