• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

Nectar of the Gods

(Nectar of the Gods......" They do give the option of upgrading a building to level 20 or researching a technology in the tree. I would say anyone at any level could research a technology in the tree. That's what I'm counting on, at least."
For those who are more advanced, the upgrading to level 20 makes sense. I'm just glad they have a way for me to complete the quest without upgrading that high. :)" )

I wish you had really paid attention and read what I wrote, before responding..then you would have answered a bit different. As you answer does not offer but the complaint I am making on this. :(
I'm sorry I didn't respond with some answer you wanted in the way you wanted it. I read your post and from my understanding you are at the chest, or perhaps one technology away from getting to the chest, to move on to the next chapter. You can't upgrade your buildings to level 20 until you unlock that chapter and complete those technologies. It will take you 5-6 days to do so. And you're unhappy about it. What did I miss?

It took me, just beginning in a new world, a few days to get 600 goods. Now I'm stuck trying to get 20 relics. I have neither the armies nor the goods/cash/supplies for clearing any provinces for those relics. I'm trying to build up my resources, but it takes a lot of time when you are small to do that. The relics I have managed to obtain so far have come from chests when I have visited neighbors. I just have to keep plugging away at it until I'm past it and it will take days. Kind of like needing to upgrade 5 buildings to level 3 or higher and only having 2 builders. That takes a while. But at least we have until the 31st of December to get through these quests. I'm sure they made some of them harder to slow everyone down. If it was too easy it wouldn't be a challenge, right?

Istaru

Does anyone know for the set buildings, when they are side by side, are they polish-able separately or as 1 unit? I am thinking, since they take one road connection for the set as a unit, maybe they could be polished as a unit too, and give you the bonus on the whole set. That would be my preference. I am very interested in this set for Woodelves and above, less so for fairies and below. It's really the mana and the orcs that offer the best bonuses for my tastes, supplies, less so. although the goods are a nice thing in that hand building.

DeletedUser14078

Statistically your odds of winning a daily prize building are best with the small box.

Personally my experience has been that the daily grand prizes are harder to get than the last event. In the fall I got more of the daily prizes, this time I've only been lucky enough to get 1 that I've tried for. I even tried a small box attempt earlier today.

Seems to me that this event is stingier with the keys than the last one was with the nuts.

Just sayin...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Seems to me that this event is stingier with the keys than the last one was with the nuts.
Maybe, but I hadn't noticed.
upload_2017-12-9_19-49-32.png

DeletedUser3622

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but please don't offer double ice crowns with the least useful daily prizes again. I realize you're trying to push players to purchase more keys, but this method is just a slap in the face. Nobody wants to waste hard-earned keys on worthless daily prize chances just to benefit from the double ice crowns offer. It's basically like you're not even offering double crowns at all. Thanks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but please don't offer double ice crowns with the least useful daily prizes again. I realize you're trying to push players to purchase more keys, but this method is just a slap in the face. Nobody wants to waste hard-earned keys on worthless daily prize chances just to benefit from the double ice crowns offer. It's basically like you're not even offering double crowns at all. Thanks.
On the other hand, if they gave double crowns during the BEST prizes they might as well just give them all the time. It would be like giving everyone the third grand prize for free...
Also the 5 day buildings aren't that bad a prize.
  • The +50% attack power can greatly increase how many provinces you can clear in a Steel or Marble/Gem tournament as those rely heavily on Light range or Mage units. Both the building and the tournament last for 5 days, so it works out perfectly. (the 5 day count down doesn't start until you place the building)In essence you are trading away your chance at a different daily prize for KP, relics, spells and runes that you get from clearing more in one of those tournaments.
  • If you are close to a new chapter, then most buildings you can win will quickly become obsolete when you do enter that new chapter and unlock better buildings. The MMM/ELR iare immune to this as they are always the same for every chapter.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On the other hand, if they gave double crowns during the BEST prizes they might as well just give them all the time. It would be like giving everyone the third grand prize for free...
Also the 5 day buildings aren't that bad a prize.
  • The +50% attack power can greatly increase how many provinces you can clear in a Steel or Marble/Gem tournament as those rely heavily on Light range or Mage units. Both the building and the tournament last for 5 days, so it works out perfectly. (the 5 day count down doesn't start until you place the building)In essence you are trading away your chance at a different daily prize for KP, relics, spells and runes that you get from clearing more in one of those tournaments.

I decided to take advantage of the double bonus to get the 2nd prize building
i ended up with ten of those +50% buildings
i figure i'll just pick a week and go nuts on a tourney

DeletedUser5800

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but please don't offer double ice crowns with the least useful daily prizes again.
What's useless to you isn't useless to everyone, I wasn't a fan of it either until last time when I got a bunch of battle buffs to get the third grand and decided I might as well do this:
i figure i'll just pick a week and go nuts on a tourney
When you're 16 provinces out in the tournament on a 5th or 6th star and still owning everything with auto battle, getting your FS an extra chest and coming in close to the top in points those things don't seem useless at all. :D

IF you complete the quests and only get the 140 on double days you are guaranteed the 3rd grand and to do well in at least one tournament (probably more) without even trying, a fair choice against dailies I think... and you can actually still grab a nice handful of dailies at the end with leftovers, you just have to do the quest, do the math and see what wiggle room you have, I still wiggled six nut caves (weirdest sentence on the forums by the way). Choices are good, what's the point in just getting everything? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser9601

That's the whole point, though.
You can win cool daily prizes, or you can sacrifice a chance at those daily prizes for a very cool Third Grand Prize.
Gotta have tradeoffs.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Gotta have tradeoffs.
Indeed, agency is essential to enjoyment. If there is one obviously best way to do things, then it might as well be a job, because everyone will do it.

I've suggested before that the double-event-coin days are most useful to the developers if they encourage players to experiment with new things that aren't getting as much uptake as they'd hoped. I expect they will mostly be on either military-boost buildings or instants, same as last time.

DeletedUser5800

This seems like a good place to give the Dev's some props on this. Two of the most common complaints for the past year have been that you have to spend diamonds to win the third grand prize and people can't win battles... they actually fixed both at a time and yet people are still not happy. Now I'm no stranger to near insulting criticisms of what the Dev's do but here I think they actually nailed it. If they would slightly retool the relic and scout quest to give an OR choice events would be pretty well balanced at this point.

Nectar of the Gods

I would be happier to see a different prize offered on the second double diamond day. And according to Gems of Knowledge, that doesn't happen. That way those who partake in battle and those who don't would both be appeased.

FWIW, I didn't spend my keys today for the "goes away after 5 days" battle prize. (And I think it is awfully nice of the devs to add culture to it!) I spent the keys knowing it would help unlock the grand prizes. I hope to build up enough keys to spend some more during the double crowns today, but if that doesn't happen then I will have more keys for a chance at a daily prize I do want. So it is all good. People are stressing out too much over the small stuff, imo.

I believe people are going to complain regardless. It's a human failing. ;)

I know the prize today is stackable and improves the battle chances. Does anyone know if it also improves the culture given?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Does anyone know for the set buildings, when they are side by side, are they polish-able separately or as 1 unit? I am thinking, since they take one road connection for the set as a unit, maybe they could be polished as a unit too, and give you the bonus on the whole set. That would be my preference. I am very interested in this set for Woodelves and above, less so for fairies and below. It's really the mana and the orcs that offer the best bonuses for my tastes, supplies, less so. although the goods are a nice thing in that hand building.

i would guess you could easily test it by clicking the buff spell and see how many hands appear

Nectar of the Gods

It has a small amount of permanent culture, but is probably not worth keeping after the combat use is spent. See image under spoiler
42783b_57d3b568994e470582f5268436e6b85a~mv2.webp
Ashrem,

For some reason the image doesn't show up for me, but if it is an image of the building with the specs, I already have seen that. What I'm wondering is if the culture stacks like the battle stats do, or if it is just the original small amount of culture for the building. So the culture benefit for my new city is 25. Would it increase to 50 if another building was stacked on it?

DeletedUser10714

Great graphics as usual, however I'm not happy with an event quest that requires a 2 day build. It's redic. since its an event with limited time.