• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

0-1 Star Trade Warning

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
A filter would be fine since it would allow those who engage in clickfests to pay even less attention to what they are doing. But while you are at it, why not a pop-up box telling you all the production runs that are done with a fat green button labeled "collect." That way you'd not have to check anything ... an activity which allows you to miss some collections. And an automatic troop picker that uses some AI to select the best troops to fight against whatever you face? That way you'd not have to take the time to actually consider that question AND you avoid picking troops that weren't the best for the job at hand. And maybe a way to decide which AW's to build next... it decides and then takes all your KP and automatically puts it into the AW and then starts the upgrade when it ready. That way you wouldn't waste valuable AW by putting it on the wrong AW and/or forgetting an AW is ready to upgrade but not upgrading it.. Whew!, there are so many ways you can screw up by just not slowing down and thinking about what you are doing. Why not a big bunch of fixes so nobody ever makes a mistake. Yeah, that would do it. But of course, that will never happen because those of us who make mistakes may not like the mistake but feel rather proud when we figure out how to not make that mistake again. Which, in my opinion, is the only real solution.,

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@BrinDarby I'm putting this behind a spoiler since we're kinda highjacking the thread
Soggy, per the forum I have 3 cities that only do 2*.
So I'd like to see just those sometimes.
In your 2* star cities would it really be important to filter out the 3* trades? So important that you'd need a setting to hide them?
also would
want a fee toggle, so I could eliminate all the fee based
trades.
Trades with fees are either 1* or 0*, so if you leave both boxes unchecked, they'd be filtered out- adding a separate toggle for fees would therefore be redundant.
I guess if you wanna see just 3* or 1*
I don't believe there is a significant use case for us to worry about this.

With the inclusion of just the 0* and 1* checkboxes, we get the following options:

See only 2* & 3* (uncheck both boxes)
See 1*,2*,3* (check the 1* box)
See 0*,1*,2*,3* aka ALL trades (check both boxes)
See 0*,2*,3* (check the 0* box)

I believe this would cover 99%+ of what players would want to see
and that the downgrade to a dropdown
or adding more buttons to cover the other situations isn't worth it.

My reasoning:
I just don't see a reason to ever hide 2 & 3-star trades
other than to find your FS member's 0-star trade faster,
and that can be accomplished by clicking the "last page" button.

BrinDarby

Soggy, Ive had map members post reverse 2* deals.....
They post +50%, basically paying the fee , making it
still a 2* deal to me. its Rare but does happen.....

All Im saying is we both want filters, fine, but Inno
must be fair to everyone, therefore must give all possibilities
the chance to filter out stuff..... I'm just saying, make it fair
to everyone..... even if you and I don't see a need.......

and the OP's title was about 0-1 star deals, we are on topic.

SoggyShorts

Soggy, Ive had map members post reverse 2* deals.....
They post +50%, basically paying the fee , making it
still a 2* deal to me. its Rare but does happen.....
But why would you filter that out?
You're getting a 2-star trade,
and they are getting what they asked for.
win-win

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
sine when?:D

@ajqtrz To not missclick in the trader is totally a skill check we must keep in the game lmao

I agree. And not choosing the wrong troops, not accidentally deleting buildings we wanted to keep, not making mistakes, in general. How about not putting the right amounts in the trader...like you meant to offer 10k but you offered 100k? They ask you to check and confirm, but how many really do? Really, mistakes happen and why should Inno spend valuable coding time fixing what a tiny bit of slowing down fixes easily? All I'm saying is that Inno shouldn't be in the business of correcting what are obviously harmful habits....like not looking at the building we just said to delete and confirming the deletion only to find because we were on automatic, we just deleted something we didn't wish to delete. Just how much do you want Inno to play your nanny?

AJ

Tuschunreal

I still think it's the wrong approach, besides 0-1 star trades by players in chapters 1-3 the real new ones are almost a necessity to get the goods needed to build and upgrade. I take them from players all the time, 50 Planks for 200 Marble can make a big impact on low-level players.

Ed
I wasn't in a big hurry to get through the first few chapters so only posted small trades at 2 star. I remember some frustration but it seems to be the culture and worked out. When the tournament opened for me I would post zero star but only for the amount of goods needed to finish a province and I sent out to my fellowship in chat why I needed the trade. The trades were always quickly accepted. Now that my cities are a bit bigger (dwarves) I want to know what my goods are being used for if its a zero or 1 star trade. That way I can decide if the investment makes sense to me. I never thought about looking at a players city to see if in first 3 chapters...I will have to start doing that and help them going forward.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem , you are entitled to your opinions, just as I am entitled to mine .
As to your other questions , sorry no answer … I don’t argue , I don’t debate , I don’t dissect peoples sentences , so as you can see we are very different, with very different opinions. That’s enough for me to accept and move forward.
No one is forced to argue. When we enter the suggestions forum, we are opting to participate in discussion. We can agree with other people, or we can disagree with them. Refusing to acknowledge any positions with which we disagree makes our own positions valueless.

It's not an opinion at all. Logically it's like Nordstrom's computer saying to the clerk "You've requested a price lable which is higher than the suggested retail of that product, do you wish to proceed." Nothing at all like the customer being told "we have high prices." It is an internal mechanism to warn us that we are doing something our customers might not like. The two are nothing alike in reality, regardless of anyone's opinions.

defiantoneks

while i would not mind the opportunity to filter out those "potentially disadvantageous" trades, i also don't want the trader more cluttered up than it already is. any new functionality would need to be very simple. (IMO)

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 10.05.07 PM.png

BrinDarby

110% cluttered up is bad, but there's wasted space
that can be reclaimed.... both "offer/demand" are
longer than necessary.

There's room for..... Fee w/wo , Stars 0-3, and crosstrades.
Visually it wouldn't look any more cluttered up than the
7 tabs are.

SoggyShorts

There's room for..... Fee w/wo , Stars 0-3, and crosstrades.
Visually it wouldn't look any more cluttered up than the
7 tabs are.
I'm not sure there's that much room once you account for sentient and ascended boxes too.
I'm not invested in this enough to do another mock-up though (my last one was from years ago)
If you'd like to show a nice one, I'd like to see it (no drop-downs though;))