• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A community based building!

DeletedUser

This kid is old enough o be your great grand father...:D
Rule # 1 respect your elders we graduated without Google and Wiki...

You're 150 years old? j, you don't know how old I am, so don't assume I'm a snot-nosed kid. :)

DeletedUser

My great grandfathers were born in 1883, 1885, 1896, and 1900. So...you may not be that much older than me. And while the genealogist in me says this has everything to do with storage (because you have to put all of these documents somewhere), the gamer in me says this has nothing to do with storage. :p

DeletedUser3507

No One commented about the Google and Wiki how interesting....:D

DeletedUser14064

Um, what does all that have to do with the topic of the discussion? I really do not wish to wade through pages of social discussion regarding wiki, google and age to find a pertinent post. Thank you.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Um, what does all that have to do with the topic of the discussion? I really do not wish to wade through pages of social discussion regarding wiki, google and age to find a pertinent post. Thank you.
LoL, welcome to the forums. The "discussion" doesn't have very many talking points, does it?
"I like (shape) because it's easier to fit"
"I like buildings that give ____"
"I like the art in chapter ____"

Having a discussion about this is like asking people to vote for coke or pepsi and then talk about it. What exactly is there to say other than that you like one over the other?

Pretty much anything you want to say about the topic can be said by simply clicking the "vote" button. BTW, what did your post add to the topic?;)

DeletedUser2163

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss about the community-based building and the poll regarding the building's size. Also, don't forget to vote at the top of the page! :)

The poll will be open for 7 days.

Reference:
building_sizes.png

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I like them all myself it gives me room to build and have the buildings set off in a nice pattern better use of the space I think: Just saying:

SoggyShorts

Rule # 1 respect your elders we graduated without Google and Wiki...
No One commented about the Google and Wiki how interesting....:D

Ironically if you google it, you'll find the proper use of the term "respect your elders"
respect your elders
This means to repect those that exhibit and procalim knowledge derived from experience that far supercedes your own. The election of an elder must be in accordance with tribal rules usually stating that the previous elders nominate the new generation and the population have the final say

Respect your elders It is often misused to insinuate that one should respect those older than you.

SoggyShorts

Coincidentally, there's nothing ironic about that. :rolleyes:
Wait, really? I do try not to use ironic incorrectly, but doesn't this situation qualify?

Person A: Respect your elders, we didn't have google
Person B: You are using the phrase incorrectly, if you googled it, you'd know that.

I mean the whole idea was to gain respect for not having grown up with google, but then google is used to prove that it shouldn't earn them respect.

i·ron·ic
īˈränik/
adjective
  1. using or characterized by irony.
    • happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this.
Surely it fits, no?

SoggyShorts

No. He specifically said Google was post-his-education, expecting that he ought to have Googled something is not counter to his action [statement], it is a humorous coincidence.
But that's not the reversal that I'm finding to be ironic.

He said we should "respect your elders", and gave his lack of google access while younger as a reason.
Then google helped prove that "respect your elders" isn't even a thing like he thought.

Bringing up the subject of google to gain respect, and having it backfire is the opposite effect of what was expected, and therefore is ironic.

DeletedUser3507

You and your ironic. @SoggyShorts :rolleyes:

Still we had no Google and Wiki to use back then, kids today rely on it. and Thus we had a much more difficult schooling experience, today kids ask it everything, and depend on it.;)

That's my point.
So we were in a pre-Google, Wiki environment.. Compared to the present. And pre desktop computer age...

Last edited by a moderator: