• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Phoenix Cult

DeletedUser5917

Well...I guess I'll still go for it. Only thing I've been interested in for this event.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I shall play the devils advocate...
What if...for example...you win 6-10 wishing wells. Assuming you get 200 per wishing well, that is 1,200 to 2,000 diamonds.
Do I hear....expansions? A magic res? Magic workshop? :O Diamonds to make the next event go by faster? :O
I know a guy who did just that on Beta, and has 10 Wishing wells ready to be placed. Rumor has it he's still saving essense for it to come back around.:)

Players have long asked for expansions as a prize, but have been turned down because such a prize would be so good as to unbalance the game.
Making players go through the hurdles of first winning a few Wells, and then using space for them for 100 days in order to get 1-2 expansions is a very nice compromise.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Making players go through the hurdles of first winning a few Wells, and then using space for them for 100 days in order to get 1-2 expansions is a very nice compromise.

Unless you already have all expansions allowed. If they gave away expansions it would be a kick in the teeth for players who bought them even if it was back when they weren't as expensive as now.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Unless you already have all expansions allowed. If they gave away expansions it would be a kick in the teeth for players who bought them even if it was back when they weren't as expensive as now.
I don't think it would qualify as "a kick in the teeth". After all, those players got the advantage of having all of those expansions for months. It's like when something goes on sale a year after you buy it- is that a kick in the teeth too? A few weeks, maybe, but not after you've enjoyed having something for this long.

I don't believe it was ever promised that buying premium expansions would guarantee that you have more space than free players forever.

DeletedUser5800

they did that also winter 2016 when we expected the candy cane unicorn that went away...
But didn't they then make it a 'gift' but then you couldn't get but the once and not even in other cities on the same account? Let's hope that isn't the plan here... I wouldn't care on my main but my little city setting on over 3K essence just to stack them would be freaking out. o_O

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don't think it would qualify as "a kick in the teeth". After all, those players got the advantage of having all of those expansions for months. It's like when something goes on sale a year after you buy it- is that a kick in the teeth too? A few weeks, maybe, but not after you've enjoyed having something for this long.

I don't believe it was ever promised that buying premium expansions would guarantee that you have more space than free players forever.

Maybe not but just speaking for myself I would be less likely to spend on premium stuff if I thought they were going to turn around and give it away free later. Ran into that in a game I played start to finish. When they started giving away stuff that others had paid $ for a lot of players stopped spending. So just speaking from a been there done that perspective.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
We have to remember, expansions are not giving away for "free". The individuals who may be able to obtain the one or two expansions will be working hard for it for the next 99 days. Surely, they have earned it at that point perhaps?

Xelenia

mikeledo

I shall play the devils advocate...

What if...for example...you win 6-10 wishing wells. Assuming you get 200 per wishing well, that is 1,200 to 2,000 diamonds.
Do I hear....expansions? A magic res? Magic workshop? :O Diamonds to make the next event go by faster? :O
My next expansion is 7,000 diamonds. How many diamonds would it take for me to get 35 wishing wells? And where would I put them? That's over 300 squares.

DeletedUser5800

I also did say Magic Residence...Magic Workshop....
I would buy those if they weren't blue! Seriously did they not think there was at least some amount of people that will never pay for a blue anything, I despise the color blue, if they simply let you pick from 5 colors they would be far more valuable and sell better!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
We have to remember, expansions are not giving away for "free". The individuals who may be able to obtain the one or two expansions will be working hard for it for the next 99 days. Surely, they have earned it at that point perhaps?

Xelenia

I was referring to the players have been requesting for a long time part. Not the worked for it idea now :)

I also did say Magic Residence...Magic Workshop....expediting next event :)

Xelenia

Careful with the Magic Workshops and even Magic Residences. Timon made me back up the video and listen twice to his explanation about making room by eliminating some workshops. I'm still SMH since I did spring for the Magic Workshops and every upgrade since. I do not even want to go back and calc how much the accumulated cost of those by now :eek::eek::eek:

I would buy those if they weren't blue! Seriously did they not think there was at least some amount of people that will never pay for a blue anything, I despise the color blue, if they simply let you pick from 5 colors they would be far more valuable and sell better!

Darn good thing blue IS my favorite color :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

Little one, all 50's...
upload_2018-3-28_18-38-50.png

...and my other little one started with 3,211 and got 11, also all 50's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16570

I am new to Elvenar. A newbie question--For the task it says to "Accept 5 Trade Offers". I have been to the trader 2 times a day (am & pm) and nothing can be traded for by me. On every choice it says "You do not have the required amount of goods...." How am I supposed to complete the task if nothing comes up for me to accept ? I have been on this task for the past 4 days. I don't make a lot of goods at this point in my game. Why can't there be a "buy-out" of a task or skip a task if it doesn't apply to the player? The other event choice only changes once every 24 hours so I don't have a many opportunities to earn purple Essence. Any advice would be great!

Shyama1

Hi all :)

I just wanted to know if someone got Diamonds from their Wishing Well so far. There are a few hours remaining to get them, but before getting more, I wanna make sure they eventually give Diamonds.
(None in my friends or FS got Diamonds from the first collect so far)

Thanks ;-)
Shy