• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bellspire/Lighthouse Chages

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The BS/CL still gives you two benefits. A. You still get goods, albeit not at many. You are still gaining something for merely helping a few people. B. You get a longer Neighborly Aid Bonus. This translates to potentially gaining more coin and supplies when you collect them. Those additional coin and supplies can be used at the Wholesaler to buy goods.
Assuming you are not one of the hundreds of thousands of players who are not in fellowships and probably don't get enough help bonuses to actually make any difference. And aren't one of the players who specifically ask for MH help because you don't buy in to the advantages of a culture bonus and think actual coin is better than potential coin (if the right number of people happen to help you at the right time.)

DeletedUser1996

nothing to do with the above comment -
I`m just going to be like one of those scratched DVD or CD`s -The one`s that keeps repeating over and over.
"This Change with The Light & Bell AW`s was Just plain STUPID and THOUGHTLESS for us players and I mean for the large majority of us. Clearly only to benefit INNO`s needs !

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Inno is assuming a few things in its analysis:

1) The change will increase the neighborly visits of those with a lighthouse/bellspire but taking part in few visits
2) The average visits per day is a reasonable indicator of lighthouse/bellspire usage
3) The top 5% (or whatever number) represents only 5% of the active playing base

Let's look at these:

1) When you are able to build the lighthouse/bellspire you are likely at the point where your account will not be deleted for inactivity. The wonder is so much geared to activity, that if you have it but do not engage in active visiting it is unlikely that additional good rewards will provide a greater incentive.

2) Average visits per day will often factor in a large number of zeros even at times from active members. If the person is not there, then even three chests compensation will not be taken advantage of for that day.

3) Active members tend to have multiple accounts (some of which may be abandoned), and not all their alternate accounts will use the lighthouse/bellspire to its potential. While the change may benefit their other accounts, they will be dissatisfied if their main accounts suffer significant loss.

Thistleknot

I play this game for the same reason I play any other game; because I like it, not because someone else likes it.

Dhurrin, I completely agree with you. You should be playing the game to have fun. If you not having fun, then it might be time to move on. My point was that if you are going to keep playing the game, helping others could be an incentive to have them continue playing as well. The benefit is that if players are still playing then there people to trade with.

I'm hardly ever short of coins and only rarely short on supplies.
I'm in the same boat here. As we get into the later chapters, we are rarely short of coin. I was trying to give an option on what to do with the coin that you would get from continuing to give aid to everyone.

Overall, the reason for my post was to try to give a different viewpoint on how to make the best of the changes. I'm not arguing that changes have made people upset. I'm not arguing that the loss of potential goods is not detrimental to the way people played before the change. I'm just as effected by this as everyone else. For those that are considering staying with the game, my post shows that there are reasons to keep the BS/CL and continue giving aid. If you are tired of the changes that INNO makes and, based on history, will continue to make, then my post does not help you because you are probably in the process of quitting.

In reference to changing you play style, I am merely stating the obvious answer if you plan to continue playing. Every time INNO makes a change, you should evaluate how that change effects you and adapt accordingly. We did that when they made orcs part of the negotiation fee. We did that when they changed the combat system. This is just something else to adapt to and overcome.

My personal viewpoint is very much the same as most people's here. But I don't need to keep saying the same thing over and over. I'm a human being, not a broken record. I thought it would be nice to have a slightly optimistic view that gives a viable reason for keeping the BS/CL and continuing to give aid.

DeletedUser2870

Dhurrin, I completely agree with you. You should be playing the game to have fun. If you not having fun, then it might be time to move on. My point was that if you are going to keep playing the game, helping others could be an incentive to have them continue playing as well. The benefit is that if players are still playing then there people to trade with.

Point is that I have already been cutting down on playing.
I've not been buying diamonds, I've done away with just about every low-level city and I've spent less time playing this game.
But since I have set a budget for myself on what to spend on games and the like, no longer spending it here means I've been spending it somewhere else. And damn sure another company since I find Inno to be completely unreliable.
So yes, I am moving on. Only playing now because I like the FSs I'm in. But the game itself is getting progressively worse with each change, even though the new elements in the new chapters are nice. (Though adding the production of the seeds to the trader made absolutely no sense to me and the 'upgrade' of the trader did nothing at all to improve the trader itself

DeletedUser4993

the only ones benefitting from this change are the ones so lazy or so selfish they don't bother to make a lot of visits.

Yup, that's me. Lazy and selfish. I used to bust my butt with visits so clearly I am not totally lazy. It was too difficult to delineate actives vs. slightly actives vs. inactivates so I just did everyone. Those not playing a lot or are too small to have many neighbors are likely the real ones to suffer. What you fail to realize is that buffing nearly 500 peeps was a real pain but worth it for the goods. Decreasing visits so I just do my FS and those v. few still loyal neighbors just speeds the game for me. That doesn't make me lazy or selfish just practical.

DeletedUser4993

You take away life's greatest credo...... You become used to owning what you PAID for......and suddenly are left with no explanation or 'compensation'. To this BoomerGen guy? That's in the neighborhood of 'thievery' ..PERIOD To Support? I sent this off..... drum roll???

Essentially NO Boosted goods come from ANY visit.... it was formerly 165 boosted items per visit!!! Why is something that we earned and payed for [in my case? The Lighthouse, lvl 6, suddenly 'lose' the benefits of having again gotten it, expecting values we attained??? This is both nonsensical and an insult. Please fix.

You paid for it with diamonds I presume but in essence we all bought our CL/BS with KP a hard earned commodity. So I paid for it and the UG too.

DeletedUser2870

Yup, that's me. Lazy and selfish. I used to bust my butt with visits so clearly I am not totally lazy. It was too difficult to delineate actives vs. slightly actives vs. inactivates so I just did everyone. Those not playing a lot or are too small to have many neighbors are likely the real ones to suffer. What you fail to realize is that buffing nearly 500 peeps was a real pain but worth it for the goods. Decreasing visits so I just do my FS and those v. few still loyal neighbors just speeds the game for me. That doesn't make me lazy or selfish just practical.
Those with only a few neighbours are unable to build the CL. By the time one reaches the end of chapter 4, where one can unlock the CL, one has many more than 30 neighbours.

Furthermore, I said the ones benefitting were the lazy ones. The ones who do not bother to make a lot of visits. The people who did more more visits are
A not lazy and
B not benefitting from this change.

I really would urge you to read carefully what I write

DeletedUser4993

Those with only a few neighbours are unable to build the CL. By the time one reaches the end of chapter 4, where one can unlock the CL, one has many more than 30 neighbours.

Furthermore, I said the ones benefitting were the lazy ones. The ones who do not bother to make a lot of visits. The people who did more more visits are
A not lazy and
B not benefitting from this change.

I really would urge you to read carefully what I write

I stand corrected about those having few neighbors but not having a CL/BS in the first place. TBS Those who have few neighbors are less likely to get buffed because larger players will stop buffing them despite being neighbors because why bother. They don't get that extra buff they used to get. This has nothing to do with them having a CL/BS.

You said the only ones benefiting are the lazy ones. Who are "the ones." "The ones who do not bother to make a lot of visits." This isn't even a complete sentence. Excuse me, those benefiting are those who "did not" bother to make a visits in the first place. They are the lazy ones.

I can read. You have a hard time writing thus making what you are trying to say unclear.

DeletedUser2870

I stand corrected about those having few neighbors but not having a CL/BS in the first place. TBS Those who have few neighbors are less likely to get buffed because larger players will stop buffing them despite being neighbors because why bother. They don't get that extra buff they used to get. This has nothing to do with them having a CL/BS.

You said the only ones benefiting are the lazy ones. Who are "the ones." "The ones who do not bother to make a lot of visits." This isn't even a complete sentence. Excuse me, those benefiting are those who "did not" bother to make a visits in the first place. They are the lazy ones.

I can read. You have a hard time writing thus making what you are trying to say unclear.

When your second or perhaps third language is about the level of my english we'll continue the discussion on phrasing things in another language. And then I'd like to see you type them in a hurry.
The sentence btw was part of a summary, in which the context was already clear. Summaries often use sentences like that. And the whole already was a reply to previous messages, so the contect was pretty much clear to everyone. Sorry for not being perfect.

Which is all besides the point. So if we can discuss the subject at hand instead of me being not-perfect in writing it down for you it would be much appreciated, but if you prefer to do so, feel free, but please start correcting everyone on the forum, that should give me some air.
(edit : btw, I do try to pay attention, you'll find quite some posts of mine that have the remark 'edited for typos' or some such thing added to it)

But to make it a bit more clear: yes, I consider people who have made it to chapter 5, by which time they will be able to build the CL, and still don't do at least 30 visits on the days they normally do visits rather lazy in that aspect.

DeletedUser4993

When your second or perhaps third language is about the level of my english we'll continue the discussion on phrasing things in another language. And then I'd like to see you type them in a hurry.
The sentence btw was part of a summary, in which the context was already clear. Summaries often use sentences like that. And the whole already was a reply to previous messages, so the contect was pretty much clear to everyone. Sorry for not being perfect.

Which is all besides the point. So if we can discuss the subject at hand instead of me being not-perfect in writing it down for you it would be much appreciated, but if you prefer to do so, feel free, but please start correcting everyone on the forum, that should give me some air.
(edit : btw, I do try to pay attention, you'll find quite some posts of mine that have the remark 'edited for typos' or some such thing added to it)

But to make it a bit more clear: yes, I consider people who have made it to chapter 5, by which time they will be able to build the CL, and still don't do at least 30 visits on the days they normally do visits rather lazy in that aspect.

Now you are clear in what u are saying. If I randomly choose 30, most of those are dead players likely 90-95%. You help nobody except yourself with coin anyway. So what is the point. If you have nearer 20 than 25 in ur FS you are nearly there anyway. I guess I just think that is not being lazy.

BTW It was obviously not clear what u were trying to say because the lack of defining who was who and partial sentences are also tough for the same reason. You tell me I can't read and I told u why that's all. How can one respond when they have a hard time understanding? I am glad u clarified. You slammed me for an inability to read. When u badmouth someone else expect to be badmouthed in return.

DeletedUser7367

I have 388 provinces but only 238 neighbors. I was getting 237 of either my Marble, Crystal, or Gems each time I visit my neighbors. That is a total 56,406 in goods split between the three although most go to the Marble. But that is 56,406 daily since I have always visited ALL my neighbors 6 of the seven days a week which can take me about an hour of playing time each day, but I am retired so I now have plenty of time. The stupid, unfair change of goods only when a chest is available nets me 2500 approximately so only 7500 or if I am lucky to get 6 chest 15000. I lose 41,406 each day and since their is only six chest total or three depending, the goods can be all one type instead of being split between all three. This is just another example of INNO games foolish, unfair, nerfing of the game. They have additionally made the combat harder for the third time in about as many months. This has got to stop. I am already boycotting the FS tournament since it is just a diamond or money enriching scheme and the prizes are pure crap in consideration of the time and effort. But if you do not make your voices known, they will continue to fatally tweak and nerf the game until all the fun is goon not to mention the complete lack of fairness it demonstrates by the company. Of my neighbors, I have seven who have quit the game or asked that their cities be deleted. I have been a gamer for over thirty years and NEVER have I been a part of a game so one sided and unfriendly to players. This is bad on so many levels. "When you feed the beast it will finally devower
you in the end"

nothing to do with the above comment -
I`m just going to be like one of those scratched DVD or CD`s -The one`s that keeps repeating over and over.
"This Change with The Light & Bell AW`s was Just plain STUPID and THOUGHTLESS for us players and I mean for the large majority of us. Clearly only to benefit INNO`s needs !
I am 100% in agreement with you!! My Lighthouse carried me through many Tourneys.....the goods were not only earned...... but having nearly a lvl 7 lighthouse with over 275 provinces? Truly, I am one foot OUT of Inno's door..... Their 'nerfing', to me? Robbery, guile, gluttony [diamonds].... I'm DONE.... If they'll screw you over this? What's next? The rest of the lemmings will find ways to massage their egos and pour MORE money into these LIARS' COFFERS....... For me? It ends now.

DeletedUser2870

Now you are clear in what u are saying. If I randomly choose 30, most of those are dead players likely 90-95%. You help nobody except yourself with coin anyway. So what is the point. If you have nearer 20 than 25 in ur FS you are nearly there anyway. I guess I just think that is not being lazy.

BTW It was obviously not clear what u were trying to say because the lack of defining who was who and partial sentences are also tough for the same reason. You tell me I can't read and I told u why that's all. How can one respond when they have a hard time understanding? I am glad u clarified. You slammed me for an inability to read. When u badmouth someone else expect to be badmouthed in return.

Glad you now think it was clear. Except you apparently did not get my point.
Its not that nobody but myself is helped with coins. I'm pretty sure that quite a lot of smaller, starting, players on my map were helped by me helping, which gave them coins and if they could return the favor were helped by additional coins and supplies.
Its that there no longer is any reason to do any visits outside my FS anymore because I do not need more coins or supplies, so they are no reason for me to visit anyone.
As for the being lazy, I've said it before, the complaint that not everyone got an equal amount of goods is ridiculous to me. I don't see any reason why someone who takes the time and effort to do 300 visits should NOT be getting more than someone who only does 3, and this new system does just that. So it promotes people becoming lazy in their visits and it rewards those who were lazy in their visits.

But PLEASE dont ever dare mentioning my english again before your second or third languages is on a par with my english, with you putting up streetspeech in writing here. And not even doing that consistently.
Also, my point about the reading was because my answer you were referring to was my latest in a string of posts, which you at that point obviously hadnt read, or you would have been able to understand the context of that post. Reading and understanding either a topic or a string of answers from someone with multiple posts does NOT come from just reading the last one. I'll grant that I could, and perhaps should, have added 'my other posts' to make it clearer, but then again I'm so old-fashioned I pretty much expect from people to read the whole of something before reacting.

DeletedUser6219

Can I have your stuff?

:)

I was getting 15K of EACH of my boosted each day, which affects my rankings in the tourneys. I didn't even bother with this last tourney, now that they've broken the Lighthouse.

I have only two more techs until I hit Halflings, and I plan to quit as soon as I hit that (finish scouts). The changes to the Lighthouse have stopped me from visiting all my neighbors each day, and I don't even like visiting FS anymore, so Elvenar just feels ruined to me now. I don't know why they felt they needed to completely nerf the social aspect of this game - my neighbors all must be wondering where I went.

DeletedUser6219

I call dibs on all your stuff if you leave!
What? :)

I am 100% in agreement with you!! My Lighthouse carried me through many Tourneys.....the goods were not only earned...... but having nearly a lvl 7 lighthouse with over 275 provinces? Truly, I am one foot OUT of Inno's door..... Their 'nerfing', to me? Robbery, guile, gluttony [diamonds].... I'm DONE.... If they'll screw you over this? What's next? The rest of the lemmings will find ways to massage their egos and pour MORE money into these LIARS' COFFERS....... For me? It ends now.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

Please do not try to go grammar guru in these discussions.
Not only is it a cheap ploy, but in forum with so many non English speakers it is just rude.
Also, it is a huge personal mistake.
Even though most of us tend to be a little sloppy and colloquial in our posts, do not be mistaken.
You do not want to put a spotlight on your writing style, because people here can bury you in corrections.

DeletedUser9457

How do you figure?
Both of those wonders at level 1 give more supplies than a workshop does per square, and give KP/relics.
Those wonders aren't bad, your math is.
Love your post on this matter. Thank you for keeping it real. It is just a game. Nothing more nothing less. If someone doesn't like the changes then it is time to move on and got on with life. It is what it is.

Attachments

• it is what it is 2.jpg
    it is what it is 2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 68

DeletedUser7738

And so this is how this thread ends? in a morass of smoke, mirrors, pocket fluff & stupidity: correcting grammar? "it is what it is?" Bailouts? dibbs? The change Inno made to these wonderful Ancient Wonders is absolutely unwarranted and heinous. It certainly is "what it is", but that doesn't make it right or good. Go ahead, go somewhere else maybe it was time for you to leave anyway, nothing lasts forever nor interest in it. You can't effect change if you leave, bury your head, close your eyes, or any other number of escape algorithms, nor does blasting these kinds of things all over social media (although a certain US president is changing all that ... for the worse). The best way to effect change is from within. I like Elvenar, I like my neighbors and FS mates and I like most of the graphics - the gameplay suits my schedule and pace of life atm. My voice may be a squeak out there in the darkness of chirps, squawks, growls and hoots, but I will continue to squeak.

So if this change was a preamble to other changes coming down the pipe when it comes to the clunky, laborious way neighborly help is designed currently, that would have been nice to know. But if all Inno wanted to do was create drama and increase revenue, well, they got both. Congrats!:(:eek: