• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Free

DeletedUser7421

I think that if everyone stopped spending money to feed this greedy beast of a game, we MAY have a better game to actually enjoy playing - and give the developers something to actually develop.

Pay because we want to out of appreciation, not because of arm twisting force applied from lack of land, lack of population, lack of culture, scouting too costly to move forward, residences that don't accumulate the population we need to upgrade even a couple boosted factories, events that force us to find space to build temporary non boosted factories and a ton of extra workshops - oh and then!! Prizes that require more land to build them on.

This game is a total disgrace to every element of online gaming development imaginable - and if you spend money on it, you are responsible for feeding this greed.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think that if everyone stopped spending money to feed this greedy beast of a game, we MAY have a better game to actually enjoy playing - and give the developers something to actually develop.
You don't appear to understand how businesses work. If everyone stops spending money, they'll shut the game down. Why would they pay programmers, artists, and web hosting for a game that isn't making them any money?

DeletedUser7421

You appear to misunderstand how online gaming really works. It's not the pressure to pay - msn chat shut down due to this. It's the desire to pay out of gratitude that keeps income coming in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You appear to misunderstand how online gaming really works. It's not the pressure to pay, msn chat shut down due to this. It's the desire to pay out of gratitude.
I'm not sure what MSN chat has to do with games, but since Inno reported generating over $150 million in revenue last year, your understanding might be flawed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7421

oh, and driving new players away due to not having a means to finance their city development - that just means you are losing their appreciation money when they have it, and also losing a lot of new active population to keep the current spenders going. Game dead - 22 months at this rate.

DeletedUser7421

This game is a total disgrace to every element of online gaming development imaginable. Did all you paying players GET THAT?

but since Inno reported generating over $150 million in revenue last year, your understanding is flawed

You don't have to pay anything to finance your city. You only need to do that if you are impatient. It's perfectly possible to play the game without spending any money.

Possible - barely, and I mean buck naked with no land to expand anything - how many potentially thankful players quit before they can send you a dime.

Never mind - 150 million in revenue for a few to pay to play is more important, obviously

--> Im just wondering how long those 'few to pay to play' last, when the rest of us leave nothing but abandoned cities behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7421

Any game that I feel compelled to spend money on to advance in - isn't well designed and even more poorly marketed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Any game that I feel compelled to spend money on to advance in - isn't well designed and even more poorly marketed.
I'm halfway through the last chapter, never spent a dime.
In fact I'm pretty sure most players don't spend money on it. The obvious first purchase most players get, and the first diamond sale every player receives is for a third builder. Have a look around at other active cities, and see how many have a level 2 builder--those are free players, and they're doing just fine.
Maybe there's something wrong with your strategy? Perhaps we can help you with your city design to free up some space?

Simply posting on the forums that you think the game is badly designed and the devs are greedy doesn't really give them or us anything to work with.

DeletedUser7421

I also refuse to spend a dime on this game, and not even a penny.

By now the developers should understand why.

Yes, if you sell half the stuff you spent months upgrading, you can upgrade maybe a quarter of the half the stuff you have left.... BUT only if you build a half a ton more residences to do it.

...Really, 444 population to upgrade 1 steel factory and to get what, 20 and then 30 extra population for upgrading a residence. LOL!

WAIT - let me put this in total perspective - it takes 938 population to upgrade 1 steel factory to max dwarvian level, AND to upgrade 35 residences to max dwarvian lvl gives an extra 1750 population. LOL!

The above is 1 example of the consumer abuse this game is perpetrating - not a cool game design.

OH WAIT - you can buy land expansions and magical residences to solve the population problem!!! $$$

Risen Malchiah

@Juliandra Ari You have mentioned this in your posts before. The last time you did this, I said I was able to go from Chapter 1 in December 2016 to the end of Orcs (now in Woodelves) without diamonds.

It's actually quite remarkable that you can play the entire game without paying for anything. The prizes in nearly every event thus far have been on par with premium buildings and now they also reward players with 400 free diamonds at the end of each guest race chapter.

And if everyone who currently buys diamonds stops, this game would no longer have any updates, and would get shut down in a few months.

Edit: You're also in the Dwarves chapter if I recall. In my experience so far, chapters 5 and 6 were the most difficult on free players. It does get easier after that since all the space you allocated for dwarves will get used again for the later chapters and you'll have a few more expansions (and free diamonds) by the time you get to fairies and beyond.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7421

I honestly cant say that if everyone who currently buys diamonds in this game stopped - that shutting down this games income source really would be a real problem to the developers.

The world is filled with people who want to toss their dollars out like trash.

Ty Risen. Yes Im now almost finished researching advanced scouts to enter fairies - and down about 8000 population to upgrade even a few key building to max dwarvian lvls....never mind fairy lvls.

But - look around again. The worlds of elvenar are so saturated and littered with inactive cities that it's not even a question as to why.

DeletedUser8847

Pay because we want to out of appreciation, not because of arm twisting force applied from lack of land, lack of population, lack of culture, scouting too costly to move forward, residences that don't accumulate the population we need to upgrade even a couple boosted factories, events that force us to find space to build temporary non boosted factories and a ton of extra workshops - oh and then!! Prizes that require more land to build them on.

This game is a total disgrace to every element of online gaming development imaginable - and if you spend money on it, you are responsible for feeding this greed.

We all struggle with balance of cultural points and population. We all also need more land all the time, it doesn't change.
You need plan of strategy how you do things in your town. It doesn't get easier that's for sure. It will get harder.
Almost every game in market and also online needs real money.
I spend few diamonds within every month - not because I need to, but because I want to.
It's not feeding the beast.

Farmville 2 is greedy game, this game is not so much so.
You may be angry and frustrated how your game goes but there is no way to stop diamond using players.
People just do what they do, and everyone has the right to choose how they play their game.

Every step you take to built your city needs good strategy.
But I say that this game is not any disgrace, it is just a game.
Your game is what you need it to be - it reflects that.

Risen Malchiah

But it does actually seem to get easier. In orcs, I was able to do about 40 mushroom farms and 3 rally points without sacrificing culture (which is recommended by some as a strategy). And now in woodelves, I find I have extra space. Some of that will get filled by the forest fabrication stuff, but I believe I will have extra space left over. Supplies are an issue so I'll probably add a workshop or two.

One other problem perhaps is people often build too many AWs. If you're in the early guest race chapters and have all the AWs, I'd get rid of a few of them. You'll have a much easier time.

Risen Malchiah

But - look around again. The worlds of elvenar are so saturated and littered with inactive cities that it's not even a question as to why.
This *is* a concern and the forums have a lot of threads discussing this matter. I can only hope the developers address this at some point. Personally I believe there are a few main causes of this:

1. Every time someone starts an account, they're immediately placed on the map. If new cities were not placed on the map until after the tutorial section is done, this would eliminate a good number of people who simply decided the game wasn't for them when they saw things will take minutes/hours/days to build. People often play browser games for instant gratification or a quick diversion. Elvenar is definitely a long-haul type of game.
2. People start accounts but don't know which server they wish to play on. Or people start multiple cities but when they get too much to handle (all the visits, tournaments, events, etc) they abandon some to focus attention on other cities.
3. People are ill-prepared for the challenges of the guest races. I see a lot of abandoned cities where the person's guest settlement is just waaayy too small. Likely they started getting tech-locked frequently and this slowed the game down enough to no longer be fun. That is a game killer.
4. Real life matters or other concerns like the ones you mentioned, though honestly, of all the people I've seen quit the game, diamonds (or lack thereof) are rarely the deciding factor.

DeletedUser3468

@Juliandra Ari I have yet to spend one cent on this game and I'm doing just fine in 6 worlds! In Sinya Arda the fellowship I belong to is called Proudly No Diamonds and only accepts players who don't purchase diamonds, though we are allowed to use the ones that Inno gives us at the beginning of the game and when finishing guest race chapters.

It sounds to me like you are lacking in patience and just want to vent and insult people who are able to spend money that helps to keep this game going. Oh, and btw: there is an edit function on the forum so that you don't need to do multiple posts in a row. I'm rather surprised that the mods haven't mentioned this to you already. :)