• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bellspire/Lighthouse Chages

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Perhaps one of you long-time players with the hard data could go to the "Ideas and Suggestions" forum and start a suggestion thread about this, since it troubles you all so much, and clearly outline for the developers exactly what you feel would be an improvement. Because as long as you're all just complaining and ripping into each other about this, nothing positive is going to come out of it.
Nothing is going to come from an Ideas and suggestions post unless it gets made on the beta forums and attracts at least 20 votes in a poll. Activity here serves to work toward a consensus and/or find how the majority of players feel about things. As with any disagreement between humans, some people will speak with their emotions. There's little point arguing against that. When the conversation has run its natural course, someone will create a thread on Beta that will attract a poll from the forum moderators (and hopefully let us know about it so if we care we can participate. Those are the only posts that are going to matter. Everything else is a conversation on the back deck at a party.

DeletedUser7367

Was this supposed to be another example of how you never attack anyone but the developers? If so, it failed.
Alas, you confuse DEFENSE with OFFENSE...... My responses to individuals, including toward you and this 'Andrew'..... Clearly defensive. Find a new whipping boy.. I'm not playin'

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Alas, you confuse DEFENSE with OFFENSE...... My responses to individuals, including toward you and this 'Andrew'..... Clearly defensive. Find a new whipping boy.. I'm not playin'
The issue is that you regularly "defend" against things that are not attacks, by attacking people personally because they don't agree with you.

DeletedUser7367

The issue is that you regularly "defend" against things that are not attacks, by attacking people personally because they don't agree with you.
The most convoluted statement defending YOUR having attacked me personally as to what and why I've said on this FORUM! LMFAO, Ashrem... you're totally lost in YOUR OBFUSCATION, clearly! Enjoy YOUR deluded logic.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
convoluted
Inigo-Montoya-WORD-MEANS.jpg

DeletedUser7367

Was this supposed to be another example of how you never attack anyone but the developers? If so, it failed.
Notice you COYLY snippet ONLY the last statement... NOT the whole of it. I can help...

Perhaps INNO's backlash is the very reason they are mute.... BTW, since WHEN have I ever IMPUNED YOU, Andrew? How dare you call me out for expressing adamant disagreement with good cause??? WHO ARE YOU, My parent, God Almighty? Seriously, you act the pious fool, now.

Who's being fair in this discussion?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah, I do know what it means... succinctly :confused:
Which implies you used it wrong deliberately? Because there's nothing convoluted about the post you quoted. It was a clear, and concise, statement that you regularly use personal attacks against other forum participants for disagreeing with you. The thing that seems to have escaped you in all this is that you and I agree the change to the CL/BS is wrong. We don't agree on the degree to which it is wrong, and we don't agree on how to best make that point. but I've never attacked you. Note even in defense.

Seriously, you act the pious fool, now.

Who's being fair in this discussion?
I only quoted the part that was a personal attack against Andrew, because that's what I was addressing. I'm always careful to trim out the parts of posts to which I am not responding, because there's a forum rule asking us to do that.

DeletedUser7367

Which implies you used it wrong deliberately? Because there's nothing convoluted about the post you quoted. It was a clear, and concise, statement that you regularly use personal attacks against other forum participants for disagreeing with you. The thing that seems to have escaped you in all this is that you and I agree the change to the CL/BS is wrong. We don't agree on the degree to which it is wrong, and we don't agree on how to best make that point. but I've never attacked you. Note even in defense.

Ionly quoted the part that was a personal attack against Andrew. I'm always careful to trim out the parts of posts to which I am not responding, because there's a forum rule asking us to do that.
I appreciate the first, HONEST paragraphs....yet your last one regarding using my harshest point, like ALL that was said... It skews the meaning, intention..... and even the moral fiber of the guy defending doing it....

DeletedUser9773

I was getting 15K of EACH of my boosted each day, which affects my rankings in the tourneys. I didn't even bother with this last tourney, now that they've broken the Lighthouse.

I have only two more techs until I hit Halflings, and I plan to quit as soon as I hit that (finish scouts). The changes to the Lighthouse have stopped me from visiting all my neighbors each day, and I don't even like visiting FS anymore, so Elvenar just feels ruined to me now. I don't know why they felt they needed to completely nerf the social aspect of this game - my neighbors all must be wondering where I went.

Risen Malchiah

I have only two more techs until I hit Halflings, and I plan to quit as soon as I hit that (finish scouts). The changes to the Lighthouse have stopped me from visiting all my neighbors each day, and I don't even like visiting FS anymore, so Elvenar just feels ruined to me now.
If you made it all the way to halflings, surely this must be a minor change compared to others in the past. I haven't played as long as you have but we've all seen a lot of changes. Some good, some bad. Interesting events, boring events and downright horrible events.

And you spent the majority of that time with a CL that gave you practically nothing, so while I agree this change is bad, I would try to remember what you liked about the game before the CL was ever good to begin with. It would be a shame to lose players over this.

DeletedUser4219

I have 388 provinces but only 238 neighbors. I was getting 237 of either my Marble, Crystal, or Gems each time I visit my neighbors. That is a total 56,406 in goods split between the three although most go to the Marble. But that is 56,406 daily since I have always visited ALL my neighbors 6 of the seven days a week which can take me about an hour of playing time each day, but I am retired so I now have plenty of time. The stupid, unfair change of goods only when a chest is available nets me 2500 approximately so only 7500 or if I am lucky to get 6 chest 15000. I lose 41,406 each day and since their is only six chest total or three depending, the goods can be all one type instead of being split between all three. This is just another example of INNO games foolish, unfair, nerfing of the game. They have additionally made the combat harder for the third time in about as many months. This has got to stop. I am already boycotting the FS tournament since it is just a diamond or money enriching scheme and the prizes are pure crap in consideration of the time and effort. But if you do not make your voices known, they will continue to fatally tweak and nerf the game until all the fun is goon not to mention the complete lack of fairness it demonstrates by the company. Of my neighbors, I have seven who have quit the game or asked that their cities be deleted. I have been a gamer for over thirty years and NEVER have I been a part of a game so one sided and unfriendly to players. This is bad on so many levels. "When you feed the beast it will finally devower
you in the end"

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I have 388 provinces but only 238 neighbors. I was getting 237 of either my Marble, Crystal, or Gems each time I visit my neighbors. That is a total 56,406 in goods split between the three although most go to the Marble.

I tracked mine once over a few days
they tended to balance out into thirds

Thistleknot

I did a quick analysis of the potential goods for a level 7 Crystal Lighthouse for before and after the change. At every chapter breakpoint (the provinces needed to go the new chapter), the loss of goods is significant. I think that everyone can agree that we have had a loss in goods intake. It does not really matter why we believe that INNO made this change. The fact is that the change was made and will most likely never be reversed.

So here's my question at this point. Why is everyone saying that there is no benefit to the BS/CL and they will not only sell it off, but will also stop doing daily visits? I understand that this may be the breaking point for some people and they are going to quit. So be it. But for those that are still going to play the game, let's look at things from a different perspective.

The BS/CL still gives you two benefits. A. You still get goods, albeit not at many. You are still gaining something for merely helping a few people. B. You get a longer Neighborly Aid Bonus. This translates to potentially gaining more coin and supplies when you collect them. Those additional coin and supplies can be used at the Wholesaler to buy goods. Again not as good as it once was, but still better than nothing. So this is still an AW that provides goods, just not as much as we got a week ago.

Even though you are upset at INNO, why punish your neighbors by not helping them? Helping them brings in coin and possibly supplies. Again this coin can be used at the Wholesaler to purchase goods. And by continuously helping your neighbors, you build goodwill with them. They will hopefully continue playing the game, instead of quitting, and possibly return your visits.

Maybe you cannot trade as much as you used to, but I can't believe that you are incapable of trading because of this change. You will have to adjust your trading habits, but you still should be able to place and accept trades, thereby still helping active players.

Your participation in tournaments may have to change. You may not be able to do 12 provinces to six stars. You might have to reduce it to 6 provinces. But you are still participating and still helping your fellowship.

This change sucks and we have voiced our opinions. Maybe someone at INNO will take notice. But if you are going to continue playing the game, it is time to reevaluate your strategy and move on.

DeletedUser2870

The goods now are minimal.
And I have a problem with the fact that lazy players now get the same reward as active ones. (I had another post about that).

But the coins and supplies are not an incentive for me, nor for many players further along. They're just not an issue. I'm hardly ever short of coins and only rarely short on supplies. And with the introduction of the instants, they have become even less interesting.
But instead of tyoing it all again, let me quote from one of the other posts I made

@qaccy
And now, since coins and supplies aren't worth the time and effort for me, I no longer see any reason at all to do any visits outside my FS. And those to my FS only as a show of loyalty, not because I need the gold of supplies. But outside my FS? No. Not a single one. Not even the ones who used to return my visits. It just takes away time from other things without anything useful in return.
This is partly because of the time involved, especially with a quirky internetconnection or working on a small screen. But even on my desktop. I LIKED this game. But not so much I'm going to endlessly spend time on doing actions that have no benefit to myself.

And the coins arent a benefit at all. In fact, I'd call them detrimental at this stage. Because I have only 2 uses for them: the wholesaler (yeah right, not going to happen with that ridiculously low return on investment after their screwing up the wholesaler) or buying kps. Problem is, right now I don't want to buy too many kps, because it drives up the price and I prefer to buy a very large number of kps when the new chapter comes out, so I can get through the advanced scouts right away.
Also, since my storage is constantly full, with every few visits I make I get that pop-up 'you only get x out of y gold, do you want to continue' which I then have to click again. So yet ANOTHER annoying action I have to do with just about every visit. I could live with that when I at least got goods in return, but am not going to even bother just for coins I don't need. So no, I'll wait, then spend all my coins on kps when the new chapter comes out and fill it again with the visits. But not before.

(edited for typos)

DeletedUser2870

@Thistleknot
So according to your post I now have to change my trading, adjust my tournament activity AND keep visiting other players because thats good for them, even if its detrimental to me (as I explained above), even if it takes the fun out of my game.
Well, I ve got news for you. Thanks, but no thanks. I play this game for the same reason I play any other game; because I like it, not because someone else likes it. If others benefit thats great, all the better. Its what attracted me to this game long ago. But Im most definitely not playing for them.
So since there is no incentive for me to do visits anymore, I wont. Simple as that. Instead, I ll spend that time, and some more, on another game. And whats important here: a game from another company. One that doesnt constantly kick me in the groin and doesnt constantly stab me in the back. And thus one where since a few months I have been spending money, the money I otherwise would have spent here.
It really is that simple.

Last edited by a moderator: