• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think they're saying that, like me, they've opened lots of chests and not gotten one building. I always buy the 140 key chests, which are supposed to have a 25% chance of getting the building, but after 10 chests, I haven't gotten one building. It's been years since I took college-level statistics, so what are the odds?
  • The odds of not getting a building are 3/4 on one attempt.*
  • The odds of not getting a building after 10 attempts are 1/20 [.75*.75*.75*.75*.75*.75*.75*.75*.75*.75=.0563....] (which means for every 1000 people playing, 56 of them will not get a building in their first 10 tries)
  • The odds of coming to the forums to report that you didn't get a building after 10 tries, probably pretty high. Which means even if there are only 1000 people playing, 50 are in the same position, and 40+ of them haven't come to the forums to report it, which is quite surprising.
* People always look at their 25% chance, and forget that at any given attempt, there's a 75% chance the won't get a building.

DeletedUser5800

Welcome to the world of randomness, I have one that has gotten 0 buildings from 14 tries and one that has gotten 4 in 5 tries and the other 1 was keys back. It's always a gamble but you still get instants and things which are helpful and you may yet hit a good streak. Everyone that plays long enough and does enough events eventually has both good and bad streaks, the balance happens over time never in small runs. ;)

DeletedUser9601

I think they're saying that, like me, they've opened lots of chests and not gotten one building. I always buy the 140 key chests, which are supposed to have a 25% chance of getting the building, but after 10 chests, I haven't gotten one building. It's been years since I took college-level statistics, so what are the odds?
Your odds are 75% chance of not getting what you want. Odds of 10 consecutive failed rolls would be .75*.75*.75...(10 times). This is about 7.5%. So pretty low odds. But not insanely so.

DeletedUser

terisalyn, that was sarcasm. They said they had not gotten a single thing. If a chest is opened, there is something in it. Either it was keys, KP, an Instant, or a building. You may not have gotten what you wanted, but you got something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

this isn't related to this topic but is there a reason Gems of Knowledge won't show the sequential tasks past 42

DeletedUser5800

this isn't related to this topic but is there a reason Gems of Knowledge won't show the sequential tasks past 42
Shows them fine for me...
But here they are if you need them:
Three Glacier Giants : Sequential Quests
1. Gain a small amount of Coin
2. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
3. Gain a small amount of Supplies
4. Gain 3 Relics
5. Train 10 Units
6. Produce Beverages 2 times
7. Buy 1 Knowledge Point
8. Gain a small amount of Marble
9. Gain a small amount of Planks
10. Gain a small amount of Steel
11. Gain a small amount of Coins
12. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
13. Gain a decent amount of Supplies
14. Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
15. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 4 or higher
16. Produce Advanced Tools 4 times
17. Produce Basket of Groceries 3 times
18. Produce Toolbox 2 times
19. Produce Beverages 50 times
20. Solve 8 Encounters or buy 8 Knowledge Points
21. Gain 20 Relics
22. Produce Simple Tools 25 times
23. Scout 1 Province
24. Produce ALL T1 (3hr) 1 time
25. Produce ALL T1 (9hr) 1 time
26. Spend 7 Knowledge Points
27. Buy 5 Knowledge Points
28. Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 5 times
29. Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 4 times
30. Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 3 times
31. Produce [T1 boost 2 day] 2 times
32. Produce Bread 5 Times
33. Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 3 or higher
34. Gain a decent amount of Coins
35. Gain 24 Relics
36. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
37. Train 100 Units
38. Gain a small amount of Crystal Gain a small amount of Scrolls Gain a small amount of Silk
39. Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to level 20 or higher
40. Produce Bread 5 times
41. Produce Beverages 20 times
42. Solve 10 Encounters OR
Buy 10 Knowledge Points
43. Gain a small amount of Marble
Gain a small amount of Steel
Gain a small amount of Planks
44. Gain 24 Relics
45. Produce Simple Tools 35 times
46. Solve 12 Encounters OR Buy 12 Knowledge Points
47. Spend 10 Knowledge Points
48. Buy 7 Knowledge Points
49. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 7 times
50. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 5 times
51. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 4 times
52. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 3 times
53. Produce Bread 10 times
54. Gain a good amount of Coins
55. ALL T1 (3hr) 3 times
56. ALL T1 (9hr) 3 times
57. Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 1 Building level 14 or higher
58. Gain a good amount of Supplies
59. Gain 2 Power of Provision Enchantments
60. Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 5 or higher
61. Produce Advanced Tools 8 times
62. Produce Basket of Groceries 6 times
63. Produce Toolbox 4 times
64. Produce Beverages 75 times
65. Solve 12 Encounters OR Buy 12 Knowledge Points
66. Gain a good amount of Coins
67. Recruit 300 Units
68. Gain a good amount of Supplies
69. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
70. Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 6 or higher
71. Produce Advanced Tools 12 times
72. Produce Basket of Groceries 10 times
73. Produce Toolbox 8 times
74. Produce Beverages 100 times
75. Solve 16 Encounters OR Buy 16 Knowledge Points
76. Gain 32 Relics
77. Produce Simple Tools 50 times
78. Research 1 Technology OR Upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher
79. ALL T1 (3hr) 5 times
80. ALL T1 (9hr) 5 times
81. Spend 15 Knowledge Points
82. Buy 12 Knowledge Points
83. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 10 times
84. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 8 times
85. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 6 times
86. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 5 times
87. Produce Bread 20 times
88. Upgrade 10 Buildings to level 4 or higher
89. Gain a good amount of Coins
90. Gain 40 Relics
91. Gain 3 Power of Provision Enchantments
92. Train 300 Units
93. Gain a good amount of Crystal
Gain a good amount of Scrolls
Gain a good amount of Silk
94. Scout 1 Province
95. Produce Bread 20 times
96. Produce Beverages 80 times
97. Solve 25 Encounters OR Buy 25 Knowledge Points
98. Gain a good amount of Marble
Gain a good amount of Steel
Gain a good amount of Planks
99. Gain 50 Relics
100. Produce Simple Tools 60 times
101. Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher
102. Spend 20 Knowledge Points
103. Buy 15 Knowledge Points
104. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 12 times
105. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 10 times
106. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 8 times
107. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 6 times
108. Produce Bread 40 times
Source: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/winter-event-quests

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Just wanted to give Kurdos to Inno Artists who did that really cool Frozen Shipwreck, best animated building I have seen from them in quite a while! Keep up the good work!

frozenship4.gif

sorry about the workshop flashing, but I tried 4 times to make the GIF short enough to upload, I give up...

Tauriel Dragonwood

I have earned and spent hundreds in keys and have not even gotten one thing from the event. It is a waste of my time and takes away from the basics of my game play.
I feel your frustration Smallknees. After spending hours completing silly quests, it would be nice to receive a worthwhile reward. At least you can try for the Grand Prizes. Save up those precious keys for the double days. Gems of Knowledge posted the days they appear which helps especially if you work for a living and can't login every day.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Aye, the animations and art work of the frozen shipwreck are cool. The animations in the Evil Windmill are spook tacular.

SoggyShorts thought of a great way to complete the quests that ask to Gain a small amount of marble, etc. Thank you. Here’s a quote from Soggy:

“The ‘gain 600 planks’ quest name is misleading as you don't actually need to increase you stockpile by 600. If you trade the same 100 planks back and forth between 2 players 6 times it will satisfy the quest.”

So simple. Just trade back & forth with each other. We don’t have a “Fellowship Only” button (like in FoE) so there’s always a chance your neighbors will pick up your trades. Just make sure you’re both online when posting trades.

By the way, in my opinion, the quests should not say Gain a small amount. It should say Gain a tremendously ridiculous insane amount. What were the developers thinking? I hate those quests but they are tolerable if only my fellowship could be online when I am. I’m three hours earlier so when I get home from work, my team mates are nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of Orcs chasing Unicorns dance in their heads.

DeletedUser14420

I just started and I'm up to the choose Barracks or Marble Factory quest. For this event, which one would be the best option?

Intovyr

DeletedUser11823

My main concern is we NEED to let new and solo players know that to complete this event, they must join or start a fellowship. 193 relics is effortless with the tournament but kind of impossible without them.

At the very least, when the event starts the announcement needs to include a reminder that joining a fellowship will make events easier. This thread has more info on why this is important.

As for the event itself, I'm looking forward to it. I started Elvenar just before the previous Winter event so this is an anniversary for me. (Kind of like a big celebration for getting to S&D in under a year.) :)

Happy anniversary! To be honest I just recently found out that this is easier with fellowship members, I've never had any help and I've finished every single Event.

I started a few months before you and as long as I organize myself I've never had any problems completing the quests, sure, this time there's a lot of Relics, but by tomorrow night I will have completed 89 quests and I will be starting #90 (which is to Gain 40 Relics), after that there's the '50 Relics' quest and it's over (as far as Relics goes), and the reason I've advanced this fast is because I organized myself. No need for fellow members so far, maybe for the Fellowship adventures.

Good luck.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I just started and I'm up to the choose Barracks or Marble Factory quest. For this event, which one would be the best option?
6 of one.... There are event items where you have to produce troops, so you can't proceed without the barracks, and there are event items where you have to produce some of each type of goods, so you can't proceed without each type of factory.

You will, however, run into the goods requirement first, so marble might be a better choice.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the reason I've advanced this fast is because I organized myself. No need for fellow members
Note that he said that players need to know that they must either join or start a fellowship.
You can play solo, but there is no reason to not at least start your own FS to gain tournament access.
Without using the tournament to "gain relics" you need to clear 24 entire provinces on the world map.
The scout times on that would be close to a month, and even if you did it in advance, that would be a long time to not use the expansions you get from clearing.
I usually recommend keeping a handful of provinces open for these quests, but 24 is really high.