• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Events Terrible Prizes !!

qaccy

Never again. For the first time since I started playing, I am sick to death of this game. I will never sit staring at and babysitting my computer for hours to see whether supplies are made yet. Stupid, stupid and boring. And all for a purple house and some instants? No way ever again!!!

Kinda difficult to figure out what your problem is. That some activities might require you to be online more often/more active in order to get the most out of them? That the rewards aren't appealing enough? What would you prefer? How could it be made more 'exciting'?

I personally feel like logging in once or twice a day just to collect 9- or 24-hour productions is inherently more 'boring' than short productions because there's obviously less happening in the game, but maybe that's just me because everyone seems to prefer that style of play.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think it's the repetition that's the issue.

Some more interesting badges like
Explorer's badge
Solve 4 Encounters, or Scout a Province, or Gain 10 relics
Construction badge
Upgrade a Building to level xx (scaled by chapter), or Gain an impressive amount of coins (scaled by chapter)
Enlightenment badge
-Spend 20 KP, or Research 1 Technology, or Gain 2 spells

might help. But first the quest cycling needs to die. In a fire.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
But first the quest cycling needs to die. In a fire.

I think we all want a new quest system for christmas :rolleyes:

The effort and craziness of the clicking adds to the perception of work involved and therefore measly rewards for that effort. Fixing both the quest cycling and rewards would be great. Sadly assuming both were to even occur I have a bad feeling the quests would be done last when it should be first to fix.

DeletedUser6653

Some more interesting badges like
Explorer's badge
Solve 4 Encounters, <snip>, or Gain 10 relics
great idea as long as it isn't required in the pit, the last day would be pretty ugly otherwise.
Construction badge
Upgrade a Building to level xx (scaled by chapter), or Gain an impressive amount of coins (scaled by chapter)
not practical for a 1 week event and as a badge.
Enlightenment badge
-Spend 20 KP, or Research 1 Technology, or Gain 2 spells
only the spell one is even reasonable for the FA.
But first the quest cycling needs to die. In a fire.
YES! YES! a thousand times YES!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I read that the prizes will be different next time, not necessarily better though, and the badges will be different as well. No mention about the quest cycling though. I think they believe that if they ignore us for long enough we will forget that 300,000 clicks (more or less) is way to many!

DeletedUser1766

We put in such a lot of effort this time and led all the way to the last hour and then we ran out of 1 day production and we ended up 3rd as other teams paid to win by spending diamonds. I was so tired by the end. Yes it was interesting team work but I got seriously sick of cycling through quests to find the right badge and despite the fun of the team work I am not at all sure I could ever do it again. The prize is pathetic but as everyone who finishes the maps gets the same points it is in the pit where teams win and you can just buy your way through if you have bottomless pockets. I decided a while back to not spend any more money here.

I am definitely taking a break this time. I push myself to help my fellowship but what is the point of a competition when someone with deeper pockets just walks right past. The prize will just sit in my inventory like all the other prizes I have no room for. All pointless. I may hang around to see if there is a new chapter and if it is interesting but I am tired of these silly races for nothing.

SoggyShorts

@ALdbeign
I think you may have missed that those badge ideas all have "or" modifiers.

Explorer's badge
Solve 4 Encounters,
or Scout a Province, or Gain 10 relics

In a 6 day long FA every member should be able to get a couple of these, and with the tournament running in parallel the relics one should be quite easy.

Construction badge
Upgrade a Building to level xx (scaled by chapter),
or Gain an impressive amount of coins (scaled by chapter)

Most building upgrades take less than a day, so unless you are fully maxed, a player could do a dozen of these during the FA.
(this provides some balance for small players with fast upgrades vs players at the end of the tech tree with massive cities)
Alternatively you could focus on the Gain Coins option which involves nothing more than simply doing your map visits.

Enlightenment badge
-Spend 20 KP,
or Research 1 Technology, or Gain 2 spells

The KP option is pretty much a freebee with 24 daily KP plus anywhere from 40 to 80 from the tournament, plus FS bonus.
Research a tech could probably be dropped as an option here, but I figured why not?
Gain 2 spells is again almost a freebee since you can make 2 PoP per day, and should get some from both the tournament and visit chests.

DeletedUser1766

What is the point in making the badges harder to get or make them more interesting when all the teams have to do to win is buy diamonds. As long as it is ranked and only the top 3 get any sort of prize it is pointless. Even worse when the prize is something you already have and cannot use. I now have 2 of them sitting in my inventory.

SoggyShorts

What is the point in making the badges harder to get or make them more interesting when all the teams have to do to win is buy diamonds. As long as it is ranked and only the top 3 get any sort of prize it is pointless. Even worse when the prize is something you already have and cannot use. I now have 2 of them sitting in my inventory.
Granted there is little to no point in competing with top fellowships now, but making badges more interesting, especially if they are more balanced towards newer cities can help.
I'm at the end of the tech tree in one city, and was able to run 90 workshops. The way we get badges now, no one can compete with a whole FS like that (without $$).
But if we add some badges that give small players and edge (like upgrades, or scouts) maybe it would help.
Really the entire FA needs an overhaul, and interesting badges is just one aspect of that.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

The pay-to-win in these events won't go away and is probably a nice boost for Inno. However they could be much more far reaching with the prizes. I can understand keeping the buildings limited to the top but the instants could be upped by a huge amount. Possible ideas:
  • Top 100 get 1 min instant, then top 80 get 1min and 3min, then top 60 get 1 min, 3min, 15min, etc until the top 5 are getting 1 of each time instant
  • Give a 1min instant for each way point in round 1, 3 min for round 2 and 15min for round 3. Could vary this for the harder paths/way points

Considering how easy the instants are in events the amount in FA seems measly. Increasing these is cheap, rewards people and by using the time ones gives people time and likely encourages them to keep playing and/or buy some diamonds/instants down the track.

DeletedUser1766

Well I also play FOE which is also an Inno game and they handle their adventures much better. They are every week and all the prizes are individual but the prize for winning is power to your fellowship which in time gives all members benefits. This game also gives diamonds as presents, as random awards as quest prizes. They limit how many expansions you can buy, only 2 per chapter and the ones you win on the map are in set provinces not have many provinces you gain. Much better controlled and I am enjoying it more. Maybe in time I will get bored with it but it handles the sort of problems that Elvenar has much better and the pressure is to stay in a chapter as long as possible not to progress to fast as you need to build up resources which will not long be produced once you move on. More challenging in ways.

Same company but 2 totally different ways of handling similar issues. I wonder if they talk to each other. :)

The ratio of screen time and communication time to prize value is highly undervalued at this point. People worked their tails off checking in during their days to do this and be in 46th place, and got a 30 minute time reducer and a smallish prize. Not worth it, whipping us up into a competitive force for a trophy the size of a fingernail. It's like the tickets you get at an arcade and cash them in for a whistle or some stickers.

DeletedUser6653

@ALdbeign
I think you may have missed that those badge ideas all have "or" modifiers.
Nah Soggy, I got that, was was just sharing my view on these options, a couple of them (the "or's") could be doable, but honestly for a competition of this nature most of them are just a way for INNO to make more diamonds and not a way for it to be more competitive. and badges need to be made
repetitively so... scouting a province for a badge? upgrading a building? Seriously, these won't work to generate the 20+ badges (of multiple types) you need to do the FA. I love your creativity and you have shared a lot of good ideas. In this case however, I feel these would be good for an normal event but only a couple of these suggestions could work in a one week pvp event like the FA.

Gain x relics (solve encounters can't work since encounters only count on the world map), this one could be pretty ugly after the tourney is over but since you can collect badges, it would add to strategy and planning.
Gain x spells (also collectible during a tourney).
Gain x coins (or supplies).
I suppose the spend x KP is plausible since people could buy them on the fly in the pit so it wouldn't be just another 1 day build, also gain x kp would work out since, again, you could rack up badges during the tourney.

Just my 2 cents.

SoggyShorts

Fair enough, I now see where you're coming from.
Personally I absolutely loathe the PvP element and am generally working off the understanding that it may be changed to a merit based system where you and your FS actually get prizes based on how well you and your FS do--- not how much better other more powerful bigger fellowships do.
(solve encounters can't work since encounters only count on the world map....................scouting a province for a badge? upgrading a building? Seriously, these won't work to generate the 20+ badges
These are totally doable for smaller cities, and that is where the balancing comes in. I see no point in a "competition" where the biggest and strongest are guaranteed to win.
Remember, a late game player is able to crush those "gain relics" so it's actually good that they suck at scouting. And the opposite is true for a small player.

There's 3 routes to take, and personally I'd find it more interesting if 1 route was really hard for one type/level of player.

And finally if you're concerned about multiple pit rounds, not all badges need to be in the pit rotation-- Elegant statues for example.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Personally I absolutely loathe the PvP element and am generally working off the understanding that it may be changed to a merit based system where you and your FS actually get prizes based on how well you and your FS do--- not how much better other more powerful bigger fellowships do.

I loathe PvP but in this case I see it more as competitiveness rather than PvP. I do agree however that most of the prizes should be based on your FS merits while still allowing some reward for the competition aspect. Paths and rewards is underutilised as most players avoid the red path unless going for lots of points as they see it as too hard. To be rewarded for choosing a hard path would be great. Almost like having a prize attached to each path as well as the round. People don't always want buildings bu they do want something they feel is of value for the effort they are putting in.

For things like the BP providing some bonus (probably instants) every x rounds would also help with the rewards on merit.

To achieve high in a FA requires a good deal of communication, coordination and effort which deserves rewards to match that level of dedication and participation.

NearOK

My Fs finished Stage 3 with an hour to spare, and so went to the Pit. Of our 19 members, only 12 participated, and I can't help but wonder why the other 7 didn't. As has been mentioned here, the time investment and building reqs are too much, even though the individual player reaps the rewards of the goods and supplies they would have made anyway. The onus to produce x amount in x hours, while challenging at first, becomes a tedious exercise in the long run, dulling my enthusiasm for the game. My advance planning was marred at times by accidental collection of a Good/Supply before I wanted to, noncrediting of items toward my goal after clicking on them, and just plain carelessness from sleepiness in being at the keyboard too long. And the cute rewards given at the end of each stage has already been adxressed by every post in this thread. The Instants are great, but really - what use is there of a 1-min Instant? And I have15 buildings in my spell queue that I cannot justify the space for, so I agree more substantial rewards be given, if only to promote player loyalty.

And now for the cycling system. While tedious and time-wasting, I find it preferable to the normal quests in that I have a choice as to what I build. I strongly suggest that it be made similar to the Trader's menu. What messed me up at first was the continual shifting of the two quests during each cycling operation. ore than once I lost credited resources because my partially-completed selected quest had disappeared. It took me more instances than I care to admit that only the positions of the quest boxes had changed, only to revert to their original positions upon the next cycling. I can't think of any logical reason this should occur, and from the comments of the Support staff, it frustrated a lot of players.

Finally, I agree with those who wish to add more variety in the quests. My Fs will never choose the RED path, so building badge s and jewelry by accumulating goods and supplies becomes somewhat repetitive, if a bit simplistic.

There's more I'd like to comment, but I'm still somewhat numb from shock in playing this FA.