• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Events Terrible Prizes !!

DeletedUser12451

Hi. I'm new. Isn't the reward building kinda small for the grand prize? I was expecting something like 4x5 or larger. Does it fit to be the event grand prize? Or am I seeing this wrong, and the real grand prize is the top 3 Fs reward?

DeletedUser12451

I apologize, I wasn't realizing that some people may prefer small building as a prize. Seeing as Hazelnut and Halloween rewards were large buildings I was expecting something similar.

DeletedUser9601

Afraid I don't know what you mean by that...

Clicking through and the time is the most frustrating part for me.
What I mean is having to explain to members what color path we are taking, and (at least for our FS, since we aren't going for a top 3 ranking) that spending badges on the wrong color doesn't help the FS.
And explaining how you need to contribute at least 1 good to get the rewards, so be on and do so prior to time X.
Etc etc.

DeletedUser11961

The complexity of the adventure does not match up with the rewards at all. Really the only reason we did is because there are some people who haven't done it before.

DeletedUser8946

@Tedious Oh yeah, I get it. That can be frustrating.

And it isn't necessarily top 3. If you go for top 50, the other paths can help. There are Fellowship and Instant rewards for all members of Fellowships in the top 50. And those other paths help give you the points to get there.

@Miadok It's OK, we're all new at some point.

The Mana Hut isn't a Grand Prize, because this isn't a Seasonal Event. The big Grand Prizes you're referring to happen in those. There's a Fall, Summer, Winter, and Easter event. Those have three big Grand Prizes. They're the ones that are 3X5, 6X4, etc. There are also miniature events like the Halloween one, that give out just one prize for completing X amount of quests.

Fellowship Adventures is something brand new and different. It gives three small prizes, the first two of which are just Instants. Unless there are events like Seasonal or minor ones happening, (which all in all might be quite often) they do Fellowship Adventures once a month.This is a post pretty much complaining on how weak the other two are. :D (It's justified. They're weak and repeated. Especially NOT useful for those in the Fairy and below chapters)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
And it isn't necessarily top 3. If you go for top 50, the other paths can help. There are Fellowship and Instant rewards for all members of Fellowships in the top 50. And those other paths help give you the points to get there.
After getting 500+h worth of instants in the Eldrasil event, getting one 30m instant hardly qualifies as a prize imo.
For the higher spots that reward a 2h instant, spending an extra 1-3 hours clicking and making badges to have a chance at getting it can easily result in a net loss.

DeletedUser8946

Like I said. Prizes are bad. But in my defense, my best city is Fairy, (brand new at Fairy) and my FS there is bad. (We're working on merging with another after FA, so it should improve). I didn't get a crapload of instants in the Eldrasil event.

DeletedUser12423

The little mana building looks neat, I'll probably use the orc nest too. I don't have either one yet ^ ^

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
That is the idea simplynoble, but better prize would help more players in wanting to join in the fun. The biggest complaint I have from my FS is the prizes aren't very good. Second is building the non boosted factories, so we only do the green path and can't try for more points on the other paths.

SoggyShorts

My fellowship is having a blast strategizing and working together. Maybe I'm crazy but I think the prize is really not the point of the thing. It is just working together on something and having fun.
Indeed, the teamwork aspect is great, but there's certainly room for improvement. I don't think many people hate the idea of fellowship adventures, just the execution. The grind of declining quests is the most obvious flaw, but getting a prize that you will never place in your city can be a let down.
In any game the mission/quest/level should be both challenging and fun, but also the prize at the end should be a reflection of your accomplishment. It's a formula that has worked for thousands of games before-- it's how the brain is wired.

The Unbeliever

My problem with the FA as they currently stand:
- They initially sound like a really fun team-building mini event... yeah there's going to be lots of mind numbingly dull clicking & quest cycling, but it's like how when you played 'Ocarina of Time', and despite how rage-inducing & confusing the Water Temple is, you always saved a back-up copy of your game file, just so you could always go back and fight the Dark Link mini-boss battle again & again, 'cause it was so freaking fun!:D

- Once you get going though, and see that the prizes are mostly just pointless turds unless you're in WE's chapter or later, you suddenly realise that you're back fighting that ('insert copious amounts of swearing here') Moldorm boss from 'A Link to the Past'...
(you remember him right? the stupid googly-eyed worm that kept knocking you off the tiny platform, then you'd drop 3 levels, have to re-fight half the dungeon, climb all the way back up to the boss floor, then run a half a lap around the room just to get to the platform you'd jump off of to start the fight again?!)

Or better yet, if you're not even in Orcs chapter yet, your spirit gets crushed by the knowledge that you'd actually rather go and fight the freaking 'Impossible' (aka the Imprisoned) from Skyward Sword.

Yeah, FA's as they stand are probably in the no.1 spot of "Top 10 WORST elvenar tasks"

DeletedUser12423

- Once you get going though, and see that the prizes are mostly just pointless turds unless you're in WE's chapter or later, you suddenly realise that you're back fighting that ('insert copious amounts of swearing here') Moldorm boss from 'A Link to the Past'...

Too harsh. Pointless Turds, really? Agree to disagree xD

Assuming we are all familiar with the 1-10 scale, a pointless turd could only be a 0. While these prizes may not be as good as the ones from Fall Event, they are no where near a 0. I would rate these rewards a 4-5 simply because they are useful to most players, of most levels and chapters. The orc nest isn't bad, it's just not good. And the the little mana tent provides a fair amount for it's tiny size!

Still, for all this work, I feel the rewards should be a bit better. And it's important that we all give them our feedback, so atleast they hear how we feel. Let's try not to bash them, though.

Keep it clean, and they will be more likely to listen to your opinion ^ ^

Last edited:

DeletedUser13016

Does Inno even read what players are telling them ? Or do they read and not care? I said it earlier it's just a cash grab. Then I had an even better laugh when they were selling badges. And I'm rolling at the prices of diamonds. You can now buy 30000 for the low low Canadian price of 280$!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! PLEASE INNO. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE MONEY. OFFER MORE. ASK FOR LESS. You may find you sell more packages. Which overal gives you a higher netgain. And furthermore... why so stingy with a digital blurb of code and a gif which cost 0$ to provide. Comon now, get down off your tower.

SoggyShorts

You can now buy 30000 for the low low Canadian price of 280$!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!
Ummm... obviously a handful of premium expansions are better than
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Injustice 2
  • Uncharted 4
  • Desinty 2
combined. :rolleyes:

Also since the US dollar is worth 27% more than the Canadian dollar, they have to mark the price up by 40%.....because.....shipping? Yeah..shipping diamonds up north costs more.....so there.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7738

Doing this FA is like swimming the Channel, getting to the other side and being handed a little sheet of rough toilet paper instead of a comfy blanket & warm, soft towel. ugh ... Yeah we can say we did it, it was a challenge, but who are we fooling here? a company that doesn't give a rip about it's players or ourselves?

DeletedUser8946

I've gotten soooo lost in this conversation somewhere...

@Rozakis I only buy diamonds at the beginning of a chapter. They offer 100% more after you research the portal for every Guest Race Guild.