• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A basic guide to Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser3686

With the old battle system the Needles of the Tempest was one of the best wonders. But now, troops train so quickly that I can't even get a whole night production out of them. I suppose the light units get a boost, but hey, I can't tell. They get creamed no matter what. I am sure there is some goldilocks zone where this useful. Maybe the fighters can tell you. Mykan can probably answer this better than I can.

I do tend to play during the day but my fighting is limited due to how fast I can train my units. With a 370-something squad size, it takes forever to train a single squad so I could use any extra boost really. I guess I can always delete it if it turns out to be useless.

DeletedUser3297

I like the Needles. I don't need to train as many crossbowmen since I lose less of them in battle. The extra training speed has helped me tremendously since I am keeping my armories at level 8 even though I could level them to 15 right now if I wanted to. Since I fight everyday, the Needles has helped me to maintain my troop levels to do so.

nightrider1

Since woodelves and sorcers dont have a 'named' portal does the Blooming Trader boost mana and related goods

DeletedUser3297

Your guest race portal provides a production boost to all settlement buildings and as it levels, that boost increases. The Blooming Trader Guild provides an additional boost on top of the portal production boost. These new chapters that do not have a building called a portal, still have a building that stores settlement resources and provides a production boost to the settlement. The BTG offers the same benefit to these new races because the settlement buildings work the same way.

Since Mana is not a settlement resource and is not produced by settlement buildings, it is considered an "Other Resource" and is not affected by the BTG.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Could you please explain? Mykan's Guide claims
I assume you mean this:
Wisdom Square is the connector between your Main Hall and the University. It produces apprentices. A base of 6 apprentices plus 6 for each faculty, the more faculties you have the faster you can produce them. Production is not affected by the Blooming Trader Guild wonder or Campus level.
True, the wisdom square does not make extra apprentices based on BTG bonus, but all of the S&D faculties do make extra stuff based on BTG.

DeletedUser3122

all of the S&D faculties do make extra stuff based on BTG.

Thanks for the response. I've read that link and don't find mention about any influence of the BTG on faculty buildings. Since I just built my BTG, I never saw firsthand how it boosted production buildings in the other chapters. I don't have faculty buildings yet in S&D. I was wondering if I wasted valuable space building it so late. So if I'm understanding yours, and Kaylee's replies, settlement buildings are affected by the portal boost - and since there is no portal in S&D, only the settlement (faculty) buildings get a boost? It's a bit confusing only because the BTG says portal specifically. It should either be included at the wiki or Inno state it somewhere. Is it something people notice when having the BTG or did you see it written in a wiki or by Inno somewhere?