• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A new type of chapter

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849192770
  • Start date

Deleted User - 849192770

Do you ever get tired of the constant guest races visiting your city, just the same old same old that keeps getting harder and harder. A new chapter were you explore the lands beyond Elvenar and meet other races there there has a lot of potential. You have build shipping routes across land and city from your main city to your explorers to further your progress there. You will even run into some of the guest races from the previous chapters and spend some time in their city. These new races you meet will give you some of there knowledge about buildings and troops. The ones you already know have advanced quite a lot and can give you some more of there knowledge. What you learn on this trip will advance your city as you explore past the land of Elvenar.

What do people think about a new type of chapter i think it would be a nice refresher and keep the game going.
What about you?

AtaguS

Why yes, I do get a little bored of the constant guest race cycle. As much as I do enjoy seeing what buildings they bring and how they influence my city... the guest race goods get me down chapter after chapter. I'd love to see something new. But I'm curious about your idea. Could you elaborate a bit? How do you see it working?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah man
This is what I thought the portal was supposed to do all along, when I was too small to have one.

Deleted User - 849192770

Could you elaborate a bit? How do you see it working?
of course
everything would stay the same the tech tree the tourney and the spire, but each chapter would start by researching ships or an upgrade for your ships and then moving a group of scouts forward into new territory were they would explore the land and meet some new guest races but your troops and scouts need supplies so you have to build ships and wagons and stuff to give them what they need to keep going. to unlock new techs after you have the kp you need to have explored far enough and have enough goods from trading with the other races you can unlock the tech.

essentially you are explore the old guest races hometowns and trading the goods you make for the ones they make. you have to build ships to travel but they stay the same for every chapter and just need to be upgraded you would plot courses for the ships and have to deal with challenges on water like there is a chance for a ship to crash and then it has to be repaired.

you would be doing map encounters to meet the races and get goods to advance in the tech tree. you would be able to free your city of all the space it takes to have a guest race.

Sprite1313

Isn't the space management challenge the main component of Elvenar?
It is; but it might be fun if you alternated chapters. In chapter 19 (I'm skipping 18, because they are probably too far along in development to make any changes) the portal takes YOU somewhere. You still have upgrades for your buildings, so there is some rearranging. Then in chapter 20, the portal brings another guest race into your city. Shaking things up a little would help keep the interest. And it would be fun to have a whole new backdrop programmed that you got to go and visit from time-to-time.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm skipping 18, because they are probably too far along in development to make any changes
My understanding is Ch18, 19, and 20 are already fully developed and in the game files. They introduce the next tier of goods (already seen in Main Hall relic inventory as 'future goods') at the rate of one/chapter. So, we would be talking about Ch21 at the earliest for implementation.
I think something like this might be considered for Ch21+. They're going to have to do something about the limitations of the grid, either expanding it further to accommodate more bldgs or get creative with ways to expand the game without expanding the grid. Looks to me like there's room on the page for one more row of expansions on 2 sides and then it would require a major overhaul for more. I don't know if the existing space is planned for more expansions for Ch18-20 or not.
I don't know how things like server capacity to accommodate a new area of exploration would factor into this, but I think that would be a consideration for the company. I know they have expanded into additional 'pages' (for lack of a better word or understanding of the subject) for the FA's and Spire. It may not be that big of a deal to do the same for a new type of chapter. But, I don't think they'll do both (expand the grid and create a new area for exploration) so I don't think the idea of alternating chapter types would fly. Maybe someone with more knowledge of how those kind of things work will chime in.
^^Hoping that last paragraph makes sense with my limited knowledge of the subject.

AtaguS

Definitely but it also might be a nice break to have a little breathing room in your city for a few months, or however long it takes to finish the chapter, then back to the grind. Also, the regular buildings could change shape wildly. So a 4x5 residence could become a 3x8 or something challenging to make up for the lack of guest race buildings to fit in. I think there are some work arounds and it sure would be an nice change to explore other worlds for a little while.

CrusaderMichael

Like... Chapter 18... and we sail off to Forge of Empires....

i LOVE this idea... we could pvp other players and burn down their cities and stuff.

Let's do it... Chapter 18 = a plot of land in Forge of Empires....

Elvenar's Final Chapter !!!

Gladiola

@CrusaderMichael Invasion of the elves! (I don't really want to do PvP but I like imagining the chagrin of players in a game being inundated by travelers from a foreign world. Don't want it to happen to me though, no thank you, at least not in a PvP environment.)

Edited to clarify this is a response to CrusaderMichael's post above.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849192770

sorry if i didn't make this clear but you would still be managing space but not in your city instead on a map that you would explore you would manage where your scouts go and where your ships and wagons go.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea of traveling to other worlds. But, naturally, if one does so and the worlds are inhabited by other beings, you can trade.....and that's about it. Instead, how about colonies? You go to an uninhabited world and start a colony....sort of like what you do here. Same basic procedure except....your home city can send goods, coins, supplies...etc. Of course they have to have a space portal, and transports, and the costs of sending the whole thing stored in their Interstellar Portal. And, naturally, they can never send more than the the new colony can hold -- that would be just "lost in space," wouldn't it?

So the change would be that instead of other races exploring your city, you would be exploring new worlds AND, then be visited pretty much in the same manner by guest races as that city grows. And once that city is large enough -- about chapter 12-16 or so -- it could send back stuff to your home city. In either direction it would, of course, take about 4 days to make the round trip so your colony would have to wait a bit for the fleet to arrive, go back, get more, and return. And of course you can only send so much. You are limited by the number of ships you can have since you have only so many places to dock them in your Interstellar Space Portal and each ship can only carry so much. Not the fastest "feeder" situation by design.

So, in the end you have a fleet of transports moving goods back and forth but at a cost in resources and time. There would be no speed up instants for this as magic works only on the planet, not in space, and while you could use the colonies as "feeders" it would take a lot of time, effort etc... to get to that point.

Now the pros are many as most of what you would do in your new city has already been coded. The tech tree, the guest races and all of it, is pretty much "transportable" to the new colony. Of course the new tech tree might be a bit easier since you've already invented/discovered it before on your home planet, and since you've already done the guest race before you probably recognize what you did and didn't do that you should not have done or should have done.

And there wouldn't be a Neighbors, Spires, Tournaments or FAs so there would have to be some kind of "credit" system where KP earned in the home world could be used instantly in the colony or colonies. Sort of like electronic banking.

AJ

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849192770

I like the idea of traveling to other worlds. But, naturally, if one does so and the worlds are inhabited by other beings, you can trade.....and that's about it. Instead, how about colonies? You go to an uninhabited world and start a colony....sort of like what you do here. Same basic procedure except....your home city can send goods, coins, supplies...etc. Of course they have to have a space portal, and transports, and the costs of sending the whole thing stored in their Interstellar Portal. And, naturally, they can never send more than the the new colony can hold -- that would be just "lost in space," wouldn't it?

So the change would be that instead of other races exploring your city, you would be exploring new worlds AND, then be visited pretty much in the same manner by guest races as that city grows. And once that city is large enough -- about chapter 12-16 or so -- it could send back stuff to your home city. In either direction it would, of course, take about 4 days to make the round trip so your colony would have to wait a bit for the fleet to arrive, go back, get more, and return. And of course you can only send so much. You are limited by the number of ships you can have since you have only so many places to dock them in your Interstellar Space Portal and each ship can only carry so much. Not the fastest "feeder" situation by design.

So, in the end you have a fleet of transports moving goods back and forth but at a cost in resources and time. There would be no speed up instants for this as magic works only on the planet, not in space, and while you could use the colonies as "feeders" it would take a lot of time, effort etc... to get to that point.

Now the pros are many as most of what you would do in your new city has already been coded. The tech tree, the guest races and all of it, is pretty much "transportable" to the new colony. Of course the new tech tree might be a bit easier since you've already invented/discovered it before on your home planet, and since you've already done the guest race before you probably recognize what you did and didn't do that you should not have done or should have done.
yes yes yes this would alos make spire and tourny easier in your home world but i think that the city builds can only get so big so it doesn't make a huge imbalance

And there wouldn't be a Neighbors, Spires, Tournaments or FAs so there would have to be some kind of "credit" system where KP earned in the home world could be used instantly in the colony or colonies. Sort of like electronic banking.
no i don't think so i don't think kp needs to be used in the colinies just keep the tech tree the same

Deleted User - 849192770

im thinking that you have a map and you need to build ships and move them around the map to get goods to the colinies and get guest race goods back to spend in the tech tree.

example the first one of these chapters:

first the tech to build sailing ships is unlocked, then after building those you send off population goods coins and supplies to a new land. you can trade these goods for the goods these races make or for space to set up buildings in their city. you progress through the tech tree getting upgrade for your buildings and troops squad size upgrades and city expansions all the usual. these techs will require goods that the races produce and you trade for you get to explore a whole new world map and find more of the races cities that will offer different trades for different goods. The next chapter will start with a ship upgrade that allows you to got into a new races territory.

Sprite1313

im thinking that you have a map and you need to build ships and move them around the map to get goods to the colinies and get guest race goods back to spend in the tech tree.

example the first one of these chapters:

first the tech to build sailing ships is unlocked, then after building those you send off population goods coins and supplies to a new land. you can trade these goods for the goods these races make or for space to set up buildings in their city. you progress through the tech tree getting upgrade for your buildings and troops squad size upgrades and city expansions all the usual. these techs will require goods that the races produce and you trade for you get to explore a whole new world map and find more of the races cities that will offer different trades for different goods. The next chapter will start with a ship upgrade that allows you to got into a new races territory.
Well, this would solve the issue of running out of space on the current grid.

Deleted User - 849192770

Well, this would solve the issue of running out of space on the current grid.
yes and it would make it so people who really wanted to do well in spire and tourney could and nt have the guest races eat up their space.

Deleted User - 849192770

if i were to type up a official format for this chapter type how many people would vote for this? I don't imagine for a second that the devs will do it but i want to get it in front of them.