• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

"Do you really want to decline the quest? This cannot be reversed"

Add a "Do not show this message again" check box .

• Total voters

Devman

This topic may have been better suited for the "Ideas and Suggestions" forum but I'm gonna go ahead throw this out here for general discussion.

On the topic of cycling through quest, or as its been said "looping quest" , I believe a very small change in this action would be greatly appreciated throughout the community. I apologize if this topic has been visited before now, but I was unable to find any threads regarding my issue.

"Do you really want to decline the quest? This cannot be reversed" ....

If I see this message one more time I may very well rip my eyeballs out from the sockets .

First off, the message itself is a bit misleading. Reversed ? maybe not but you will have the opportunity to complete the challenge just by looping through the quest lines again.

Seriously , Is this really necessary ? I have seen this message no fewer that 10,000 times , I think I have it memorized by now . I get it .

It slows the game down, It is not necessary, and quite frankly it is extremely annoying .

In 1995 , Microsoft windows was able to incorporated an ingenuous little device to make our lives a bit easier. It was a little check box that said "Do not show this message again". This technology is over 20 years old , Why ... why can you not implement this one tiny little option to improve game play for everyone .

"Do you really want to decline the quest? This cannot be reversed" PLEASE ... GET RID OF THIS - Add the checkbox .... please .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I voted no. The reason being that I still believe that the looping questline causes huge balance issues in the game and I want nothing that encourages it. It needs to be removed, not made easier.
You shouldn't be able to get more supplies with 8 level 1 workshops than with 8 level 17 workshops.
Get rid of the looping quests, and increase the output of workshops.

DeletedUser5251

How many quests are you declining a day? I've never noticed it being that prevalent. Of course, I like order and following rules, so I don't really decline quests unless I have no hope of completing them. I like the pop up, just like for spending diamonds, just in case I accidentally hit the wrong button. Then again, the diamond thing does have the option of not being shown again. So, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to add it in for declined quests. I just wouldn't utilize it because I appreciate the opportunity to undo accidental button clicking.

Devman

balance issues

Not sure I understand your theory of balance issues regarding quest , could elaborate a bit on these issues ?

more supplies with 8 level 1 workshops than with 8 level 17 workshops

I don't understand , players with level 17 workshops are no longer able to participate in quest ? sorry, I'm just a little confused ;-)

I would vote no as well, but I don't see the same quest 200 times a day. If you need supplies that badly, you should upgrade and/or add more workshops.

200 times a day was an obvious exaggeration for the sake of emphasis , not to be taken literally .

As for looping quest for increased supply and coins , the objective of this game is "Increase" . If your not doing this .... your doing it wrong .

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Not sure I understand your theory of balance issues regarding quest , could elaborate a bit on these issues ?
  1. It is actually pretty hard to get enough supplies without using the looping quest exploit.
  2. So people "have to" use the looping quests.
  3. Since people are using the looping quests there is technically no shortage of supplies.
  4. Now the devs won't re-balance the supply costs or productions.
  5. This means all players now either must use the looping quests, or overbuild workshops.
I don't understand , players with level 17 workshops are no longer able to participate in quest ? sorry, I'm just a little confused ;-)
It is far more space efficient to only build level 1 workshops, and do the "2 advanced tools and xxx coins" quests every 3h several times. You save massive amounts of culture, population and space.
This is counter-intuitive.
Someone who builds max level workshops should make more supplies than someone who only builds level 1 workshops.

SoggyShorts

And this is a bad thing ? I think you and I have a very different idea of what makes this game fun . ;-)
Yes. level 1 buildings outproducing level 17 buildings is a bad thing. In any other game this would be called an exploit and be removed.
I totally can see that some players love finding an imbalance in a game and using it to beat the system, but it doesn't make for a good and balanced game imo.

As far as how you others and I see "fun" in this game,
You Some players figured this out and thought "sweet, I can get way more supplies than I should be able to, this is great!"
I figured this out and sent in a bug report.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3297

... the objective of this game is "Increase" . If your not doing this .... your doing it wrong .

My workshops increase my supplies just fine. I always have enough supplies to do what I need to. I just spent 210,000 supplies to add portal tracks for 11 granite mines and I still have all the supplies I need to unlock techs and train troops.

We all play the game differently. There is no wrong way. I like to fight and you like to cycle quests :)

Devman

level 1 buildings outproducing level 17 buildings is a bad thing

Level 17 building do produce more than level 1 buildings . Level 17 building players can "Loop Quest" just like a level 1 building player can . If they don't produce more product its because they choose not too .

some players love finding an imbalance in a game and using it to beat the system

If I wasn't such an easy going nice guy I might take that as an insult . I know your a respected member of this forum. I know you have helped a lot of players with your assistance and information in many areas . Insulting other players because they don't play this game the same way you do seems to be a little outside of your normal ... helpful persona .

You figured this out and thought "sweet, I can get way more goods than I should be able to, this is great!"

So your a mind reader now ? don't quit your day job , cause you just totally missed the mark . I wasn't thinking that at all . What I was thinking is - More coins and supply = Good . Less coins and supply = Bad . But since you feel the need to label me , I will be more careful about voicing my concerns or opinions on this forum from now on .

We all play the game differently. There is no wrong way.

I was not suggesting that if you don't loop quest you are doing it wrong ... I was suggesting that if your primary goal is not "Increase" you are doing it wrong. Its not that I "like to cycle quest" . The point of this thread was that I Do Not Like reading the same warning message over and over and over , which should have indicated that I in fact do Not like to "cycle quest"

Yes we all play differently , and should not be insulted if our game play differs from others . ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

@Devman
I apologize if my post seemed to be an attack on you, I didn't intend that. Truly. I have a bad habit of phrasing things as "you could do this" when I mean the general "you" not "devman" I should have replaced those with "someone"
I see the forums as 2 (or more)people discussing a theory and therefore each representing one side. It's not personal

The reason level 1 workshops make more than level 17 is because of the space. If I make 2 level 17 workshops, and the residences and culture to support them, how many level 1 workshops could someone place in the same space?
I will be more careful about voicing my concerns or opinions on this forum from now on .
Please don't. Thoughtful debate is far more important to me than having people agree with my point of view.

Last edited:

Devman

I apologize if my post seemed to be an attack on you,

No problem friend . I do understand your point of view . Its just that I don't agree with it . I see this game as a challenge to increase and organize . cycling through quest that I cannot meet allows me to complete quest challenges that I can, thus increasing my ability to progress through the game , not to find a way around actually playing the game . I'm not trying to out do or beat anyone or interfere with anyone's enjoyment of this game , just "increase and organize" . The constant warning messages during quest ... for me anyways , is absurdly repetitive . Hence the hullabaloo ;-)

DeletedUser2870

How many quests are you declining a day? I've never noticed it being that prevalent. Of course, I like order and following rules, so I don't really decline quests unless I have no hope of completing them. I like the pop up, just like for spending diamonds, just in case I accidentally hit the wrong button. Then again, the diamond thing does have the option of not being shown again. So, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to add it in for declined quests. I just wouldn't utilize it because I appreciate the opportunity to undo accidental button clicking.

That is exactly the problem and the reason I try to ignore them.

Upgrade a factory to lvl 11 or higher. Nope.Not placing non boosted ones and the boosted ones already are maxed.
Upgrade a BOOSTED factory to lvl 11 or higher...same as above.
Upgrade a workshop to lvl 11 or higher...same
Upgrade a residence to lvl 11 or higher...same
Upgrade a building to lvl 11 or higher...same
Produce 1x 24hr production for tier 1...nope, completely uneconomical
Produce 1x 24hr production for tier 2...nope, same as above
Produce 1x 24hr production for tier 3...nope, same as above again
Fight and win in 3 encounters...don't make me laugh, that's been impossible since they changed the battle-system
Complete a province. Sure, if it happens to pop up just before finishing AND I'm thinking about it...but with a 3-day scoutingtime I really am not going to check on that.

Just get rid of ALL recycle-quests once passed chapter 6 or 7 or so, after completing the advanced scouts there. They were meant as a help for starting players. I hardly ever look at them anymore. When one happens to me met I'll complete it, check if the next one is possible, if so, fine. If not, put a possible one up. But that's it. Not endlessly going to recycle quests.

If that's not an option, a 'permanent decline' option would be nice making sure they don't return.

DeletedUser

NO i need that msg, i some time click that fast that with it and i still miss the quest (no joke) But shore a check box for people who dont like it.

WAIT you can make more sup with only coin quest and low lvl workshops???? OMG ty for the info, have to restructure after event anyway.

BTW the quests are very important for low players and give them extra activity, if you dont like them ignore them, if you are concern some people "abuse the system" just "abuse' more :p dont ruin others fun becouse you dont have time or dont want to do the efort. More sup dosnt imbalance the game much, to many others stoper around.

SoggyShorts

if you dont like them ignore them
It's very hard to ignore them, because costs are very high and production is very low BECAUSE these endless quests are available.

More sup dosnt imbalance the game much, to many others stoper around.
That's not true. The game is heavily balanced around these quests-- they were removed once in Beta, without upping normal workshop production, and the whole server nearly died.

I am NOT saying the quests should simply be removed. They should be REPLACED, and workshop production should be rebalanced.
It's both the cause and the effect-
Costs are high (and stay high) because players can rely on the endless quests.
Players rely on the endless quests because costs are high
repeat repeat repeat

DeletedUser2870

I think the repeatable quests should be removed in the higher levels of the game. Or perhaps replaced with something more suitable.

But I see quests as being there only for 2 things
1 - to guide a player through the current chapter. These aren't repeatable, fine by me.
2 - to help a new player get a bit of a start since the production is so low at the start of the game. Though fine in itself, it also means the game has an inherent flaw that is being patched by quests. And only partially so, since it's coins and supplies, but in the lower levels it's practically impossible to get enough goods. No quests with goods as a reward.

All in all, by the time someone finished chapter 5 (or 6, but one needs to draw the line somewhere), the city should be able to produce enough coins and supplies to run without being dependant on repeatable quests all the time. If it is, either the city is not ordered properly, or if it is a common problem, the game has a severe flaw, which should be repaired.
That's why I feel they should be removed after unlocking the chest for chapter 6 or so.

Devman

I am in chapter 4 Wisdom and Wonders .

I am currently in the 17 Quest cycle . I use only 2 of these 17 when I cycle through . I use "Gain 2000 supplies" Rewarding 45000 coins . I currently have 12 level 6 workshops .

With 3hr "Advanced Tools" and good neighbor help to 170 culture , I can cycle "Gain 2000 supplies" 3 times using 4 workshops per cycle . That's 135,000 additional coins every 3 hours .

If you did this only 4 times a day that's 540,000 additional coins . In 9 hours overnight , I can do 4 cycles once a day . 180,000 additional coins even with 150% culture , for a daily total of 720,000 additional coins a day .

Secondly I use the Quest "Gain 200 Crystals , Rewarding 10,000 coins + 2000 supplies.

I currently have 8 level 8 Crystal factories @ 266% boost . In 3hr "Small Falcone" I can cycle this Quest once per two buildings = 4 times . That's 40,000 additional coins + 8,000 supplies.

If done only four times a day that's 160,000 coins + 32,000 supplies . At 9 hours "Alchemy Kit" I can cycle 1 Quest for each building , once a day , that's 80,000 coins + 16,000 supplies . For a another daily bonus of 240,000 additional coins a day with an extra 48,000 supplies .

Add that all up for a daily grand total of 960,000 additional coins a day without counting a single coin from your residents + 48,000 extra supplies . Why everyone is not doing this (absence of time constraints) is beyond me .

So , to stay on topic ... with a 17 Quest cycle , and you can check my math, I'm no math wizard , that's 272 times a day that I see this message ... "Do you really want to decline the quest? This cannot be reversed" ... and click 272 times a day .. (YES I Really do want to decline this quest)

I didn't imagine this thread would turn into a discussion on whether or not there should even be a Quest line in the game , without these "Quest" there would be absolutely no reason for me to log on and "play" this game ... period . The Quest ... are the Game, without which ... what do you do ??? just .. Wait ?

"But Dev ... waiting is half the fun"

.... um ... no .. its not .

DeletedUser3312

I have 15 level 17 workshops. I usually have enough goods. at times I run low as I am upgrading buildings and they take a huge amount of goods and completing things on the tech tree do as well. I seldom do the quests. Occasionally I will click through a few and see if there is anything and very occasionally I will do something a the green check mark lights up. yea me. lol. I don't remember for sure but I think it was a game called Castleville that had an ungodly number of quests that you simply scrolled through to see what you wanted to work on. That system is much more agreeable to me than the silly click click so dang many times waiting for something you feel like doing comes up. But... some people enjoy them and some people do not. Now that I am in fairies I really do not mess with them at all unless I feel I have to do one. example sell the dwarf portal and so on. I knew that one was coming because of the wonderful information shared in this forum and so I did not sell until I got into fairies and finished scouting. the quest then came up and I sold. In this way, should something change down the line and quests became important to me in the game, I will be okay. Smiles. Have a wonderful rest of your day and stay warm!!!

DeletedUser43

200 times a day was an obvious exaggeration for the sake of emphasis , not to be taken literally .

Actually, I see that message at least 200 times a day. I have tons of quests that I will never do and I decline them over and over.

Yes. level 1 buildings outproducing level 17 buildings is a bad thing.

That is because the quest used to be GAIN x number of coins and you get x number of supplies. Then they decided to be cute and add the silly requirement that you also have 2 advanced tools in order to satisfy that quest. Because of that, we all need a stupid amount of level 1 workshops. You could simply remove that requirement and all would be good.

As you get through the tech tree, the requirement for supplies gets astronomical. Your whole city needs to be nothing but houses and culture to supply all those workshops and then you have so little room for anything else. I mean, yeah, you can have a city like that, but who wants to? I'd rather have some interesting buildings. So, I only have 8 workshops and I use the quests for the supplies.

Ever since the world map was designed to only give you the supply bonus if a neighbor visits you, but gives you the coin bonus if you visit a neighbor, the amount of supplies we need has been grossly and dramatically unbalanced. We get millions of coins but hardly any supplies and you need just as many supplies as coins. It is crazy.

I would rather see the workshops give ten times the amount of supplies, or just give you the supply bonus for visiting neighbors. Either or. That would balance it back out.

But, barring that, this stupid message is annoying and terrifies newcomers who are sure they will lose a quest forever if they decline one that is on a repeating loop. It is annoying and it needs to go. If you want to try to get a better system going Soggy, then sure, ask for it. But blocking a great idea until that happens isn't helpful. It is like voting against having a winter coat because you'd rather move to Florida. Well, you currently live in Alaska, so a coat is a useful item right now.