• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Robert Redbeard Event

DeletedUser5800

GoK Link: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/robert-redbeard
The quest series is running on Beta January 8th through January 15th.
-It has not yet been announced when it will be on live servers, but based on usual timelines of past events, it will start and end one week later than beta.

Dear Humans and Elves,

Today we bring you the story of Robert Redbeard, who was an excellent big game hunter. He used to hunt down and feast on the mightiest creatures Elvenar had ever seen. Yet even he couldn't catch everything. The years went by and as he grew older and older, he finally retired. He still gets served various meals by his goblin kitchen crew every day and he is growing more and more of a belly. Finally he's getting tired of that and he realizes he can still hunt...

The Questline Event about Robert Redbeard will consist of 2 parts. The first part will start today and run until January 15th. After a short break, we will continue with part 2. If you help Robert Redbeard by completing his quests in time, he will reward you with 2 awesome reward buildings

1 Spend 1 Knowledge Point
2 Buy 1 Knowledge Point
3 Gain a small amount of coins
4 Gain a small amount of supplies
5 Produce Bread 5 times
6 Produce Simple Tools 25 times
7 Produce Beverages 40 Times
8 Produce Bread 20 Times
9 Gain 18 Relic
10 Train 200 Units
11 Produce Advanced Tools 10 times
12 Spend 18 Knowledge Points
13 Buy 16 Knowledge Points
14 Gain a decent amount of coins
15 Train 300 Units
16 Gain a decent amount of Supplies
17 Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 6 times
18 Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 10 times
19 Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 4 times
20 Scout 1 Province
21 Solve 12 Encounters
22 Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or Higher
23 Produce Simple Tools 30 times
24 Produce Basket of Groceries 13 times
25 Gain 20 Relics
-----The End-----

Note: Quest 17&18 are in reverse order than usual or were erroneously backwards in Beta.

Prize buildings from Part 1&2 will link into a set.
Part 2 prize will produce Divine Seeds if you are in Chapter 11! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

Yep, I finished earlier today, and that list is correct.
Awesomeness, once again you have corrected something I should have doubled sourced. You would think I would just ask you first by now. :D
Original post should now be correct.

DeletedUser4790

So GoK was missing quest 21 and 25 but the 9hr, 3hr productions do occur backwards to the usual order of 3hr,9hr?
I edited those 2 in.

Our apologies, we had some technical difficulties and 2 of the quest were omitted. It has been fixed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention :)

DeletedUser9759

I've pretty much lost interest in this now that my winter buildings are producing dust instead of supplies.

DeletedUser5838

the Redbeard event seems to be in favor of bigger cities in that the quests for producing troops are nearly impossible for smaller players. In my smaller city I can only produce 23 at a time. My armory can't be built bigger until I research. 200 or 300 troops takes forever. I think this should be adjusted for the little guys.

DeletedUser5800

It should be easy enough to scale troops needed to chapter if they can do it with gold and supplies. I agree it would be a nice balancing if a Chapter 1 had to produce 65 vs. a Chapter 10 has to produce 2,000 (note those numbers were random). I do find it mildly annoying and unfair that I can do the quest in minutes in one city or a day in another.

DeletedUser10761

question - do the 2 buildings link into the winter set? or are they completely their own set?

The Unbeliever

question - do the 2 buildings link into the winter set? or are they completely their own set?
IIRC, this is an entirely new & completely separate set.
Honestly, I think I'll take a pass on this event, as the prizes seem pretty lackluster overall.

Without a way to upgrade your set buildings as you age-up through the game, (unlike in Forge where we have reno + 1-up kits), the sets have very little value overall...
I mean, it would be so nice to have say, a Blueprint that could be used to upgrade an event building by 1 chapter per use?!

DeletedUser5800

Why would I expect you to be any different from the rest of us?
Why isn't everything easier!? Why can't I just click some random things whenever I want and have everything!? Why do things I like change but things I don't like not become what I want them to!?"

Point taken, perhaps troops and scout off-set each other (kind of). :)