• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

DeletedUser3622

On the other hand, if they gave double crowns during the BEST prizes they might as well just give them all the time. It would be like giving everyone the third grand prize for free...
Also the 5 day buildings aren't that bad a prize.

Missed the point. The building in question only caters to those who play the combat side of the game. For those who do not, the building is useless. Never said give it in the best prizes, just not on the prizes that are not universally useful.

DeletedUser5800

Missed the point. The building in question only caters to those who play the combat side of the game. For those who do not, the building is useless. Never said give it in the best prizes, just not on the prizes that are not universally useful.
Buildings aren't universally useful either, many people are maxed out with loads of buildings they can't place anyway... there is no such thing as a universally useful prize... kind of the point. And there are far more buildings than buffs so where the balance comes in is you can either get lots of buildings or the best one.

Edit: Maybe instants are universally useful so that could be the compromise... I guess.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I doubt anyone missed the point. It simply requires looking at the answers from a point of view that is not your own. The military buildings are only enticing to those that want them. Double crowns give other people a reason to consider them. Once they have the buildings in inventory, they have an extra reason to try combat. Therefore: most likely the double crowns are designed to tempt people to to take the least popular buildings. They are a form of "coupon," doing exactly what the developers intend. They don't need to offer double crowns for buildings that people want anyway. You are asking the equivalent of "Stop giving coupons for things hardly anybody wants," when the whole point of coupons is to get people try the things hardly anybody wants.

DeletedUser3622

I doubt anyone missed the point. It simply requires looking at the answers from a point of view that is not your own.

So perhaps then you've missed the act of looking at the answers from a point of view that's not *your* own? :)

Like I said, I get they want to push things. Adding double crowns here pushes players in directions that are not optimal for them. Players who don't do combat have already tried combat and decided don't want to do it. Pushing combat-only buildings isn't going to miraculously change their minds because the combat system is no different than when they decided against it in the first place.

If I decided I don't like Twinkies after trying a box, then the supermarket loads me up with Twinkie coupons to entice me to try those same Twinkies... those coupons go in the trash until someone important at Hostess reformulates Twinkies.

In the meantime, I gladly take the Ding Dong coupons because I find them quite tasty. Sure, they're no Oatmeal Cream Pies, but hey... the Ding Dong coupon shows that the supermarket at least wants me to be happy shopping there.

DeletedUser5800

until someone important at Hostess reformulates Twinkies.
Reformulates as in gives them +400% health? LOL
upload_2017-12-11_23-43-46.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Pushing combat-only buildings isn't going to miraculously change their minds because the combat system is no different than when they decided against it in the first place.
I think if you have a couple of MMM buildings you may find that combat when using troops that do double damage is actually quite different;)
Never said give it in the best prizes, just not on the prizes that are not universally useful.
As others have said, there is no building that is universally useful. If you believe that the combat buildings are the least useful, then that actually shows that inno made a good decision in making those the double crown days.
Without considering what the daily prize is, double crown days are obviously the best days to spend keys, so to balance that out, pairing them with less desireable buildings makes sense.
Personally I'm only going for set buildings, so I'll be missing out on all of the double crowns and the third prize as well, but I certainly don't feel it's "a slap in the face"... I mean have you ever been slapped in the face?:confused:

DeletedUser13074

When I started playing Elvenar I lucked out and the first event was playable by people that work. This one is interesting, but let us all be realistic, if you map it out a working person who is unavailable while at work (9hrs), while eating (1hr), and while sleeping (7hrs) wouldn't be able to get very far. I find this event challenging, but my team members are finding it nigh on impossible due to having a life. Double days help, but still. I'm at quest seventy something and they are lucky to be at 30. Is this the future design of quests? To need to be at least level V and be able to play at least 6-8 hrs a day?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So perhaps then you've missed the act of looking at the answers from a point of view that's not *your* own?
Nope. One of the things that constantly gets me on people's hit lists on these forums is that I'm always looking for the other point of view, whether I agree with it or not. Try looking at the thread on cheaters for the most uncomfortable, recent, example. Or go back to a thread from a couple of months back when I got strips torn off me (by the people I most often agree with) for postulating that swearing at others is a form of abuse.

I think you are assuming that I like the way the double crowns are being dispensed, but that isn't true. I'd much rather they put double crowns on a greater variety of daily prizes. I just don't fool myself that what I want is going to accomplish the goals of the company that is trying to make money off this game.

There's not much point in debating the same point of view as the person you are debating. Arguing in favor of a position we don't personally hold is an essential component in understanding people who don't agree with us. Stopping to assess why a game company might be doing something I don't like helps me be a much happier person.
When I started playing Elvenar I lucked out and the first event was playable by people that work. This one is interesting, but let us all be realistic, if you map it out a working person who is unavailable while at work (9hrs), while eating (1hr), and while sleeping (7hrs) wouldn't be able to get very far.
I do those things. Actually, 10 hours for work due to commute, and I insist on minimum 8 hours of sleep per night, plus I care for a severely disabled spouse (last night's shower and getting into bed took just over an hour). I'm finished the mainline quests. Admittedly, I'm able to play on my lunch break, which happens to coincide with the start of the tournament every week. On the second world I'm only on step 35, because it doesn't have much space to allocate for level one buildings for the event, and only has a level 2 builder, while the other has 50 workshops and 50 of my T1 boost factories and a level 5 builder. I'll still finish the second city.

How quickly you do the event is far more dependent on how badly you want to do it, and whether you've spent money on the game, than it is on how much time free you have. The whole thing about quests that take nine hours or more is that they take everybody the same amount of time, regardless of how much free time you have.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4762

can't build past level 17...in dwarves...waiting for granite for the only tech I can open at the moment...2nd day waiting...have 10782 of the 75000 needed....advised to add buildings and upgrade portal...takes granite...not happy...sure I won't finish or even get the 2nd building...pretty sure I won't even get the first :(

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
can't build past level 17...in dwarves...waiting for granite for the only tech I can open at the moment...2nd day waiting...have 10782 of the 75000 needed....advised to add buildings and upgrade portal...takes granite...not happy...sure I won't finish or even get the 2nd building...pretty sure I won't even get the first :(
It's possible to complete chapter 6 from start to finish in under 5 weeks, you should be fine- Just keep pluggin away at it.

DeletedUser5800

you should be fine- Just keep pluggin away at it.
The truth is there is always a group of people that hit events in the worst part of the tech. tree and have serious trouble if they also have not made room for prepping.
@Fabulous54 I would urge you to use the waiting time presetting as much as possible in every space you can make a spot so when you get unblocked you can run through as many quest as fast as possible.

DeletedUser5800

One thinks it's the position of the player that makes a game event more difficult, when actually it's simply poor game event design.
I disagree, in a game based on space and time there will always be points where people limited in one or both have trouble, otherwise there would be no point in an event at all, they could just give you 6,000 keys and let you roll the chest.

DeletedUser9601

This point of view is common. One thinks it's the position of the player that makes a game event more difficult, when actually it's simply poor game event design.
Disagree. Some people play sub-optimally. Either they're not playing guest race buildings "efficiently," or they're not planning ahead on events. You can't play that way and expect to win these great event prizes. Otherwise, like @Lord Draconian said, why even have the event? Why not just give out prizes to everyone for logging in once during December?

DeletedUser5800

Either they're not playing guest race buildings "efficiently," or they're not planning ahead on events.
Truth: But I would add for the average player that isn't psychotic like some of us there are just a couple of 'bad spots' in the tech. tree that conflict with a couple of quest... I don't think it's poor design though... just an inevitable conflict that's firmly in the realm of bad luck timing.