• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser15536

how about mucking it all up for everybody and making it L-shaped or T-shaped?....I'm still pissed about being 3 quest short of getting the wedding altar, a lot of wasted effort...at least the Phoenix eggs give bonuses throughout the process

DeletedUser15231

I feel a 2 X 2 is much easier placed and easier for adoption for all scores and levels of players.

Te h Rhana

I Like the 1x4 or 4x1, but the truth is, a 2x2 is the easiest to place. As far as the race, I think it would be inspirational for it to represent one of the higher races - higher in the research tree - Sorcerers on up.

DeletedUser203

I have two 2x2 Mana producing specialty buildings. I really love them for their output v. size and easy placement,,, I would look forward to seeing more of these with different types of output,, :)

Risen Malchiah

Voting on size and effect is over, those polls are closed; this is what we're voting on now:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-community-based-building-pt-3.15822/#post-99241
I love that each time someone reminds everyone that we're now discussing the new thing, a dozen more posts show up about the old thing. Haha, I guess these really should have been 3 separate threads after all.

And what's with everyone liking my very first post in this message thread which didn't say much at all, while my totally much cooler post later in the thread gets half as much love? :p

DeletedUser3507

Elvenar has shot down any storage idea that's been asked for. So I really think that that concept is totally dead. Sure it would be nice, but it will never come about.

DeletedUser

@jps54 That's as may be, but it will never stop anyone from asking for it (or demanding they be given it or else they'll quit the game and/or Inno will go out of business). :p

DeletedUser3507

Futile comes to mind as a response, to their request, sorry to say..
And that me being a practical realist...:eek:
I been seeing the same type of request for 2 years and it has not helped one bit.

DeletedUser8847

Elvenar has shot down any storage idea that's been asked for. So I really think that that concept is totally dead. Sure it would be nice, but it will never come about.

That is really sad because we are so short of space in our cities. Many cultural buildings that comes from quests takes lot of room :/

DeletedUser

Futile comes to mind as a response, to their request, sorry to say..
And that me being a practical realist...:eek:
I been seeing the same type of request for 2 years and it has not helped one bit.

Doesn't matter. Players are never going to stop asking for it, no matter how many times they're told it's not going to happen.

DeletedUser188

If someone else stores a building it has zero effect on my city growth or performance so who cares if we could store a building
As futile as it might seem to some people I don't mind players coming to the forums and ask for storage(they never stopped asking in FoE forum and after 3 years they finally added it)
From what I see at least its not the same players asking over and over again for it so it would seem that players want it
Most are new to the forum unlike the players who respond to the request (the same players over and over again) and say it wont ever happen
Until the Elvenar team actually lets new players know that storage will never be added there is no way for them to know unless they ask
So these requests are still going to pop up from time to time
Remember we the daily forum readers have seen all the requests for storage
But the player who post it might be 1st post on forum so they aren't being told over and over again
Plus they don't use the search function so a duplicate thread gets created which happens more often than it should and not just about storage

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If someone else stores a building it has zero effect on my city growth or performance so who cares if we could store a building
I'm sorry, but I don't think you've considered the impact that storage would have on the game.

Inno has a desired level of difficulty for events, the FA, and the guest races.
Being able to store buildings would allow players to free up space in order to build more level 1 buildings for events/FA, and settlement buildings for finishing a chapter.
To counter this, the developers would have to increase the difficulty of everything for everyone in order to maintain the level of challenge they want.

Risen Malchiah

Being able to store buildings would allow players to free up space in order to build more level 1 buildings for events/FA, and settlement buildings for finishing a chapter.
If storage was a single 5x5 space where nothing in the entire city functioned while something was there, then it would be perfect for just moving things around. (Essentially it could work by disabling the MH, thereby making all roads "disconnected" temporarily.)

The other storage idea that people might be happy with would be a way to "unsummon" event buildings, which would be permanent and puts them into a separate tab, like a museum of previous things we've won. Those things could either never be re-summoned, or perhaps they could be brought back with a blueprint.

So there are possibilities that aren't game-breaking and wouldn't require changing the the difficulty of events.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If storage was a single 5x5 space where nothing in the entire city functioned while something was there
So.....an expansion, only worse?;) Why not just keep an expansion open then? Also you always have an expansion open when you first get it, so you could use it to move buildings then.
The other storage idea that people might be happy with would be a way to "unsummon" event buildings, which would be permanent and puts them into a separate tab, like a museum of previous things we've won. Those things could either never be re-summoned, or perhaps they could be brought back with a blueprint.
This works for me. As long as it is expensive (blueprint) it shouldn't upset the balance.
But unless we also get the ability to upgrade event buildings I still think this doesn't have a real purpose- If the building isn't good enough for your city today, it will only be worse when you unlock new even better buildings in the future.
So there are possibilities that aren't game-breaking and wouldn't require changing the the difficulty of events.
That's just it, I think either the storage is "good" and unbalances events, or it is weak/expensive enough not to, and is therefore rather pointless.
Perhaps there is a happy middle, but I'm not seeing it....unless you count the building swap idea where placing a building on top of another causes you to pick it up, but that assumes that inno wants to remove the sliding puzzle challenge completely (which would be fine with me)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I want storage so that I can squirrel away all of my Event buildings for four or five months just so that I can break the bloody game. :p

DeletedUser3507

This kid is old enough to be your great grandfather...:D
Rule # 1 respect your elders we graduated without Google and Wiki...

Last edited by a moderator: