• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prepare for the Masquerade!

DeletedUser9474

Mind sharing how you got 6.3 days? Are your scouts 3+ days, or am I missing something else?
Produce Beverages 50 times = 5x5m = 25 min
- Produce Bread 30 times 3x1h = 3h
- Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to Level 10 or higher 24h?
- Solve 26 Encounters or gain 26 Relics 1h?
- Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher 24h?
- Produce Simple Tools 40 times 4x15m=1h
- Gain 14 Relics 1h?
- Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 4 or higher 5h (you could use those 4 extra workshops you built)
- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions) 6h
- Spend 23 Knowledge Points 3h (use a spell to store 20)
- Produce Basket of Groceries 12 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 12 productions) 18h
- Produce Toolbox 10 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (same as above) 24h
It will take me several days of tournaments to get that many relics dude. I have no idea how you get one hour.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Mind sharing how you got 6.3 days? Are your scouts 3+ days, or am I missing something else?
Produce Beverages 50 times = 5x5m = 25 min
- Produce Bread 30 times 3x1h = 3h
- Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to Level 10 or higher 24h?
- Solve 26 Encounters or gain 26 Relics 1h?
- Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher 24h?
- Produce Simple Tools 40 times 4x15m=1h
- Gain 14 Relics 1h?
- Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 4 or higher 5h (you could use those 4 extra workshops you built)
- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions) 6h
- Spend 23 Knowledge Points 3h (use a spell to store 20)
- Produce Basket of Groceries 12 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 12 productions) 18h
- Produce Toolbox 10 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (same as above) 24h
Maybe Kats was being as pessimistic as you are optimistic? Assuming the user can pick up 40 relics in 2 hours is making a few other assumptions like being good at combat or having a solid supply of negotiating product and either has 5 scouted but unfinished provinces or is in a fellowship and able to clear 15 tourney provinces in one pass. Upgrading assumes the player isn't up against a tight map for buildings, or is willing to throw away one or more buildings just to upgrade them again. If they've added four small workshops to bring it to 11, then they certainly aren't going to be anywhere close to "Gain a good amount of Supplies" (Three times) resulting from those cycles, which means they need more time to accumulate extra supplies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Kats Andra @Ashrem
Having no idea what chapter @Kats Andra is in makes it tough to guess.
Either A) You are advanced enough that you can cater a bunch of tournament provinces, or B) in a low enough chapter that you can scout 4-5 provinces in preparation for the event. If you are somewhere in between, then a little of both should do it.

I've never understood when people consistently have such a hard time with the relics quests. We know that every single event asks us to gain relics, so instead of clearing provinces, save them for events. Clearing a province right away doesn't really get you anything, the 8 KP/relics and a rune can wait. Personally I never clear on the world map until I have enough scouted that it will get me an expansion. Even then, we almost always get 7 days notice from the Beta server, so that should be loads of time to scout some more. Sure, this time we didn't get 7 days, but the last event was called "part 1" so the hint was there.

DeletedUser9474

Maybe Kats was being as pessimistic as you are optimistic? Assuming the user can pick up 40 relics in 2 hours is making a few other assumptions like being good at combat or having a solid supply of negotiating product and either has 5 scouted but unfinished provinces or is in a fellowship and able to clear 15 tourney provinces in one pass. Upgrading assumes the player isn't up against a tight map for buildings, or is willing to throw away one or more buildings just to upgrade them again. If they've added four small workshops to bring it to 11, then they certainly aren't going to be anywhere close to "Gain a good amount of Supplies" (Three times) resulting from those cycles, which means they need more time to accumulate extra supplies.
I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being mathematical. I'm only in the third chapter, I can't clear a bunch of provinces in a few days, it takes me about a week (I'm already 13 provinces ahead of the requirement for the next chapter (and only half way through) from the recent quest events)making any province very hard. So I must earn relics through the tourney. From reading here, many many folks clear relics through the tourney. This I can do, but it takes time to wait for the second, and in this case, third round on step 4 as I will have 7 opportunities at most. My fellowship is casual. I plan to upgrade the 4 'new' WS but yes, how many supplies I can gather is an unknown at this point. I didn't come in here to whine, actually. If lower level folks aren't intended to be able to get this (even though it's watered down for them) then it would have been nice to know that before dumping all the effort into part 1 which I sailed through. I suspect I'm not nearly the only one in this situation. I'm pretty sure almost all my guild is in the same place. Which is why I came to mention it when I calculated it out.

SoggyShorts

Except for more expansions....
Only the last province gets you the expansion;)

Which still doesn't provide you with the materials to negotiate them.
just stop.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

I fit in 2 lvl 1's but to have to upgrade anything lol no way till I burn my farms and have space again I used 525 spots just for chapter 11 farms, fields and portal.

Inno you got to be kidding after using that much space up for guest race.

DeletedUser3507

lol I am at the end of chapter working on AW tech, by the way @SoggyShorts I ended up doing 7 tier 3's to lvl 23.

And now I have 7 AW's, remember when I was a AW hater, love the rebalancing...:cool::D

I just might up grade the grain fields soon as I have enough Tinglre bread

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9474

Which still doesn't provide you with the materials to negotiate them.
Except for more expansions....
And KP! Let's not forget the KP!

@SoggyShorts I want to think you're a nice person who just doesn't' realize how arrogant you sound. I'm sure you always do things the right way (TM) I however, being relatively new, am learning to play it my way.. not your way. You may feel that those silly little things like KP and expansions can wait but I do not agree. Maybe your thing is clicking a million times to gather goods and supplies but I enjoy building the city, fighting the battles, learning the combat system, working the quests etc. The KP helped me get to chapter III and to the point where I can fight and win in most tournaments (I only catered 2 the last tourney), the relics helped my spells and boosted my goods, the expansions should go without explanation but without them I'd not have enough troops and no place to put the rewards. Being new, I don't know what alerts they always post as this is only my 3rd or 4th trip to the forums. I'm always open to tips and suggestions but if the attitude is there's only one way to play the game (cater everything, spend most your time gathering goods/supplies and prepping more, put everything in neat little rows with fifteen of the exact same thing and just shove everything else around the edges with no eye to beauty.. ) then I'm out. Judging from how few folks actually post here in a week, I kinda wonder if others feel the same. I came to give feedback from a low level fairly new person in the hopes that they could perhaps scale the amounts needed since the rewards are certainly scaled. I'm leaving feeling less likely to put in my two cents the next time. Perhaps that was subtly the goal... SMH

DeletedUser8847

Well very simple counting, I am not done even in a week of that all.
Beveridges - stay at the computer
Simple tools - stay at the computer
upgrading 4 buildings - ??? time
spend 23 knowledge points - taaaa... one night
basked of groceries - sleep 9 hours
produce toolbox - sleep the day away!
Solving encounters just in some point takes too much time, much recourses if you want to negotive
Reserch technology - taa... what if that takes over 60 knowledge points?

Like simple mathmatic, players like me should not even bother themselves to that because it is impossible to go thru

DeletedUser8847

And KP! Let's not forget the KP!

@SoggyShorts I want to think you're a nice person who just doesn't' realize how arrogant you sound. I'm sure you always do things the right way (TM) I however, being relatively new, am learning to play it my way.. not your way. You may feel that those silly little things like KP and expansions can wait but I do not agree. Maybe your thing is clicking a million times to gather goods and supplies but I enjoy building the city, fighting the battles, learning the combat system, working the quests etc. The KP helped me get to chapter III and to the point where I can fight and win in most tournaments (I only catered 2 the last tourney), the relics helped my spells and boosted my goods, the expansions should go without explanation but without them I'd not have enough troops and no place to put the rewards. Being new, I don't know what alerts they always post as this is only my 3rd or 4th trip to the forums. I'm always open to tips and suggestions but if the attitude is there's only one way to play the game (cater everything, spend most your time gathering goods/supplies and prepping more, put everything in neat little rows with fifteen of the exact same thing and just shove everything else around the edges with no eye to beauty.. ) then I'm out. Judging from how few folks actually post here in a week, I kinda wonder if others feel the same. I came to give feedback from a low level fairly new person in the hopes that they could perhaps scale the amounts needed since the rewards are certainly scaled. I'm leaving feeling less likely to put in my two cents the next time. Perhaps that was subtly the goal... SMH

I give to you few tips though I am too low level player.
Built 10 workshops - you don't need to update them but sell them after event is over. Like that you cut the edge of 50 beveridges and other things that are sone with workshop

Scout province to be ready to it's needs when time comes to complete it.
Have much of everything in your inventory, thus you gain relics fast

Enjoy your game. If you can't fill any task that event is asking, don't let it bother you.
Do things that make you happy. On the way you learn your own strategy to do things, give it some/lot of time

Thus you can make a difference in your town, remember a smile :)

DeletedUser8847

So when does part II start ?

it starts in next week. More accurate schedule I don't have.
Keep watchful eye on Announcement part, they publish it there before part 2 comes to live - to us all in every world

DeletedUser8847

I bet that sounded funnier in your head?
That one was funnier. Though neither was particularly a real response. Tricksy Soggieses.

why such ironic response?
If you don't respect others how can you respect yourself?

(that is needed to carve in the walls here where I live)

but it is truth,

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts I want to think you're a nice person who just doesn't' realize how arrogant you sound. I'm sure you always do things the right way (TM) I however, being relatively new, am learning to play it my way.. not your way.
Relax, I had no way of knowing you were that new. TBH it's been over a year since I had such a new city, and back then tournaments gave different rewards.
I think a compromise quest of "Gain xx relics or scout z provinces" could work since scouting is pretty quick at the beginning.
Maybe your thing is clicking a million times to gather goods and supplies
Now we're even, I assumed you were at least in chapter 6, and you assumed I'm not a super lazy player who only sets productions a couple times each day--we were both wrong.
. I'm always open to tips and suggestions but if the attitude is there's only one way to play the game (cater everything, spend most your time gathering goods/supplies and prepping more, put everything in neat little rows with fifteen of the exact same thing and just shove everything else around the edges with no eye to beauty.. ) then I'm out.
There's really no way anyone help with advice on how to make your city beautiful as that will look different to each player, so if someone does offer any city design tips those will probably be based on what is the most efficient. Having a pretty city often leads to inefficiency which is fine of course, you're the one who has to look at your city every time you log in. It may however make events a little harder as they can be quite demanding of your space.
You may feel that those silly little things like KP and expansions can wait but I do not agree.
My point was that since you only get an expansion when you clear xx provinces, that you can choose to keep a few open and hoard those goods/troops for when an event asks for you to gain relics instead of clearing it immediately upon your scouts return. 3 open provinces is 24 KP, that is one day of KP, but it might make the difference between finishing an event or not.
I bet that sounded funnier in your head?
That wasn't a joke. If you need to clear 8 more provinces to get an expansion, only the last one gets you that expansion. So unless you are desperate for KP, or need those particular relics (1/3 chance if not maxed yet) and those relics will get you to the next boost level, keeping a few open provinces might be a good strategy considering the frequency of events.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That wasn't a joke. If you need to clear 8 more provinces to get an expansion, only the last one gets you that expansion.
I'm surprised you think that. It's like saying that when driving from Toronto to Vancouver, it's only the trip through BC that gets you there. You can't make that trip by only driving the last mile, and you can't get a province expansion by only doing the 8th province.

SoggyShorts

I'm surprised you think that. It's like saying that when driving from Toronto to Vancouver, it's only the trip through BC that gets you there. You can't make that trip by only driving the last mile, and you can't get a province expansion by only doing the 8th province.

Since the choice is to clear a province immediately, or to wait, we can assume you have the goods/troops to do so.
Therefore once you have 8 provinces unlocked you can clear all 8 more or less instantly.
Holding on to 8 might be too many if you have space for some KP, but holding on to a couple especially when you know an event is coming is a solid strategy imo.