• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[9284] New Message indicator

DeletedUser1036

Several times today I have had a new message notice indicator pop up when there isn't one in my message box. I asked around and one player said they have heard of it happening on other servers as well.

Game version: __ v1.2.7-(807270c) (2016-04-01 9:33)
Game world: __Winyandor
Browser + version: __Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __Windows 10
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __My Shadow
Humans or Elves: __Elve

This is strictly a random issue, it has happened several time when I look at the knowledge tree then come back, but it has also happened just sitting idle waiting on my workshops to finish so I can collect and reset them.

Attachments

• notice.png
    notice.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 92
  • result.png
    result.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 110

DeletedUser115

Thank you for reporting this, My Shadow. This bug should have been fixed with version 1.2.

We will try to reproduce this and re-open the issue should the bug be reproducible.

Thanks again, & have a great day!

DeletedUser115

Hi -

I have not been able to reproduce this issue. Does anyone have any specific reproduction steps they have encountered this issue with?

I have tried going to the world map, province screens, trader, MA, etc and back home to no avail.

DeletedUser

It hasn't happened to me since the times I mentioned, and it was no big deal at the time aside from a couple of extra clicks. I suspect it was a one time fluke and unlikely to happen again.

DeletedUser1036

Yes yesterday it happened quite often today it has only happened once

Ok only 3 times today but yesterday was much worse

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115

Thank you, @My Shadow !

Unfortunately, I still have not been able to reproduce this.

Should this come back up, please feel free to reply to this thread.

DeletedUser

It's happened to me again too, just today, but it's not a game stopper - more of a minor annoyance.

DeletedUser1036

OK it's back with a vengeance today. I'm thinking because there were so many messages as of late (our fellowship posted quite a few) and I deleted all of them including the message's I posted, that when somebody reply's to one I get the alert (even though I deleted the message).

DeletedUser61

I get the alert (even though I deleted the message
That's actually the normal behavior.

In FoE we have address lists that you can leave and/or acquire by being added, but in Elvenar the fellowship address lists are automatic and all members of the fellowship will be automatically included in every fellowship message thread.

You can clear out your list of messages, but you'll still get all of the new messages (and the associated flag) whenever anybody in the fellowship appends a post to a thread.

DeletedUser1036

Good to know, still an annoying red flag but good to know

DeletedUser115

Hi guys -

Thanks to all of you that took the time to report this issue! We have been able to confirm and it has been sent to our development team for a little TLC. ;)

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact support.

DeletedUser3507

Had the same thing occur and reloaded and msg flag went away...

DeletedUser3753

Thank you, Aider, for pointing me in the right direction. I see where the issue went back to the development team, but that was in April. And then there was my thread being connected to this one and one more reply. Did I miss something about how to fix it? Because it's still happening daily. I should be able to clean out my mail without having this problem.

DeletedUser6041

Hello, I'm having similar problems: I go to check my inbox message because the icon shows several messages. I click on it and there are no messages. there is a message that states: "Inbox is empty"! I've refreshed and restarted several times. Nothing has changed...still no messages. How to fix this? :( Ahosi

DeletedUser4671

This has been confirmed and the developers are working on a fix for this. Here is what is going on:

When you open your Inbox to view new message notifications and don't see a new message, that is because the notification is associated to a message chain you have already deleted. Once you delete a chained message and someone replies, you won't get it anymore since you removed it.

If you have multiple notifications in your inbox, but open it and only see a few messages it is because you get a notification for each message that is added in the chain.