• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A basic guide to Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser627

Nobody has ever said that it's a double own+own. I'm presuming that all of the points contributed to Ancient Wonders that you own, including your own contributions, will directly contribute to your own score.

My error - that's what I get for writing at 3am. Your original point was clear.

DeletedUser43

Fairy Wonder Prosperity Towers

A level one Prosperity Towers gives you:

5ooo supplies every 3 hours.

Now that is useful. That's a lot of supplies per a 3 hour stint. As you upgrade your towers I imagine this will increase too. So basically, this tower is a super workshop. It won't give you the points*, but you may be able to delete more of your other workshops and put the population and culture towards building more factories or armories or whatever you want. Plus, you can have fewer workshops, then that gives you more space.
*Plus, there have been comments that wonders will indeed give you points in the future. If so, this becomes very attractive indeed!

A one hour supply spell production boost.

If you have built a magic academy and use these spell boosts, then this could be of a big use to you. As you upgrade this wonder, I imagine this boost will increase too.

This wonder doesn't do anything else, so there really isn't much else to say about it. But that first benefit may be all it takes to make this the fairy wonder to have.

Maz Mellor

I just want to thank you, BobbyKitty, for starting this thread. I am currently researching Elven Ancient Wonders in my city in Arendyll and I confess I have no earthly idea how they work, except for something something rune shards something something KP something something boosted relics something something hand-waving et cetera. So I am going to be reading your posts—and the ensuing discussion—carefully over the next few days! :eek:

DeletedUser43

Please post any questions you have Maz. Then I can add them and the answers to the first page. I don't know what I didn't cover. :)

DeletedUser

I am also researching Elven Ancient Wonders in K. After reading that it costs BG-Relics, I have decided NOT to build it for sometime. I am to the Halls you mentioned much later in the game though. I use my BG's for so much. I trade frequently, negotiate all my encounters, and of coarse upgrades and research. I refuse to have a non-BG building in any of my cities. I need my BG buildings to be running at their finest! Thank you for you wonderful explanation to all this BobbyKitty!

Maz Mellor

Soooooo, here's a question. Does anybody have anything good to say about the Martial Monastery? Has anyone built it and actually ended up being glad that they did?

DeletedUser594

Personally I think it's one of the better balanced AW's since it provides a culture bonus in addition to the health point bonus for troops. The troop health increase isn't huge but will result in savings long term in troop turnover and extend your tournament runs. Meanwhile the culture bonus is not too shabby-
At level 8 it will be giving the same culture as a Temple of Fire + an 8.8% health increase. If you like to fight it seems like a good choice- if you prefer negotiating it's probably not a great fit.

DeletedUser1036

To me AW's are nothing more then a place for people dump/spend their KP once you have reached the end of what ever chapter is available in the Knowledge Tree while waiting on the next big update to it. The real winners are those who get there first because everyone chip's in trying their best to gain a rune since now there getting even harder to predict by completing provinces. Anyway that is just my opinion of them and it really isn't important.

I did finish the knowledge tree so time to look and figure out which AW to pop up in my city. I picked the Fairy Wonder Prosperity Towers

Just like BobbiKitty said it does have value for now. Here is the kicker, it is effected by culture boost's as well so that 5000 quickly became more and with each level the added culture boost in my city's add's to it. It was suppose to produce 6100 supply's at level 2 but I have been getting upwards of 8900 every 3 hours.

It also works like a dwarven copper mine so you have to collect every 3 hours or it just sit's there.

DeletedUser627

Provincial Tournaments may change some of the factors we've used to evaluate Wonders. If we compete in Tournaments, we're going to have lots more KP, for one. Even if you're not sure about building them, it's probably a good idea to use the KP to collect runes (from others' Wonders) in case you decide it's good to build some of them later.

We also keep hearing about the Wonders eventually adding to our scores, and that the score will be related to the KP needed for the Wonder. That could be roughly 3000 points per Wonder. Since there are no culture or population buildings necessary to support the score, this is the highest per grid score available. In this case, we'll need to re-evaluate Wonders - do we need the space for goods production, or can we devote it to a scoring mechanism?

It's also conceivable that eventually the Wonders will have higher level upgrades that might increase their value.

For now, the turning point seems to be: do I have a use for all my kp? Once I get to a place where I don't have any use for the KP, then I'll start to Wonder....

DeletedUser43

Can anyone update this with any info on new wonders that aren't discussed here?

Let me see if I can go through the wonders with my own opinions:

Crystal Lighthouse....I don't find much use for this. I have all the goods I need, but newer players might want it. I use this to build it and then destroy it so I can rebuild it again and get some broken shards I use for other things.

Martial Monastery....Indispensable if you do any battling. Without it you don't have much chance of winning most battles.

Tome of Secrets....mostly worthless. A few supplies when you scout a province? A kp here and there? Not worth building.

Golden Abyss....it is ok I guess. The coins it gives aren't that important as you go on, but it is nice to have the population. Because it is so small and it takes a lot of kp to level it up, it gives you one of the best points per square ranking wise if you get it to a level 15. For that reason, it could be worth something to me, but I have other things I want to build first.

Endless Excavation....the relics are useless. If you do any tournaments at all, you get plenty. Getting some supplies every 24 hours....ok, that is fine, but you need so many supplies. It will be one of the last I ever build.

Watchtower....I don't know much about this one.

Thrones of the High Men...I'm drooling over the thought of getting this one. Maybe one day. I really want the ranking points.

Dwarven Bulwark....upgrading the barracks training size is useless to me. I already have enough troops sitting in the queue. I don't need more. Producing some swords every 3 hours is ok....I can use them as bait in the battles. They die and protect my more important troops.

Mountain Halls...It really boosts your goods production and this is handy. It also gives you population and I always need population. I think this one is quite useful.

Prosperity Towers....the boost it gives the power of provision spell is useless to me since I don't use that spell, but the supplies it gives are very needed. They keep draining us of supplies with no way to get more. Any way to get supplies are needed. I think this one is quite useful.

Blooming Trader Guild....anything that shortens the time to slog through the guest races is useful. I wish I had had a chance to get one before I hit the orc chapter. Plus, I like the bumblebee.

The new orc wonders I know nothing about.

But read this whole thread. BobbiPiazza has a great post about when to build wonders at all. Please keep in mind that these are my opinions about the wonders. Everyone has a different city and so you might want something that I don't. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1901

Prosperity Towers....the boost it gives the power of provision spell is useless to me since I don't use that spell, but the supplies it gives are very needed. They keep draining us of supplies with no way to get more. Any way to get supplies are needed. I think this one is quite useful.

@Bobbykitty, why do you not use the Power of Provision spell on your workshops to increase your supply production by 200% for 10 hours since you need supplies so badly? Just wondering if there is something I'm missing here...

DeletedUser43

Because I don't have a magic academy and I need supplies so badly. I need the space for my level 1 workshops. In the same amount of space of a magic academy I can place 4 level workshops...then I set them all for 3 hour productions and then I can do two of the quests that gives me 13000 supplies. If I use a magic academy and that spell then I can double my usual output of 3000 supplies so I can make 6000 supplies every 3 hours times two because I can make 2 spells a day...so that is 12,000 supplies every 3 hours. Without it I get 26,000 supplies every 3 hours, with it, 12,000. Plus, the ma doesn't give you any ranking points.

I also can't use it for any culture boost because I never keep my culture above 100%. In fact, right now I am negative 25,000 culture because I am using all my space for the horrible orc chapter.

I am desperately short on supplies all the time. The orc chapter is a real supply suck. My city would stop completely if I wasted that space with a magic academy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

I am in chapter 5 (the level just before Dwarves) I placed the golden abyss as It gives coins and population. But are things I need. It is also 3x3 so does not take up that much space. as it gets upgraded, the amount of coins and the population goes up. So for me, that one was well worth placing. I have several that can be placed but they will stay where they are as I don't want to mess with them taking up my critically needed space. I am going to need that for mines and such when I hit Dwarves. Sadly I am back to zero available population and not sure where to put more houses.

DeletedUser43

Update: since I wrote this they changed the rules so that the owner of the wonder gets ranking points when they upgrade their wonder. I have softened my position on how awful it is to donate to other people's wonders. Now, I don't think it is so bad. At least the owner gets points out of it.

DeletedUser2491

With the endless excavation, when do you get the "extra" runes for finishing a province?
I've upgraded it to level 2 and I still only get 1 rune for finishing provinces. And the next upgrade still says 1 per province.
But I only get one, which I got without the "wonder". Shouldn't I be getting 2 at least? And to have to upgrade to past level 3 to get more is ridiculous. Not sure why I spent the resources to build it or take up space.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
With the endless excavation, when do you get the "extra" runes for finishing a province?
Never. you get 1 extra relic, not a rune.
Also you should get rid of it. One workshop is much smaller and make more supplies. Likewise the 1 relic is pathetic, you get WAY more just doing a little bit in the tournament.