• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Robert Redbeard Event

juniperknome

red beards building do link with the winter the orc vortex produces 430 gems a day regardless of the building linked to it. require at least 1

DeletedUser3602

red beards building do link with the winter the orc vortex produces 430 gems a day regardless of the building linked to it. require at least 1
Are you sure about that? Because when you check the set building's info it says "Redbeard Set" at the link bonus icon for Redbeard's Armchair and "Winter Set" at the link icon for the Winter event Set buildings.
That would suggest to me the link bonus only works with linked buildings from the same set...
But I haven't placed any of the set buildings yet, so I can't check.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you sure about that? Because when you check the set building's info it says "Redbeard Set" at the link bonus icon for Redbeard's Armchair and "Winter Set" at the link icon for the Winter event Set buildings.
At the moment there are multiple reports it works. I expect it's a bug, and will stop at some point. Or not... Risk v. Reward....

DeletedUser3468

@mucksterme - enough already. Just let it go. It was a joke hence the " :p " Some people are way too literal minded. If I said that I love that the first quest in part 2 is to make bevereges and that I won't accidently complete it because I never make bevereges , will you take it to mean that I never, ever, ever make bevereges? Or should I include the disclaimer of "unless, of course, it is for a quest that I actually want to complete, for an event that I actually want to participate in"? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@mucksterme - enough already. Just let it go. It was a joke hence the " :p " Some people are way too literal minded. If I said that I love that the first quest in part 2 is to make bevereges and that I won't accidently complete it because I never make bevereges , will you take it to mean that I never, ever, ever make bevereges? Or should I include the disclaimer of "unless, of course, it is for a quest that I actually want to complete, for an event that I actually want to participate in"? :rolleyes:

mostly i would take it to mean you can't spell " beverages "

DeletedUser3468

Oh but it's so much fun to read! :D

No, actually it isn't. It's a form of nitpickiness that is rude.

On topic, I find the prizes for the Event to be ugly and not worth the effort so the event is of no interest to me. My spelling deficiencies are irrelevant. (and well known) And you should be glad that I didn't spell beverages as beveredges like I wanted to, muckster. :p

DeletedUser5800

And you should be glad that I didn't spell beverages as beveredges like I wanted to, muckster. :p
I didn't know beavers had edges, aren't they round? :D

As far as the prizes go, I haven't done chapter by chapter comparison , but if you are in Halflings and get both it's basically a level 21 residence 4x3 plus the 3 squares of culture you would need to build it... except instead of gold it gives T2 goods, culture and seeds for very little effort. It's not awesome but is worth it I think. If it gave twice the seeds and no T2 I would be happier with it but when has anything ever actually been awesome? Winter Stars, and they indicated they regretted those with words like 'were overpowered'. :eek:

I would rather do this event ten more times in a row than the new version of the FA that's going to make me take the week off. :(

kctanzen

I just built mine in the dwarf chapter -- because I had open space, I like event buildings, and when I need space, I have 2 older event buildings I think I can tear out / move things around to wind up with no net change in footprint than before I built the new buildings, which have more population / production value than my older stuff.

Is it as 'efficient' as actually building requisite factories along with necessary support resources?

Probably not -- but I don't play a game to always maximize anything other than my own personal enjoyment.

DeletedUser3468

I didn't know beavers had edges, aren't they round? :D ...

I would rather do this event ten more times in a row than the new version of the FA that's going to make me take the week off. :(

They only have edges in my warped world! Kind of like Perry the Platypus, only Barry the Beaver instead. :confused::confused::p

Re: Prizes... it's more the look of the prizes that I don't care for. They just don't "fit" into my cities as I want them to look. (also... I'm nowhere near to being in halflings yet so that benefit is lost to me. If I were in halflings, I would probably overlook the appearance of the building/s in favor of the benefits.)

Agreed... the upcoming FA has me going... NOOOOOOOO!!! ;)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Let us stay on topic :)

~Xelenia

Very well, since you asked so nicely, I will allow you to do that.
Although I must say, with kids I usually insist they say things like,
"Please let us watch TV," or "Please let us wander off topic a bit so we can have some fun."
just saying

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Very well, since you asked so nicely, I will allow you to do that.
Although I must say, with kids I usually insist they say things like,
"Please let us watch TV," or "Please let us wander off topic a bit so we can have some fun."
just saying
I'm not sure it's "wandering" if you get permission first.

But to stay on topic. The Robert Redbeard event has an interesting story-line, but is not worth the effort

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is it as 'efficient' as actually building requisite factories along with necessary support resources?
Short answer: YES, much more effecient in fact.
I had to make a few assumptions, but here it is:
Level 15 res/ws/T2/temple of holy fire or other culture giving 100 per square
700% boost
-----
46 T2 goods per square

Redbeard's Armchair gives 68 goods per square (including roads and minus the culture it gives)
If you have both of the set pieces, then it's 136 per square

Then we look at the second building
Assuming again 700% boost and level 15 buildings
Your T3 makes 18 goods per square

Solo Redbeard's Kitchen makes 30 goods per square Plus gives 3 squares worth of culture, and 6 squares worth of pop.
Add in the set bonus and production goes from 30 to 45 goods per square.
My math:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xeiMciQb8iH3YAsBtLLxbXMZLS4mkuMew__UPLDucp4/edit?usp=sharing

Conclusion:
Even without the set bonus, the first reward is 47% more efficient than normal buildings, and the second building is like getting free goods (takes up 9 squares and gives back 3 sq of culture+ 6sq of pop)